BUCKeye 28-Oct-18
ground hunter 28-Oct-18
Missouribreaks 28-Oct-18
TXHunter 29-Oct-18
BC173 29-Oct-18
John Ryan 29-Oct-18
Trial153 29-Oct-18
12-Oct-18
I just downloaded the app, wondering if anyone has put it to the test? I'm going to hunt whether it says poor or excellent as my time in the woods is limited. But wondering who else is playing around with it and how do your results compare to their movement forecast?

12-Oct-18
I downloaded the app earlier this week. Due to work I haven't made it into the woods since, but I'm anxious to see how accurate it is. I was watching a day earlier in the week, and the Deercast forecast changed from Good to Poor, back to Good, and then changed to Poor again. According to the app, the chance of rain, barometric pressure, temperature and wind direction didn't change, so I'm curious as to what criteria led to the repeated change in the Deercast forecast. Hopefully, time spent using the app, and time in the woods will give me a better understanding.

Best of luck this season.

12-Oct-18
Not sure how this could work? So many factors on whether the deer will be active in your area or not. Food, hunting pressure, barometric pressure, wind, etc. Sounds like another gimmick to me and no I wont be downloading the app. If you hunt when the time is right and play the wind, have a entry/exit strategy, scouted spots that have the sign, the odds will be in your favor. You need a app for that?

12-Oct-18
meh...I'm going regardless. All I need is wind direction

12-Oct-18
I've only been out once so far, but I timed it with the App when it said that it was going to be "Great." Let me say, it was a great evening hunt. I was planning on going this evening, but the App says "Ok", so not wanting to burn out my only spot on limited land, I'm foregoing this evening. It certainly is not foolproof, but I'm going to test it this season to see how it stacks up.

12-Oct-18
Grunter, I agree with you, many "other" factors come in to play that can't be "forecasted".

This may certainly fall in line as Moonguide 2.0, latest and greatest gizmo, but I'm interested to see if/how it stands up to real world input from guys using it. Like I stated, It won't change my mind as I have limited time to spend in a tree, but will be checking it out just to see if their technology works or doesn't. Good hunting.

12-Oct-18
I was out this morning and it said poor (so says my buddy who has it)...it was POOR

12-Oct-18
Sounds kind of stupid. The only way to get a deer is to be out in the woods. Why would someone want to limit their days due to an App? Do you think deer decide they don’t want to eat that day?

12-Oct-18
I use it. Gives me local weather, barometric pressure, their opinion based on current conditions and it’s free. Used it yesterday, conditions were great and saw a pile of deer. If nothing else it is enjoyable to be out when everything is pointing to deer on the move.

12-Oct-18
+1 MQQSE. I will be using it also this fall.

It makes a lot of sense to me to combine temp, barometric pressure, moon phase and precipitation. I too will hunt everyday but will pay attention to hours I spend on stand. The Drury brothers know a lot about big deer.

12-Oct-18
+2MQQSE Awesome content/ videos/info. If you have limited vacation especially early season makes a lot of sense to pick best days according to weather variables especially when hunting hours from home. Yesterday was forecasted great and it was awesome. Just another tool to use

12-Oct-18
Well I’m new too the site but if you boys go of internet statistics good luck

12-Oct-18
You can’t kill em on the couch an finger banging that phone good this year boys

12-Oct-18
Does it come with 860 acres in zone 5 in iowa?

13-Oct-18
You all sold me. I needed a 5th weather app to feed myself wind directions during hunting season anyway (ha ha ha, I seriously have 5 now :)). I was curious, so I loaded it up, and at worst, it's a good little weather app. Feels like weather underground with the little wind arrows on the hourly and all...

Ill hunt when I can hunt, but now that I have it, Ill look to see if what I see meshes with a "good" or "bad" day. It really is a pretty solid and easy to navigate weather app though, again. Ill definitely be using it for weather.

Havent looked at the vid's and stuff yet.

13-Oct-18
Buddies in 3 States recommend it as an instant source for weather, b pressure,precip etc wherever you are.Haven't used anything else in the app but for those purposes,it's great. I hunt daily but knowing basics quickly is an aid.

13-Oct-18
I have it and am curious to see how it works out. Interestingly, it often conflicts with what scoutlook weather ap says. One says “best” and one says “ok or poor”. Wind direction is what I rely on most

14-Oct-18
I forgot to add that regardless of what the app says, I'll be hunting every day I'm off work unless it's pouring down rain. Since the app is free for now, I thought it would be interesting to see if there's any value to it.

14-Oct-18

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
All I shot last night was a doe...thanks for nothin’ Drurys

14-Oct-18
Kidding, I actually really like the app and will be using it this season. Just had to poke fun at all the technological crutches we have these days

14-Oct-18
Deercast said it was GREAT last Friday PM and it was correct. I saw 6 bucks and was lucky enough to harvest a good one!

14-Oct-18
Downloaded it this eve in the stand and it said poor! I didn’t see squat!

Lee

15-Oct-18
If you use things like this to tell you when or where to hunt. You deserve to be duped. The Deercast app has many excellent resources in one place. Digest this info and use your own experience and common sense.

15-Oct-18
Last night was supposed to be "Good", but I didn't see a thing. I have another buddy on the same block of woods, but quite a ways from me and he didn't see a thing either. Don't know what this means, but I plan to make a comparison at the end of the season.

15-Oct-18
"Drury's have to pay for all those properties one way or another "

The app is free...

15-Oct-18
the app is free THIS YEAR, so i have it on my phone just to see how things add up from what deer cast says, to what actually happened while i was hunting....next year you will have to buy it, and that is when i delete it off my phone!

15-Oct-18
If it’s helpful to me (free trial first year) and then costs a $1.99 I’ll probably buy it and just cut back on 1/10 th of a broadhead.

15-Oct-18
JTV I love ya man but you sound like an old bitter curmudgeon tonite. Kick back, relax and watch Monday nite football, it might make you feel better. Oh crap I forgot your boycotting the NFL. Well umm ok how about some 20 yr old scotch. You do drink right?

15-Oct-18
Lol JTV. That’s the first step!!

15-Oct-18
I got it just for the hell of it and I think Florida is already confusing it. Lol

16-Oct-18
I strictly use it for weather, pressure and the hourly wind direction changes. So far its been very accurate with the wind changes and it helps me plan which stands to hunt and when to move. I don't look too much into the "Poor" or "Great" ratings for deer movement.

16-Oct-18
So, you guys "made" me buy it (for free ;)). Thus far though, the two chances I've had to hunt happened to coincide with when it said "good" or "great". On both I saw at least one deer. In some parts of the deer world, that's like saying I saw tools at home depot, but here, thats good. In fairness, I hunted to good spots, both during clearing out rains as high pressure moved in and set up and temps fell... Sooooo....

One unintended positive though. My wife likes stuff like that. I told her the other day: The guys on bowsite told me to get this free app for the weather, by those Drury guys. Her initial reaction was, those guys couldnt shoot a deer in the north east that was more than 1.5 years old. I disagreed, but it was funny. However, and this is where it gets good... The concept that it says "good" "great" "bad" or whatever... She seemed instantly to buy into. So, If I said, "Think you can get the kids to school tomorrow so I can go hunting?"... She literally, now, is like: "What do Drury's say?" This could work two ways for me. I could miss a day because Terry and Mark say today sucks (Bogus, any day in a tree is awesome), but I could gain a day because Terry and Mark say its going to be great.

Whatever... It's been fun to play with, and I agree, the wind speed/direction aspect seems pretty solid.

16-Oct-18
Antler insanity app is great.

Wind, weather, pressure, etc.

17-Oct-18
Dang I'm seriously old school, all I got is a piece of frayed dental floss hanging off my bow for wind direction.

17-Oct-18
JTV you break me up. Once they quit DVDs you dropped all things Drury. So basically you enjoyed watching them then they moved on with the times and progressed out of dated technology .....so now somehow they are bad. Also you are not going to download the app so you don't get "hooked" If you get hooked wouldn't you be saying you enjoyed it and got value from it? Seems like someone is stuck in the past and wants to be cranky

17-Oct-18
weather.com

17-Oct-18
For those missing their DVDs, the app lets you watch all of their DVDs and all current streaming content for free.

I downloaded the app after listening to the Wired to Hunt podcast where Mark was on there discussing how it works. I've never been a Drury fan boy, but I respect them for their ability to kill big deer year in and year out, so I was all ears. The podcast was very informative on what went into the making of the app and how it continually analyzes data to predict better or worse hunting conditions. I figured for free why not try it. The first day I tried it in September it said "Great" for the first cold front with high pressure. Sure enough 2 hours into the sit I had 5 does and a small buck running all over around me and I shot the biggest of the does. I've sat a couple other times that were good to great ratings and they were ok hunts. I agree that you cannot kill one at home so you need to be in the stand regardless. But I think the app lets you narrow your time down and plan life around hunting conditions. If I know that I have a couple things that need to be done on evenings, but I want to hunt too, I can look at the app forecasts and decide hey if I hunt these two days and skip these two to do "life" things then I am probably balancing my time to optimize my chances.

Just another tool in the tool box. It will work sometimes and not others.

19-Oct-18
Just a quick follow up for those interested. I've only hunted 4 times this year, 2 sits in the same stand, other 2 sits were 200+ yards from that stand. Once to the north, once to the south. I'm hitting the outside edges of a 30 selected cut timber patch that is full of briars and mature trees, great bedding area. My "ridge" stand camera has solid movement throughout the day, numerous does, 4- 1 1/2 year old bucks and 3 solid 8 pointers. For me, solid in my area (near Traverse City, MI) is anything pushing 120+. First sit in my ridge stand a few weeks ago produced one doe sighting, the app said movement prediction was poor. Next 2 sits were in the stands to the north and south as described earlier. One day, movement prediction was good- I saw 4 does and 2 fawns. Other sit, prediction was poor, saw one doe. Last night I went back to my ridge stand, prediction was great, ended up seeing 2 does and 2 fawns early, then had a parade of 6 does and 3 fawns pass by 12 yards from the stand. The app has so far, has been pretty close to predictions. On a side note, was extremely impressed with Evercalm last night. The first group of does actually cut my path at 75 yards and literally tracked me right back to the stand. The big parade milled around within 20 yards for 15 minutes, sniffing the ground, browsing, etc. Thankfully none followed me right to the base, they hung out just upwind and then finally proceeded on their way out. Just a great night all around.

19-Oct-18
Interesting. DeerCast said great yesterday evening and I have a 2 1/2 year old buck within 5 yards. However, I too have Evrcalm on my boots and I put a little on the tree I was in. When he got to my downwind side, he caught the wind and freaked out and bolted. Was it me or the Evercalm? Not sure, but I do keep all my clothes in an ozone closet and I hunt about 20' up. I think I'm going to rewash all my clothes and get a fresh start.

20-Oct-18
Love the app...

Saw 6 deer by 5:40 including a 4 point...shot a doe....

The app said "Poor"....can't wait to hunt when it is "Great!" :)

28-Oct-18
App said this morning was "OK" even though weather was perfect just before a cold front and had an awesome hunt with great deer movement

28-Oct-18
gee,,, how do I kill deer,,,,, I have no idea on a phone,,, I do not have one,,,,,, what a world

28-Oct-18
IMO, dumb.

29-Oct-18
Bottom line: I’m not going to sit home when I could be hunting just because some app tells me to.

29-Oct-18
I give the Drury’s credit, though. They are among the best “ pimps “, that have ever pimped!! Wether you like them or not.

29-Oct-18
I really wonder how I ever killed a deer in the old days. I just went to the woods and hunted. Didn’t need an app or someone else to do my thinking for me.

29-Oct-18
Just another way to make a buck on bucks

• Sitka Gear