Big-Al 24-Oct-18
Randy 29-Oct-18
W8N4RUT 29-Oct-18
APauls 30-Oct-18
SBH 04-Nov-18
DEMO-Bowhunter 04-Nov-18
Lovehunt11 06-Nov-18
20-Oct-18
Really great mule deer with a stick bow vid by South...

20-Oct-18
Good stuff

20-Oct-18
Outstanding video... and it's free. Got my blood pumping as I am in line to draw good muley tags in Utah and Colorado. Ed F

20-Oct-18
Fantastic Production! Well-earned Trophy.

20-Oct-18
Excellent! That Sitka SubAlpine is the best!

20-Oct-18
Very cool. But some one please explain... I’m a believer in Taking off your boots for the final stalk, but pants too? WTF South?

20-Oct-18
That's a good one for sure.

Wap

20-Oct-18
That's not the first deer he's killed in his underwear. I saw it on another video.... the guy put on tight chick leggings for the final stalk to keep his pants from making noise. Must be a new thing... Ed F

20-Oct-18
Wool works. Better than the synthetic stuff.

20-Oct-18
great job south thanks for sharing one awesome video.

20-Oct-18
That video illustrates some of the best tactics for hunting mule deer above treeline. Aspiring high country muley hunters pay attention! You might learn a thing or three;-)

20-Oct-18
What’s next? Lululemon comes out with a camo line?

21-Oct-18
I like that guys style! I enjoy doing most things in my underwear! Ha. In all seriousness what an awesome hunt. Great job South.

21-Oct-18
Great high quality video, thanks for sharing. It’s amazing what you think is quiet until you sneak up on a bedded muley. Then you learn every chink in your system. This year I learned the new Sitka Bino holder is WAY too loud. One little scuff against it and your close stalk is done. I love my Sitka apex, and all other models of their pants and Kuiu’s pants, but on the final stalk they are too noisy. Unless it’s real windy. Kuiu’s bino holder is too loud for bedded animals too. And forget about anything made from cordura. :))) for most hunts the synthetic material is better. But for an animal doing nothing but rotating it’s ears it’s a no go.

21-Oct-18
Altitude sick, what material have you found to be the best for stocking Muleys? I’ll be doing a hunt very similar to this next year in 2019. I was thinking about going with First Lite hoping maybe the merino would be a quieter option?

21-Oct-18
Lite Wool, fleece. Or as South does no pants early season. Many people in Africa hunt with shorts. It’s kind of foreign looking here but if it’s warm. Shorts are a good option. Cats paws, or bears feet or anything similar also it beats leaving the little piggy’s exposed to rocks and cacti ??

21-Oct-18
Unfortunately, the new First lite pants have a strip of nylon in the butt and upper thigh. They make more noise now than the older model.

I used to wear King of the Mountain pants and shirts for about all my hunting above treeline but it’s really expensive. Have worn out a couple pairs over the years. Heck, militarily surplus grey wool pants work as well and are good camo in the rocks.

I was actually just looking at LL Bean and they have some decent options for reasonable prices.

Solid grey or light brown works much better above treeline than dark camo patterns.

That Sitka stuff has a decent pattern in the rocks and willows up there, but it is all too noisy for close range stalking.

I really like some of the gillie suits with quiet material for hunting mule deer above treeline. Some of them have nylon material and are pretty noisy. Your best bet is to stay out of sight until you are in range.

21-Oct-18
Sportsman guide has a lot of new military wool that is grey or light green. It doesn’t have the best fit But it’s cheap and quiet.

21-Oct-18
Excellent!

21-Oct-18
Great thanks for posting!

22-Oct-18
I kinda miss those days of packing Deep into the No Where land of the Rocky Mnt's High Country with my Llama packstring.

Thanks for the link Midwest.

Good luck, Robb

22-Oct-18
Excellent video...beautiful area and bucks! Man-o-man, South knows how to get it done on those stud bucks! Kevin

22-Oct-18
Awesome!!!

Nicely done South!!

Mark

23-Oct-18
Really enjoyed that. Very well done

23-Oct-18
Top notch

23-Oct-18
Some of us have the pleasure of knowing South and the quality of bows he makes here in Colorado. Nicely done. my best, Paul

23-Oct-18
He had such a great season; a stud buck in NV that was followed up by this CO buck. He topped it off with a P&Y CO bull at just 10 yards. What a season for a well-deserved bowhunter!

23-Oct-18
He was hunting with good ol' Larry D. Jones in NV.

23-Oct-18
Can always learn something new, As mentioned, like taking your pants off for the final stalk! A marketing idea - sell a skin tight stalker outfit with each stalker bow so we don't have to see the white legs!

23-Oct-18
South's the man, he also makes OUTSTANDING trad bows if anyone is interested!

24-Oct-18
Known him for a while, good guy! He honed those back country skills in the wildernesses of Northern CA where he lived for many years chasing Columbian Blacktails and building bows.........just recently relocated to CO. I like his innovative ideas and ability to think outside the box......like his dedication even more!

24-Oct-18
Watched this video last night and enjoyed it immensely! Nothing I love more than watching someone chase muley bucks with stick and string. Someday I'm going to get one with trad gear, I just need to put my compound down! Ha! Congrats South!

24-Oct-18
Awesome job, South!

24-Oct-18
Awesome video. Thanks for posting it!

24-Oct-18
Looks like he lives less than an hour away in Estes now. I'm going to be stopping by his shop for sure!

29-Oct-18
Great video. Thank you for taking the time to share the adventure with all of us.

29-Oct-18
That was great!

Scott

30-Oct-18
What an awesome video! Seems like such a regular guy doing a great job articulating what we all love so much. I was wondering what happened after that coyote blown stalk because he came back with one less arrow in his quiver ;) Then he said later he blew a shot. He sure didn't blow the last one! Outstanding hunt and production.

04-Nov-18
Great video. Thanks for the post

04-Nov-18
Great video!

06-Nov-18
Great video to learn

• Sitka Gear