Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Bowriter 17-Oct-18
Genesis 17-Oct-18
Bowriter 17-Oct-18
17-Oct-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Since Sunday, I reckon it has rained about a foot, here. Last night, started clearing and temp dropped into the upper 30's. Yesterday, I put up one hanging stand and one ladder stand on some new ground. Counted 17-fresh rubs, white oaks dropping everywhere.

In a couple hours, I shall be in the hanging stand. One of the great loves of my life is hunting a new place for the first time. At my age, there is not a lot of expectation and excitement left. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, last night. Even my old wife was grinning at me. And this morning, just to insure I miss a great photo op, I am not taking my big camera. This morning, I am actually going to be seriously hunting. I need two more does to fill the freezer. Hope I can find the dang stand.

17-Oct-18
Is this hunt “cardiologist approved” ?

17-Oct-18
It is and will replace a stress test. 8:31 took the shot. 8:55 had her at the truck. I think I was in as bad shape as she was. Beautiful morning, 44 with bright sun and clear skies and about 8:10, they started moving. Saw six, before I shot-two does, two small bucks, one medium 8 and one I never got a clear look at but the biggest of the four bucks by far.

Tomorrow-another new stand. I-B-Happy boy.

• Sitka Gear