Elkhorn 15-Oct-18
SteveB 15-Oct-18
SaddleReaper 16-Oct-18
stealthycat 16-Oct-18
TrapperKayak 16-Oct-18
Deflatem 16-Oct-18
Zbone 17-Oct-18
12-Oct-18
Never heard of them-May Ranch Whitetails- 2.5-year old buck measuring 340 and change. Still alive. I saw the picture, don't think it was photoshopped. Have no idea what the deal is. Anybody know about them?

12-Oct-18
Steroids..... do you ever stop typing?

12-Oct-18
Well, Bill, that is the way I make a living but yes, I do. In fact, I stopped long enough to process the deer I killed this morning, smoke a pork tenderloin, get the truck serviced and washed and send a magazine article off. I may go fishing, this afternoon and go to my son's football game tonight, (he is a high school coach,). How is your day going? Oh, just FYI- I get up at 2:30.

12-Oct-18

mn_archer's Link
look at their videos. Tgats all I need to see to know I cant arrord that place

12-Oct-18
To each his own, but I have zero interest in those steroid infused freaks.

12-Oct-18
It was obvious it was farm. I just never heard of it.

12-Oct-18
Handy having the ear tags. You can simply check the tag number, verify the score and price on your cheat sheet, and pull the trigger. Or thump them on the head with a hammer while they bury their nose in your food pail. Take your pick.

12-Oct-18
Ditto on the no interest AT ALL!

12-Oct-18
Carnival freaks

Sad

12-Oct-18
Pen trash. Who cares

12-Oct-18
I hate those things hate em they have ruined legit big whitetails same with elk....

12-Oct-18
The pen trash industy is huge. Pretty telling of a lot of so called " hunters"

12-Oct-18
Sad state of affairs. I don't like it. Not a good look for real hunting.

12-Oct-18
Cut the fence and hunt the property next door!

12-Oct-18
Bunch of deer farms in Ohio got them like that too... Nothing new, been going on past decade or two now... There's probably a dozen of the them within 20 miles of me right now... Couple years or so ago one pen got loose and think there was 5 or 6 of them got out, anyhow a buddy of mine actually killed one... Hadn't heard for a while but at the time I heard one survived and may still even be out there, although doubtful for as much hunting pressure in the area...

12-Oct-18
WTF!!!!! That Shiznit should be illegal! Genetic modification is NEVER a good thing with crap like this!

12-Oct-18
Zbone, how big was the one your buddy killed? If it was just a contained orgy for people who were into that perverted kind of stuff, I wouldn’t really care. I care because I’ve heard of them getting out and that leaching into the populations which totally affects all things natural. It’s interesting and fun for me as a trophy hunter to chase NATURAL white tails in their NATURAL habitat, and seeing what a NATURAL whitetail is capable of.

12-Oct-18
Welp....

I guess I now officially no longer give a Kurt Vonnegut Flyin’ ________ at a rolling donut about whitetail antlers anymore.

12-Oct-18
Pen trash and pen trash " shots "need to be expunged

13-Oct-18
The vid's above, are sorta like watching "Mr Olympia"... You are amazed humans can get they muscular, but sort of horrified too. Those deer are insane... Crazy.

13-Oct-18
"FYI- I get up at 2:30" Maybe you should sleep in an extra hour or two and skip the clickbait posts...

13-Oct-18
gross

13-Oct-18
There is a deer farm near the area I hunt. Someone cut the fence a few years ago and if my memory is correct they lost at least 16 bucks. The farm is surrounded by public land so I'm sure a few hunters had a chance at one of those giants. There is a high fence hunting operation that buys deer from that breeder. Those bucks know the deal. You can drive the perimeter of the land and there are giant bucks lined up along the fence.

Imo those bucks are ugly. It's the same as when I see a male or female bodybuilder. That shit just ain't natural and looks ridiculous.

13-Oct-18
Welcome to the wonderful world of modern day bowhunting. Glad I saw the past as I did, so many other " Neo Trads " have missed it..

13-Oct-18
A few of those world famous TV deer hunters bought does from those operations and turned them loose on there farms. 100% fair chase

13-Oct-18
Lots of money to be made from deer antler velvet.. ask ray Lewis..

13-Oct-18
Sad and worrisome that man messes around with Gods creations as if they’re not perfect already.

13-Oct-18
That one named headache is big for sure but I still dont see him over 420 at the most

13-Oct-18
It’s livestock. I go to the shows and don’t even look at those things. Funny thing is you don’t see these guys trying to sell these “hunts” at the Sheep Show! Go to Dallas or Houston Safari Club shows and they are not only selling these hunts but there is a traffic jam of people gawking at the mounts and videos. Of course, these are the same people who consider Keith Warren a world class deer hunter.

13-Oct-18
How long before they start “hunting” them with dart guns and a replica rack you can take home after it wakes up for the next guy.

13-Oct-18
I don’t understand why guys freak out over line breeding deer, when we literally do it to almost everything else, Buffalo, cattle, dogs so on?

13-Oct-18
Will- I was thinking the exact same thing!

13-Oct-18
Sad, Sad, Sad!!! Shawn

14-Oct-18
M.Pauls - "Zbone, how big was the one your buddy killed?"

I think it had close to 20 points, I held the rack and cleaned skull but don't remember the exact number of points... Although it was big, was told it was the smallest of the half dozen escaped...

Lemme look around my files, I may have saved a picture of it...

14-Oct-18
I know I had pictures on my phone, but that phone is long gone, and can't find pix in my computer files, must not have saved them... I've text him and see he'll send me another...

14-Oct-18
Found link on internet of escaped bucks:

https://www.inquisitr.com/1696496/monster-buck-worth-almost-20k-escapes-hunting-pen-teen-kills-it/

14-Oct-18
BTW, my buddy didn't know it was escapee at time he shot it and was highly disappointed when he learned, thought he shot the buck of his life...

14-Oct-18

Zbone's Link
Here's an old Bowsite thread about these penned deer:

https://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=401875&messages=57&forum=4

14-Oct-18
I'd be more proud of a button buck.

15-Oct-18
I am totally against penned hunts, but I wonder if it reduces some unethical hunters from poaching, as they are offered an easy legal way to get a big rack. They prob don’t even realize that nobody really cares about there pathetic antlers. I am under the understanding that safari club allows entry of some of these hunts is that correct? I would never support any club that did.

15-Oct-18
COuldn't give me a hunt like that for free.

16-Oct-18
They cant even turn their flippin heads without being thrown off balance....I dont care for it at all, but to each his own.

16-Oct-18
I don't think I'd get any satisfaction shooting a black angus bull in pasture. These deer are nothing more than livestock.

16-Oct-18
LOL, the 'everything's bigger in Texas' mentality took over there... I wouldn't mind a shed or two from one. Other than that, not at all interested in that operation.

16-Oct-18
Whatever they are doing, is probably a bad idea.

17-Oct-18
M.Pauls - I texted my buddy, haven't received a text back so I assume he has a new number, haven't seen him in a couple years...

• Sitka Gear