APauls 12-Oct-18
ahunter55 12-Oct-18
olebuck 12-Oct-18
midwest 12-Oct-18
Boatman71 12-Oct-18
pointingdogs 12-Oct-18
t-roy 12-Oct-18
09-Oct-18
With the rain that hasn't ended in what seems like months here in Iowa, I finally hit the woods yesterday afternoon after getting rained out at work. We were unusually warm but there was rain pushing in so I thought that would get them up. Turns out I was right. As soon as I sat down and raised my bow up I saw some does coming. They fed 30 yards in front of me for about 20 minutes but kept checking behind them. Finally, a little fork horn and a small 8pt came in nose down trailing them. They each grunted at the does and chased them around the woods before the does finally ran out into the field. I know we are a few weeks away from the good action but as terrible as the rut was in the northeastern part of the state last year that was super exciting to see. Had about 6 more does come in right around sunset as the fog rolled in bleating all the time. So great to be back in the woods! Anyone seeing much elsewhere?

09-Oct-18
Sure would like to see the corn come out. I'm predicting a tough season. I bet a lot of corn will still be standing by gun season.

09-Oct-18
Agree with Nick. The farmers are going to have a tuff time getting stuff out of the fields this fall. I haven’t been in a stand yet, but I’m seeing tons of does and small bucks all over.

09-Oct-18
Here in Central MN, they are harvesting corn before the beans. Never saw that before. TODDY

09-Oct-18
My uncle and his boys run 1500 acres in me Iowa and he said they will be harvesting corn in January this year. Thier also afraid of thier beans rotting with the warm humid weather.

10-Oct-18
Last Saturday, I filled my buck tag in first hour hunt of first day hunt of this season. I got up tree stand at 5:15 pm. After 30 minutes 3 does walked by, 6:15pm 3 others does walked by and 2 other bucks 10 and 12 points followed them the same path. I passed 10 points less 150 inches and shot a 12 points 154 inches at 41 yards. He ran less than 50 yards . I saw 3, 4 other bigger bucks and 20 does eaten other side of field. I like to hunt on light rain it will help cover your scent.

11-Oct-18

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Got out for the first time last friday evening in between rain showers. Several deer in the alfalfa and this lone doe just had to get to close. Started field dressing her right at dark and the mosquitoes like to have carried me off. Standing corn and beans everywhere.

11-Oct-18
Doesn't count without a pic, Lovehunt11!

11-Oct-18
So much rain here in mid Michigan that I have standing water on sandy ground. Food plots look good tho!

11-Oct-18
The river bottom I hunt is fully flooded (SE IA). Had to shift gears and ask a couple farmers for permission on high ground. Put a stand up last night and hope to be in it next week. Finally cooled off and hopefully the IA State bird (Mosquito) will have died off some by then.

11-Oct-18

Lovehunt11 's embedded Photo
Lovehunt11 's embedded Photo
Here is pictures of my buck Nick ( Midwest ). I posted on meat pole then I thought you saw it.

12-Oct-18
Great buck. Congrats.

12-Oct-18
I always get a chuckle when the guys from the midwest think they have mosquitoes ;)

Congrats on a beauty of a buck Don!

12-Oct-18
Good Deer. I'm in N.E. Ia also & have not been out yet. 3 of my 4 stands are unreachable due to water.

12-Oct-18
i head to unit 4 - Corning IA Area - i start hunting 11/5 - can't wait.

12-Oct-18
Great buck, Don! Heavy and dark!

12-Oct-18
I have heard that Canadian mosquitos grow antlers! Iowa Mosquitos fly in V's south for the winter.

NICE BUCK!!

12-Oct-18
A few bucks on the road this AM. 30 degrees helps. Should be a good week with the temps. Good luck to all.

12-Oct-18
Congrats on your buck, Don.

APauls.....we’ve got just as many of them, they’re just smaller. Bergmann’s rule :)

• Sitka Gear