Zbone 18-Oct-18
TrapperKayak 18-Oct-18
sitO 18-Oct-18
rallison 18-Oct-18
drycreek 18-Oct-18
EmbryOklahoma 18-Oct-18
TrapperKayak 18-Oct-18
18-Oct-18
They just wanted to see one of the deer get injured or exhausted so they could use their guns and put it down. Why was the camera going up and down during the fight?

18-Oct-18
Thanks for sharing JTV... I assume this is recent video?

Franklin - Yeah, looked like those bucks were locked...

One year while working midnight shift we had a buck fight across from our building which was 3 blocks from Hudson town square, although they were not locked... But it was neat anyhow...

18-Oct-18
Franklin, yeah that's it.... Really? That comment was necessary? No one here cares about leftist viewpoints.

18-Oct-18
Here ya go

18-Oct-18
In 50 years of bowhunting I've seen a lot of sparring matches, some pretty serious throw downs...albeit of short duration, but only one serious knock down drag out pier 6 brawl.

THAT was amazing! Both combatants were dandies, of equal size and strength. They were on a neighboring property in a huge tract of Wisconsin bluff country. I watched the spectacle from my stand about 75 yards away...the leaves were down so the sightline was pretty much unobstructed.

They locked up with a little over an hour of daylight remaining, and were still going at it when I finally snuck out a little after dark. I had a doe with twins right by me who also stuck around...lol.

The next day I walked over to check out the scene (neighbor's a good guy...he was cool with it...I've got plenty to hunt on so I let him have his), and it looked like a herd of turkeys went on an acorn easter egg hunt. An area about half a football field size was ripped to shreads. Hair, blood, amazing sight. I was glad I didn't find em locked up, or one of em dead!

I'll never forget that...incredible.

18-Oct-18
I've never seen the actual knock down/drag out, but I have seen a good fight or two. Once though, I came upon a spot where an epic battle had taken place. Pine saplings 6/8 feet tall were flattened and a 50/75 foot area was torn up so bad it looked like hogs had rooted it up. You could see antler gouges, many, many foot prints deep in the earth, and even prints of bodies. It was a sight to remember. I only wish I could have witnessed it.

18-Oct-18
Drycreek... I have a similar story such as yours and have also seen a few slight battles. Nothing with two studs going at it... but, last November I shot a doe in the evening (two dumb things looking back). As I was blood trailing in the dark with headlamps and a spotlight, I heard a commotion and deer rustling the leaves, probably 50-75 yards away. I then shut off my lights and I was rewarded with the most unbelievable sounds of two bucks fighting. They were grunting, bellowing and clashing their antlers for at least 10 minutes! I was sitting there, in the dark, in a big red oak bottom, with my mouth agape. The entire time, wishing I could see them. It was one of the most unbelievable moments I can remember and I didn't even see it with my eyes. I did go back the next day and the ground was tore up! One thing I do know... they weren't little bucks. :)

18-Oct-18
I found a dead bull elk outside of Rancheste Wyo once. Big 6 by with a well place dagger point hole behind his right elbow, tine got his heart and killed him. And a whole lot of dirt kicked up all around from the fight. Found another spot like you describedabove all kicked up from two blacktails fighting up Buck Creek out of White Salmon, WA. Fresh that morning. Would have liked to witness that.

• Sitka Gear