DL 23-Oct-18
Zbone 24-Oct-18
BULELK1 24-Oct-18
BUCKeye 24-Oct-18
BUCKeye 24-Oct-18
22-Oct-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
......Because someone seems to be reveling in running the sheep topic off the rails I thought I would post a neat pic I took of a pair of bighorn ewes a couple weeks ago. These ewes are part of the Hell Canyon herd here in South Dakota. They are transplants or descendants of transplants from the Rocky Boy Indian Reservation in Montana placed on our public lands through a combination of funds raised by our fish and game department and the Midwest Chapter of the Wild Sheep Foundation. The herd has been doing quite well and seems to increase in number each year. Maybe someday Half Pint will be able to draw a tag to hunt a ram descended from one of these pretty ladies. Please support putting more sheep on the mountain!

22-Oct-18
Is that a cell pic or something with good zoom? It’s a nice picture.

22-Oct-18
Conservation at its finest!!

Mark

22-Oct-18
Great pic! WSF is THE conservation organization...And thanks for bringing back an actual Sheep thread. :)

22-Oct-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Link, just a cell phone pic. These sheep are not exactly hard to get close to. I really wish I had a better camera with me on that day as the snow and gray sky made for an awesome backdrop. A better camera and I could have had some framers for sure! Here's another with a few more ewes and lambs. No rams were with this band of sheep.

22-Oct-18
Neat photo! WSF and the local affiliates are great conservation organizations! And their banquets are the best in my opinion!

22-Oct-18
Thank you. Good to see substance about Bighorn Sheep and conservation rather than just BS...

22-Oct-18
Nice pictures! As member of WSF it makes me proud to see sheep being put back where they belong. And having sheep threads about sheep is good too!

22-Oct-18
I'll comment on this...

That other guy needs to be on the community forum. Getting TBM old around here.

Nice pic, Justin!

22-Oct-18
Nice Brotsky!

You may want to look into one of those things that you can put your phone into and connect to a spotter. Bet you could get some really cool shots out there!

Great work by WSF keeping sheep out there for us to all enjoy!

22-Oct-18
Wow you must be hand feeding them Brosky.

22-Oct-18
Cool pic. I'm glad to see the sheep forum actually having something to do with sheep.

22-Oct-18
I'm not so sure I couldn't hand feed them! My better half Nichole tried to get selfie with a few of the rams one time. They took a keen interest in her and about followed her back all the way back to the car! LOL!

22-Oct-18
HAHAHAHA Awesome Justin!

Great photos!

22-Oct-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Always a nice expierence to to see sheep. This group is in Ca up near the Oregon border. The initial transplanting of sheep years ago were thought to of all died of pneumonia. Looks like a few survived. Where they are feeding leaves them open for cats and wolves. Hope they prosper and make lots of babies.

22-Oct-18

ben yehuda 's embedded Photo
ben yehuda 's embedded Photo
Here’s a pic I took a couple months back of a few hanging out road side.

23-Oct-18
DL - That's way cool... If they've been exposed to domestic sheep diseases and survived, F&G oughta catch a few to develop a vaccine for future wild sheep transplants...

23-Oct-18
Here's the 2nd of 2 rams we ran into in ND last year. Came up over a ridge and he was at 20 yards. Think you'll ever draw the tag, kota?

23-Oct-18
I'm grateful every time I see a sheep in the wild. Those are some great pics.

23-Oct-18
I wish Midwest!

23-Oct-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Forgot the pic!

23-Oct-18
Sheep and Goats are such unique animals. It’s hard to explain why. Maybe it’s just where they live. It’s always exciting to see either. Very nice pictures.

23-Oct-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
They are starting to get a little agitated. Ewes starting to smell good already and its just late Oct. Looks good from behind, but all things do! Would you shoot without another view of him?

23-Oct-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
One from a couple years ago. Didn't get him, but got his big brother. This one most likely died of old age.

23-Oct-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Remember those all nighters?

23-Oct-18
I was so relieved to see who started this thread. Knew it would be one worth reading through and it would actually involve the right sheep! Thanks Brotsky!!

23-Oct-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I wish I had the time to get a picture of the Ram I saw on my hunt last December. He was an old broken off ram that was black. Not dark grey, Black! Even with a spotting scope in the shade all you could clearly see was his horns. I really like unique animals and this guy was all that. The problem was he was so badly broken off that it was questionable if he was even legal. Here’s another California group from the80s that are wild looking desert sheep.

24-Oct-18
DL - So we assume the photo is of domestic sheep? The white sheep gives it away, but those grey/brown sure do look like desert Bighorns... What breed of domestic sheep?

24-Oct-18
Love looking at sheep!

Kool pix fella's

Good luck, Robb

24-Oct-18

BUCKeye's embedded Photo
Colorado Ram
BUCKeye's embedded Photo
Colorado Ram

24-Oct-18

BUCKeye's embedded Photo
BUCKeye's embedded Photo