T Mac 23-Oct-18
planebow 23-Oct-18
WapitiBob 23-Oct-18
Aces11 23-Oct-18
spike78 23-Oct-18
MT in MO 23-Oct-18
Tracker 23-Oct-18
22-Oct-18
I bought a Moultrie SD card reader last year and it didn’t last very long. However, when I called customer service they were very helpful and sent me a new reader right away. Well, here I am not even halfway through the season and the “new” reader has stopped working. I will be on the phone again with Moultrie tomorrow but I was just wondering what you guys use to read your SD cards. I love their trail cams but this thing is definitely flawed. I have an iPhone 6s. Those readers, when working, are a neat little tool to have. I’m asking specifically about card to phone readers. Thanks guys

22-Oct-18
I carry a laptop

22-Oct-18

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
I have been using the iPhone card reader for 2 months and so far it’s been great and simple to use. I am pleased with it and checked card tonight and was pleased to find this guy on it.

22-Oct-18
Nice buck T. Who makes that particular reader and where did u purchase it?

22-Oct-18
I use a stealth cam one I bought on camofire. Works great with my iPhone and was cheap.

22-Oct-18
I’ve had an Apple IPad reader since the first version of IPads! (Whenever that was). It is now a dedicated trail camera IPad. ;)

22-Oct-18
There is a new one out that has a dual connector; works for both iPhone and android. Partner uses it and it works fine on iPhone. Plug it in and delete, copy, etc in seconds.

22-Oct-18

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
I bought it at Best Buy not sure of brand

22-Oct-18
Bought a Boneview and it seems to do the job

22-Oct-18
Look for last year/discontinued tablets at your phone store. I'm an Android guy and found a closeout LG tablet for a dollar. Works great, excellent resolution.

22-Oct-18
I have same one T Mac posted. Works perfect on ipad but won’t download to iPhone 8 Plus

23-Oct-18
I bought a cheapie and it burnt out after a few uses. Bought the SD card reader direct from apple and it's been going strong for a couple years now. Biggest problem is not misplacing those things.

23-Oct-18
I use the same one as T Mac (Apple, Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader). It works great on my iPad mini. Haven't ever tried it on an iPhone.

23-Oct-18
I had bad luck with the I-phone reader. It didn't last long at all before I got the "device not supported" message I just bought a stealthcam reader and so far I like it. I sure wish the phone reader would have worked out.

23-Oct-18
I use the same one as T Mac. Works great.

23-Oct-18

Cheetah8799's embedded Photo
Cheetah8799's embedded Photo
I own a Google Pixel 2. This works for me:

USB-C to USB adapter that came with the Pixel 2 Anker AR200 USB 3.0 SD and Micro-SD card reader SD cards of any type in the reader

Plug them all together, insert into Pixel 2, and the Android OS detects it like a USB drive and I can browse the photos and copy/delete on the fly before re-inserting the card back into the cam.

This also works with a regular USB stick drive using the same adapter for other types of files like movies and such.

23-Oct-18
Does the one TMac show support loading videos?

23-Oct-18
I use an Apple card reader bought from Best Buy. I have an iPhone 6s. Works great in iPad too. Did not work in my former iPhone 5.

Friend of mine got a knock off one from amazon. Didn’t work at all. Card wouldn’t even insert all the way. $30-$40 I spent.

23-Oct-18
Google - lightning to sd card reader It says it downloads videos.....reviews are not great but for simple picture downloads it’s been great

23-Oct-18
I have a Vivitar card reader that plugs into my android phone. It reads both sd and micro sd cards. I bought it at Staples

23-Oct-18
You could always use "media streamer" from Dane electric. It will work with anything because it creates it's own wifi.

23-Oct-18
I have the same one as T-Mac from Best Buy, not sure of the brand either. Had it for a couple years and works great. Twice I have left it in my pants pocket and ran it through the was machine and still works.

23-Oct-18
My Moultrie reader has lasted a few years so far and sometimes it doesn’t turn on I’m guessing loose battery connections. Keep trying it and it might work.

23-Oct-18
I bought one a couple of years ago off Amazon for around $10 that is still working fine. Don't know the make or manufacturer. Pretty sure it is from China...8^)

Android phone...

23-Oct-18
I bought a car reader fro the Apple store for my iPhone and it has worked flawlessly for 3 years. In sure there are cheap copies but I spend to much money on gear to be cheap and have problems.

• Sitka Gear