Contributors to this thread:
Candor 20-Oct-18
CWeeks 20-Oct-18
Candor 20-Oct-18
White Falcon 20-Oct-18
Candor 20-Oct-18
Candor 20-Oct-18
20-Oct-18
Has anyone replaced the little electric motor on the moultrie ATV seed spreader? I am looking for a non-moultrie part that will work on the spreader. Moultrie wants $40 for the little motor. I have a habit of not washing mine down well and oiling the shaft after putting fertilizer down.... Then it rusts out and I have to replace it. It is a $10 motor that I am growing weary of paying $40. I know I should remember to wash it down and oil it ....

Thank you.

20-Oct-18
I paid the $40+, better than buying a whole new spreader every three years.

20-Oct-18
I paid the $40 but my last one only lasted a year. So I was going to buy a few of the motors to have some spares. We run a few of these and agree it is a hassle when you don't have a spare on hand when they go bad.

20-Oct-18
I have a good used 12v motor from a Boss Buck feeder, like new. I would take $15.00 for it plus shipping. Might not be worth the cost and shipping cost, about ($7.00).

20-Oct-18
I paid the $40 but my last one only lasted a year. So I was going to buy a few of the motors to have some spares. We run a few of these and agree it is a hassle when you don't have a spare on hand when they go bad.

20-Oct-18
sorry about the multiple posts.

Falcon - thank you for the offer. I am really looking for a place/motor that I can buy 3 of for a couple spares to have on hand.

• Sitka Gear