Scar Finga 11-Oct-18
Paul@thefort 11-Oct-18
DPowers 11-Oct-18
DPowers 12-Oct-18
WV Mountaineer 12-Oct-18
GF 12-Oct-18
DPowers 13-Oct-18
11-Oct-18
I am post C3 to C7 cervical fusion. I can shoot, but I cannot aim in traditional form. I just bought a new mission bow that I have shortened the draw length to 23 inches, to shoot with a mouth release. I am at 48 pounds now, but feel i will be able to work up to about 60 pounds. My question is what weight arrow will i need to shoot to be adequate for elk. My current arrows are about 440 grains. Thanks for any input. Dave

11-Oct-18
IMO, you're fine now, if you wait for the right shot. Glad to see you are still at it and prayers your way brother! I wish nothing but success for you!

11-Oct-18
are you shooting a 28 inch plus arrow (440 grains) from the draw length of 23 inch? Just curious or are you planning on shorting them for some reason. Personally I see nothing wrong shooting a longer arrow but some others may have suggestions. my best to you for keeping at it and staying in the game. Paul

11-Oct-18
I took a crossbow this year. Never again.

12-Oct-18
I plan to shoot my current arrows. My thought is that I may need to get a but heavier. Put the arch back in archery.

12-Oct-18
That will do it. Worry about something else brother.

12-Oct-18
If you can get a 450 grain arrow up to an honest 190 FPS, you’ll be in better shape than an awfully high percentage of stickbow shooters. Just make sure it’s flying straight & settled, and pick your shots like a clean kill is your top priority.

13-Oct-18
Thanks for the input guys.

• Sitka Gear