Russell 18-Oct-18
Bullshooter 19-Oct-18
Andrew M@Work 19-Oct-18
N8tureBoy 19-Oct-18
Franklin 19-Oct-18
SixLomaz 19-Oct-18
Bowriter 19-Oct-18
17-Oct-18
What brands of doe in heat do you trust to actually be, doe in heat? How can you tell?

17-Oct-18
Only use my own-few years back, I was always in heat. Seriously, after 20+ years of using nothing but my own urine, found it works as well as any I can buy. I'm serious.

17-Oct-18
I'm experimenting with my own and a store bought. So far, both are producing results. That being said, I'll use the code blue for my scent drag toward my stand--wouldn't dare piss on that!

17-Oct-18
Evercalm, my own pee, and Nose Jammer.

17-Oct-18
I stopped wasting money on scents. Never had 1 positive reaction in all my years. I will piss in a scrape though

17-Oct-18
I pee in scrapes, pee out of my stand. I put a camera on a scrape that I had peed in, that night I had 2 bucks and a fox checking the scrape. The biggest buck I had ever a chance at came by my stand 30 minutes after I peed out of it. Not saying that it brought him in, but it sure did not spook him. BTW I had a "chance" at him, I never got a shot........that is a story for another thread.

17-Oct-18
I've dumped more money than a man should on most every brand. Gave up on the stuff about 10 years ago. Been shooting mature deer without it and never looked back.

17-Oct-18
I like Evercalm but I do a lot of drag rags, scrapes and even misting. Scrapes my own pee, drag rags Pete Rickards Super Doe and misting, Tinks in aerosol can!! I have killed my best bucks following drag rags. I also try and collect fresh from the deer I kill. I live 25 miles from Rickards so I have been using his stuff since 1989. Shawn

17-Oct-18
I hope you get good advice, me on this thread, I found out your dealing with a tough crowd, and many who do not trap.... I use my own trapping lures, for scent posting

17-Oct-18
Also a fan of evercalm the company also makes vs1 which is there estrous scent I've had decent luck with it. Watched a spike lick the vs1 of a tree a applied it to a hour before. But Golden estrous is my go to it seems to consistently out perform other brands I've tried.

17-Oct-18
Tink’s #69. Have seen positive results

17-Oct-18
Visit your local deer processor and have him cut you off some hocks off a rutting buck. Use them as a drag or hang them near your stand.

17-Oct-18
I like the brown ones with their tails at half mast looking over their shoulder......

17-Oct-18
I’ve tried many of the doe in heat scents. The results have been poor and really a waste of money. One time years ago, I had a small buck sniff a 35 mm film canister that I had a cotton ball in that was saturated with thinks 69. I can’t say he was attracted to it, but he took a sniff. I don’t use them any more, but sometimes I use ever calm.

17-Oct-18
anyone ever try Scrapejuice?

18-Oct-18
I never had any success with doe in heat urine. But you could try some smaller deer farm guys that are around, not sure what state you`re in. I have cut off really worked up tarsals off of bucks guys have killed or on roadkill. Pour piss over these in a scrape and you have something, they even make good cover scent. Rub the waxy mess on your pants or coat.

18-Oct-18
a lot of scents do not work, because the hunter has no idea, on how to really use scents or any type of lures. I suggest take a trapping class.... some say they saturated a cotton ball in a canister,,,,, never saturate any scent, you do not need very much and you can put out too much odor, and make it unnatural.......

John Collins was precise with his instructions on how to use James Valley scents, and he went to great lengths to print out those instructions, I am sure many never read them,,,, he was a very good trapper,,,,,,,

me I will never piss in a scrape or in my area, and carry a pee bottle. however I am hunting areas, with very little human contact with deer...... I am sure at times it does not hurt, but for me, nope

I am using ever calm this year for the first time,,,,,,

18-Oct-18
I normally use James Valley Scents.

19-Oct-18
I read where you should not pee in a scrape if you are on any medication, as it will alter the scent of the pee.

Anyone know if you can use last year's Evercalm?

19-Oct-18
OK so maybe I'm the only one but I cant count the bucks ive killed coming to the Tinks. And not just immature bucks either. And yet oddly enough I have never had 1 positive response to rattling

19-Oct-18
Hold on just a minute. That picture of "Frank's deer urine" up above looks pretty suspicious..... I see 2 guys in the background holding their crotches like they have been drinking all day in order to fill bottles and now they desperately have to pee again, but were to hold it until after the new group photo was taken for the ad.... Are you sure thats deer urine in those bottles???

19-Oct-18
Don`t worry....I would say 75% of hunters that see a buck after rattling say "they rattled him in"....when in fact it had nothing to do with seeing the buck. Go in the woods and have your buddy rattle....if your 300 yrds away you can`t even hear it.

The same thing can be said for scents. I have had deer stand right next to scent canisters and never take a sniff. Then have a hot doe come through and there is 5 bucks chasing her. Nothing compares to the real thing.

19-Oct-18
None. You do not need that kind of stuff to get a deer.

19-Oct-18
There is a new brand out that is getting a lot of raves. Gilmore's Pee-in-a-jar. It is about $3.99 for two gallons and is 100% pure. Google Gilmore-Happy.

• Sitka Gear