ki-ke 17-Oct-18
mattandersen 18-Oct-18
ki-ke 18-Oct-18
mattandersen 18-Oct-18
crankn101 18-Oct-18
16-Oct-18

mattandersen's embedded Photo
johnny parker brown and jeremy scott ballantine of InPursuit365 are "want to be" professional hunters. They are slimy, shady, sneaky fellas let me tell you...The worst kind of people. The kind of people that do WHATEVER it takes to get what THEY want. These two class acts came and hunted with me in Ohio back in 2014. They stayed at my home, I didn't ask for any money or anything, only thing I asked was if they could try and film me shoot a doe. So jeremy shoots a beautiful 139" 9 pt and recovery's it. Johnny put a gut shot a nice buck a few days later. It ran off the property..they did tresspass looking for it some then backed out. I went to work the following day figuring they'd look for their deer and maybe continue to hunt if no luck. What do they do? They up and left..no thanks Matt, no more looking for the buck like an ethical hunter would do. I quickly let them know that they are no longer welcome to hunt with me and that that wasn't cool at all. I didn't bother posting about what assholes they were way back when on and I also don't like to air dirty laundry but what I found out this past wknd changed that...What they had done before they left town is ask the neighboring landowner to hunt his land the following year...They made a deal to hunt his land bordering the property I manage/hunt in exchange for a bear hunt back in NH/VT..WOW I just learned this over the wknd when someone had cut the straps on one of my stands and went to speak with the neighboring landowner and the men that hunt it, somehow the New Hampshire boys came up during the discussion, not that they cut the straps just they came up somehow...this caught my attention and I started asking questions. Talk about feeling used and taken advantage of...I've attached a few pics of jeremys buck(I took that pic), the rack off the buck jonny shot when they went back out to scout the following year and the bears the neighbors shot on their exchange hunt. Did they break the law? No, are they shady as hell? YES! Before they both blocked me on social media cause you better believe I called that asshole JB immediately upon learning this, I used to see them always posting about haters and people "making things up" about them. Guess its true guys! I hope their sponsers see this if they have any.. Please share this I have no reason to lie or make this up. Johnny Parker Brown and Jeremy Scott Ballantine of InPursuit365 I know some of you know Jeremy as he is a guide but this is true. I've been posting on bowsite for years and you all prob are familiar with mine and Jacks posts hunting the awesome land I manage and hunt. This infuriates me to no end. Please share this guys. I'm not going to argue if people don't agree/believe this.

16-Oct-18
Kind of a hard rant to follow. So youre mad because they left and didnt say thanks but you found the buck he gut shot?

16-Oct-18
Never heard of them but I’ll take your word for Matt. Seams being a scum bag is nearly a requirement for a tv personality or a tv wannabe.

16-Oct-18
Now three people have mud on them. What’s the purpose of this. Who is better off after this post?

16-Oct-18

Here is johnny with the rack from the buck he gut shot in 2014 in august 2015.

16-Oct-18

16-Oct-18

Here is Johnny and I in 2014

16-Oct-18

The neighbors and their bears...

16-Oct-18
I didn't find the rack, another land owner did. I guess they contacted him and got a hold of the rack but weren't able to keep it. I am just disgusted so yes I "ranted" It seems that some want to be tv personalities will do what ever it takes...I just want you hunters to know whether you believe me or not.

16-Oct-18
Matt-wow very sad. Deer hunting can create enemies in no time. You always seem like a stand up guy. So are you mad that they made a deal with your neighbor to hunt land that borders yours? And yeah them leaving your place without a goodbye and thank you is really shitty. Talk about a slap in the face. I'd be upset with how it all turned out as well. If anything they should of said their goodbyes and thank you's and how much they appreciated your hospitality. And then asked if you cared if they asked your neighbor about possibly hunting there.

16-Oct-18
Yes they didn't break the law as far as I know. Just how it all went down was nothing but shady. I tried to portray that in my rant. Hopefully, if read carefully it makes sense. All this goes hand in hand with cutting straps off others tree stands that are on your property, stealing trail cams or other equipment etc

16-Oct-18
So the neighbor wouldn't let them trespass to find the gut shot deer but he let them come hunt when they traded a bear hunt?

16-Oct-18
Different neighbor...

16-Oct-18
So how did they end up finding the dead head?

16-Oct-18
Another neighbor who found it on his land according to the other neighbor(bear hunters) I did speak with, the neighbors who went on the bear hunt fessed up to everything. And also said they were talking badly about me. I am not really mad at the neighbors who went on the bear hunt, they prob just saw an opportunity to go on a free bear hunt and didn't really know me.

16-Oct-18
Did they ever film the doe hunt? Which was part of the agreement for them to hunt with you

16-Oct-18
Gotcha.

16-Oct-18
If all of this happen in 2014, why are you waiting till 2018 to come forward with your story?

Have I seen this type of stuff on TV before?

16-Oct-18
Sooooo, they hunted your place and then hunted the neighbors' place after that instead of coming back to yours, and you did get a video of yourself shooting a doe? Yeah, totally worth a rant 4 years later, totally...

16-Oct-18
How was the weather on their hunt on your place compared to the other. Maybe that had some impact on the different results.

16-Oct-18
This crap is what comes from involving money and hunting. Noone wins in the deal.

16-Oct-18
I don't understand the issue? If they are professionals, why wouldn't they pursue a better hunting property?

16-Oct-18
Some of you guys need to at least read the Op's post before asking questions. These guys do sound shady and I think most of us would be unhappy if we were treated like that!

16-Oct-18
Guys read what I wrote. I never ranted years ago, I let it go. Just this past wknd while investigating cut straps on a treestand is when I learned about what had happened and how they literally gained permission to hunt property bordering mine. So its all fresh again to me. It disgusted me. No money was involved, out of kindness and generosity I allowed them to hunt the land I manage. In my opinion, they screwed me over whether you agree or not. Its shady and these guys are promoting themselves as good, ethical hunters. I feel they are not. I didn't get a doe on video and that is fine. Just didn't happen.

16-Oct-18
Matt, I can see your points pretty clearly. Some are givers, and some are simply takers.

16-Oct-18
I can see being pissed they didn't thank you for the hunt invite but I don't see how they could continue to look for the gut shot deer if the landowner wouldn't allow them access.

As far as them getting permission to hunt on the other neighbors property, I guess I don't see any reason to be upset about that.

Just go kill another big ol' whitey, Matt, and forget about it.

16-Oct-18
I don't know that they even knocked on any doors to ask permission to look and knowing them they probably didn't. They were gone by 11am and had to pull 3 or 4 double treestand sets..More they were asking permission to hunt next year...and that is shady in my opinion. Very. I'll be ok thanks for the support guys.

16-Oct-18
Matt, is it possible they gained permission from the neighbor through asking to find the buck? I.E. that was their initial contact and then it evolved from there?

16-Oct-18
I can see your point, as something similar happened to me. I'm now very carefully who I take hunting. I have never gone to the place someone has taken me to or gone to the adjacent landowner and then asked for permission to hunt there land... I would never leave a hunt that someone has taken me on, unless there was an emergency and I always thank them over and over again for the privilege to have hunted with them. ED

16-Oct-18
Brotsky they are different landowners...SHADY. Lesson definitely learned

16-Oct-18
Said it before I'll say it again. Money, women & hunting spots makes men do questionable shit.

Let it go Matt; try to learn from the situation. Hold your cards close to your chest.

16-Oct-18
This happens everywhere, hunting brings out the worst in some people. Trespassing is as bad as it gets too.

16-Oct-18
Invite true friends and not a-holes is what I took from it. There are some people who will go to any extreme for fame and fortune. Move on and enjoy and share your season with your good friend Jack! I always enjoy your hunts with him that you share here.

16-Oct-18
Thanks I hope Jack can make it this year. He recommended I didn't post/share this but I am just so angry over it. I will be fine and move on. Again NO MONEY was involved, money has nothing to do with this. Or women lol My one mistake, I didn't know these guys. They were friends of friends and we bonded over a year or so before they came out. Never again will I invite someone I don't personally know.

16-Oct-18
I think your last sentence was a lesson learned. I once read in a hunting article that to really know someone go on an unsuccessful hunt, maybe spend a couple days in a tent together while the weather rages. The point is, you never know someone until you've spent a decent amount of time with them, especially if it DID NOT all come together as everyone had hoped. It's a lesson I've had a couple times and not interested in repeating. Good luck going forward Matt.

16-Oct-18
Id be ticked too... the entire situation sucks... Another example of why people refuse to let people hunt their property. Nothing surprises me in the hunting world today! Unfortunately, because of you being screwed over, the chance of someone who just likes to hunt, will not get a chance to hunt with you or your property due to these jackasses....... Just another example of many of todays "hunters"...

16-Oct-18
You didn't like the way they acted so you acted the same way? After you made it clear that they were not welcome there, you act surprised that they sought permission to hunt in the area (do you think they should have asked you for permission to do that?) ... and why do you keep bringing up the cut straps on the tree stand? It sounds like you're implying that they may have done it.

Without hearing the other side of the story, I'd say this sounds a lot like a few guys hunting together and it not going exactly like they'd hoped. I know Jeremy, and how you described him was very different than my experience with him. He was nothing but polite, professional and helpful.

Are you sure that the 2 of them shooting nice bucks on your place didn't tick you off some? You said it yourself, this was your rant, so vent and move on. Life is too short to stay pissed off at other people for some fairly minor stuff.

17-Oct-18
There are reasons these Guys aren't well known. People see through fakes and I don't blame you for being pissed. Glad the land owner who found the rack kept it, I wouldn't have let them hold it if I knew the story, especially if they trespassed. True colors of a persons character always shines and is noticed, they will continue to be who they truely are.

17-Oct-18
Not everyone 'in the industry' and 'wann-a-bees' and 'perceived heroes' are what some think are 'honorable' ! ....... The Almighty Dollar and Alcohol and Greed drive 'some' ..... Be very careful on picking your friends and hunting' buddies' ..... there are many I'd never ever hunt with! ....... just my $.02 cents!

17-Oct-18
This happen 4 years ago and it’s still simmering in you . WoW ! now the issue is no longer them, it’s you. You needed to settle this with them and yourselves years ago. If not with them at least with yourself. The incident is sending you down a wrong path you need to put on the brakes and take control. Four years ago and there in your head big time YET. This is indicative of a need for professional help. Get your life back.

17-Oct-18
Not sure why it`s so hard for folks to see this correctly. 2 guys get invited to hunt a property on the premise the owner/manager? gets a hunt filmed. 1 guy shoots a buck....another gut shoots a buck and then they both bolt and don`t fulfill their end of the bargain.

Then the guy that introduced them to the area finds out his neighbors got 2 free bear hunts and went around him and got permission to hunt adjoining properties. These 2 clowns wouldn`t of even known about the area unless they were invited by the OP to the area.

If you guys can`t see how this is BS....God help you....you must hang with some really crappy people.

17-Oct-18
I agree Franklin. I have invited people to my Elk hunting spot only to find out they have a new camp near mine with different people that they now take to “their” spot. Or they have just showed up at my spot before me. I learned that lesson 30 yrs ago and have been run out of my own spot numerous times. I just chose to do the research, find and develop a new spot instead of staying and having the drama. “Friends” and hunting spots are a tricky subject. Let alone some TV douche sacs. Some People will do anything to shoot to shoot a big animal. It’s their whole purpose in life. What a shame.

17-Oct-18
people choose their attitude and what they allow to gnaw at them. we own that and nobody else. I could spend a month mad at the clerk at the grocery store not smiling and thanking me if I choose to. my choice my decision on what matters to me and what gets me energy and attention.

matt has the right to be very pissed about this if he wants. totally up to him.

17-Oct-18
Ace I thought Jeremy was a decent guy too. Johnny was the puppet master running the show/in charge. All these years I still thought that until I recently heard what had really happened. Again, why I am still angry 4 years later. I was over it... And of course if he guided you he's going to put on his friendly guide face...he was as much apart of this scheme as the other ass hat. I really wish you guys would read what I wrote also..unless you are reading challenged then I apologize. Huntcell I am totally fine but thanks for your concern. Again maybe you have trouble reading. Thanks for the numerous comments from others stating to READ WHAT THE OP WROTE. True its only my side of the story and I'm sure theirs would be complete opposite but trust me I have far better things to do that to post about this and contact all their sponsors. I already got several replies since yesterday from apparent sponsors apologizing for their behavior and said they don't even sponsor them. Scott Sprecher from DSD Decoys said this as well as Patrick Mayer with Kuiu said the same thing and they will be calling those guys...Great analogy bou...clerk not smiling vs this...awesome

17-Oct-18
I still don't see a huge issue, other than your hurt feelings? They are trying to advance their careers by finding the best properties to hunt. Maybe they didn't thank you enough, or came across as rude, but can you blame someone for trying to advance their career? I can understand you not liking them if you feel like they were rude, but to trash them as slimy and shady on a public forum is childish.

17-Oct-18
Live and learn. To each his own. He should of talked with you about the neighbor's and been more gracious imo. Then again we haven't heard the other side the story. Also you need to realize what you got there and who your giving it to. Those NH guys more than likely have never seen a 120 there nevermind a 140. No way id let a couple strangers I met on the net shoot up my place. I guess one needs to loose a good spot to realize how bad it could be.

17-Oct-18
Ok

17-Oct-18
Sorry to hear Matt. VERY shady in my opinion as well. When your dealing with these so called "celeb hunters" this lack of ethics and common decency is faaar more common than you may think... To bad these jag offs ruined another one of the good guys willing to be a team player and help other hunters.

17-Oct-18
Matt My point was not that the grocery clerk and your situations were analogous. The point was that we all choose what we let upset us. You stated "you were infuriated to no end". I believe that is totally your right..............and choice. Not sure what good it does you or how calling people A--hol-s is cathartic, but if works for you go for it.

17-Oct-18
Don't worry, Matt.....I totally get where you're coming from, and I'd be pissed too. Of course I tend to let the little things bother me, a little too much at times. For instance, there was all this buildup to an epic mountain lion hunt on here awhile ago....I was all in. The hunt happened, but thats about all we know. I've been getting better at not losing sleep at night over it, but it still kinda gnaws at me.... especially since the guy still shows up and posts smart ass comments about how other hunters should represent us all. Hang in there, Matt. You're a better person than those clowns who took adavantage of your generosity.

17-Oct-18
I'm not worried at all, I sleep just fine at night and have plenty to be grateful for. I just bought my first house, I have a loving and supportive family, I have a baby on the way, I have a great job and the rut is around the corner. All is well, thank you to the guys that support me. Also I work in heavy construction, it takes a lot to hurt my feelings...I just think there are right and wrong ways to go about achieving goals what ever they may be. And these guys I'm sure as well as other hunting "celebrities", don't always go about the right way. Legal or not, ethical or not...I know what I know and believe and nothing anyone else says will sway me or hurt me.

17-Oct-18
But hey they shot a 140” whitetail! Wow! Big friggin deal. Not a life changing event Worth trading your honor or integrity for.

17-Oct-18
Sorry don’t mean to degrade shooting 140” deer.shooting a 140 Deer is great. What I mean is to make that the highest priority in life is sad.

17-Oct-18
Again what I just said, not even close to life changing lol where do you guys come up with this stuff!?!? I've kept on hunting all these years, shot some slammers, enjoyed the company of GOOD friends at camp. Think of it as my outfitter review for inpursuit365 and Jeremy's guide services.

17-Oct-18
My reading comprehension is just fine Matt, thanks for your concern. You're entitled to be pissed off, that doesn't bother me a bit. But you tell only one side of the story, your side. You also hint indirectly that maybe they had something to do with cutting the straps on your stand, a pretty serious allegation. You say they trespassed looking for a buck but don't say if you know that to be fact, or assume it to be true. Then you say they are lowlives for not looking for the buck. But you just told us they were not allowed to access the land where it went and ultimately died.

The one thing we as readers know for sure is that you were royally pissed off that they left without a "Thank You", OK you have a right to be upset or feel disrespected about that.

Did you ask them if they had a reason for doing that? You say that you don't like to air dirty laundry in public, but you sure are doing a lot of that here in this thread.

Feel the way you want to feel, and think what you want to think, and you might want to consider giving others the respect to do the same.

From where I sit it sounds like you had your feelings hurt about them not being grateful enough about your invitation, And now your feelings got hurt, you're really pissed off that they got permission to hunt a neighboring property.

17-Oct-18
Sorry altitude sick I'm not sure if that was a shot at me or them..

17-Oct-18
That sucks Matt. Totally a scumbag move. For those that don't get it, would you do this to someone who helped you out, gave you a place to hunt and put you up? If you would it makes sense that you don't see the problem.

17-Oct-18
Franklin nailed it. I can’t explain it much better than that. These guys were opportunists - to just up and leave after gut shooting a buck and not even telling Matt or thanking him - classless. These are same guys that come to NJ on their annual “freezer filler “ tour every year and load up on meat. Not law breakers - getting permission to hunt land next to Matt (competing for same mature bucks) was also about as classless as you can get. Just seeing pic of that ass clown holding the rack of the gut shot buck - as if it was something he accomplished reveals all we need to know of their character. He failed to put a lethal hit on a nice buck and it suffered and died off the property - and he wants the rack? For what purpose? Actually suggesting the landowner has no class for not giving him “his rack”? At least when I come out to hunt with Matt I buy him dinner every night and thank him before I #### him :). Hell I even hung my new best stand for him he shot his best buck out of. Opportunists abound everywhere - that’s what most “wanna be’s” are.

17-Oct-18
To the ones who think that these guys are a class act, remember that all people don't show the same face to everyone that they meet. It depends on what they want from you. This holds true throughout life, not just hunting. Evidently, they had gotten all they wanted from Matt, and were looking at greener pastures, right over Matt's fence. Now, that would piss me off too.

I hunted with an outfitter once who was a bald faced liar and a crook. Several of the big name TV hunters have hunted with him also. I'm pretty damn sure that the face he showed them was not the one he showed me. I don't know Matt, but from what I read he has a right to be pissed.

17-Oct-18
I was raised to treat people like you would want to be treated. Apparently that is not very common anymore. If somebody treated me the way these guys treated Matt, I'd be upset too!

If you don't see what is wrong with this, then I'm glad you are not one of my hunting buddies. After reading some of these threads lately, I'm developing more of an appreciation for mine! ;-)

17-Oct-18
Agree with Franklin's post above. All-around weasel moves to a genuinely solid guy.

-Not a fan of airing out dirty laundry on public forums, Facebook, etc. though, either. My thought is what good comes from it? Sure, venting feels nice for a moment, but gets you nowhere. -Move on with life and keep treating people positively. I'm a firm believer in karma, just deserts, "what goes around, comes around", etc... Good things happen to good people and likewise, bad things happen to people who act poorly.

17-Oct-18
"I went to the spot where the shot took place and I saw where the deer ran. I know whose property it is and that he, according to other locals I had met, likely wouldn't let someone look for a downed deer on his land. They tracked it a ways then backed out. The next morning all I know is they had pulled 3 or 4 double treestand sets and were on the road by 11am and had apparently made the bear hunt deal as well...If you can't see how this is shady then you need your head examined. "

I guess I need my head examined? I understand that they may have been less than polite, some people are dicks that way, but what was the shady part? Are you inferring that there was something wrong with how they followed the deer? How far in to the neighboring property do you know they went?

As for them making a deal with a neighbor for permission to hunt, what is wrong with that? Aren't we all constantly seeking new places to hunt? Were you guys best friends, and they dumped you for someone else?

17-Oct-18
OK Matt, we get it, your straps were cut, and they didn't do that, but you mentioned it several times anyway. And you don't like to air dirty laundry in public, but you did it anyway. And your feelings were hurt and 4 years later you're still not over it. We get it.

What you do not seem to get is that just because you say someone is a lowlife or a scumbag or an asshole, everyone else doesn't have to agree with you. Some of us have had other interactions with these people. And some people hear your story and think that you're overreacting, or that maybe, just maybe there is another side to the story.

Everyone is entitled to draw their own conclusions; about You, about Jeremy and about Johnny.

17-Oct-18
Ace - when you really feel you been used, taken advantage of, effed over (especially over deer), it's quite upsetting. Nobody accusing the dynamic duo of breaking laws or maliciously tampering with stands - just opportunistic ingrates that would sell their soul at a chance at a good buck or two. They exist everywhere - I am sure you know the type - if you live long enough, and/or hunt long enough - you run into them.

17-Oct-18
"I hunted with an outfitter once who was a bald faced liar and a crook. Several of the big name TV hunters have hunted with him also. I'm pretty damn sure that the face he showed them was not the one he showed me."

Yes, I have experienced that myself. Others experienced it as well, but do not want to post their experiences on BS because of all the blowback they know they will receive. This is only one side of the story as others said, but hopefully it will help someone else from getting used. Good luck on your family, work and hunting!

17-Oct-18
Matt-

I would likewise be pissed at their actions, but I believe I would be more upset at myself for the lack of discernment when inviting guys that have ambitions of being the next Bill Jordan onto my property to hunt. A quick connection of dots would have got me to thinking that once they were here, my personal best hunting spot is not going to be so personal after they visit.

I agree with others that you have shaded yourself a bit with this thread.......

I'll still read your stories! Good luck with killing another toad this year!

Steve

18-Oct-18
Thanks for your opinion Keke...I really don't care what you or others think of me thus this post..The people that know me and matter the most, know who I am, how generous I am, how willing to help others I am and how grateful I am for what I have in general. I was naive in thinking how classless guys like Johnny Parker Brown and Jeremy Scott Ballantine would sneak around and pull a stunt like they did. And as someone else posted I know lots of others probably have similar stories but fear posting cause of the blow back...not me. It's hard to post just about anything anymore without 7 other guys jumping down his throat...its disgusting. Think what you want. At the end of the day this is a bowhunting website. I will continue to post hunting related pics and stories and most likely they will be positive.

18-Oct-18
Matt-

I believe everything you said after you said you don't care what people think.....

FWIW, Im not judging. I truly wish you the best!

18-Oct-18
Thanks you too

18-Oct-18
Most TV or youtube stars are nothing but whores, they will "F" anyone for a buck.

18-Oct-18
nothing new here really. unfortunately there are a few people out there f it up for the rest of us. I have met a ton of these guys in the last 30 years. Some will practically brag about their lack of ethics to you.....but the sneaky ones are the worst.

• Sitka Gear