Ambush 14-Nov-18
yooper89 14-Nov-18
Ucsdryder 14-Nov-18
Jaquomo 14-Nov-18
Fauntleroy 14-Nov-18
NorCalVineyards 14-Nov-18
nijimasu 14-Nov-18
23-Oct-18
Anyone know where I can get one? Their website seems to be sold out.

23-Oct-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
I just made this one, thanks to Jaquomo and Deertick. Hoping to use it on both deer and elk

All you need is some craft foam (it's cheap), a baseball cap, and a glue gun. I ordered the eyes through a Taxidermy supply place.

23-Oct-18
Also take a look at the shoot thru mule deer doe decoy from ultimate predator.

23-Oct-18
Buy on of the blem antelope ones they have for $19 and paint in to look like a deer

24-Oct-18
The ears don't look right on the antelope, the elk would be better if I was going to paint one...

The one above looks like a combination of a mouse and halloween horror movie mask. Yes, I think it will work just fine and good job. Thinking of whether or not any of my kids have any art projects on the horizon.

24-Oct-18
Mule deer have big ears, maybe it will work but I like to think I could do a little better.

24-Oct-18
Maybe mule deer are little like humans most humans have small ears but some have big ears. If you don't remember Obama ears he looks like dumbo the elephant.

24-Oct-18
You have a way of really breaking it down so even a simple guy like me can understand, lol.

24-Oct-18
"The one above looks like a combination of a mouse and halloween horror movie mask".

I'm wearing it to a masquerade party next week...with a white button up shirt, and a tie, lol !

24-Oct-18
"The one above looks like a combination of a mouse and halloween horror movie mask".

Well, I won't be sharing pictures of mine!

24-Oct-18
"The one above looks like a combination of a mouse and halloween horror mask"

Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are....You nailed it NorCal I thought the same thing "damn that's a big ass mouse" For the record mine would look worse.

24-Oct-18
You can have my be the decoy hat, you just have to find it. It's in a canyon somewhere in western SD. I wasn't packing that POS one more step after it failed me yet again! Ha!

24-Oct-18
Thanks to Jacquomo, I built one similar to elkmtngear. (Not quite as haunting IMHO!) But it won't win any beauty contests either. I spray painted brown for a recent elk hunt. Now I need to paint it gray again for MD. If a deer is questioning how "good" it looks, it is close enough to receive an arrow.

24-Oct-18

Looks more effective, if you tip the "brim" down over your face. I can still see out the nose hole, lol !

24-Oct-18
Tunnel vision much ? LMAO !

24-Oct-18
just don't wear it to town and you will be ok

24-Oct-18
so at what point do you take it off and draw and shoot the bow????????????? Or do you just tilt it back on your head???????????????

24-Oct-18
It's like wearing crocs...just can't

24-Oct-18
"Or do you just tilt it back on your head"?

Paul, if I wear it on top of my head "normally", I can shoot with it on, easily. I just tilt it back, and let 'er rip

It's basically just an oversized ball cap.

24-Oct-18

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
I just cock mine to the side a tad and it doesnt interfere with my draw.

24-Oct-18
The only downside to wearing it is the learning curve. If you show it at the wrong time the does run in ahead of the buck and pin you down.

24-Oct-18
Lou, I see you were in your ex man cave! I see the exit sign but what is that other "sign" on the wall? Talk about the fox in the chicken coop!

24-Oct-18
Ha! That was a test of detail recognition! Yes, she is right behind me out here in deer camp.. Good eye!

25-Oct-18
That was a good save from the camper for sure, Lou! Hopefully she brings you luck!

25-Oct-18
I need to question the fellar that saw the EXIT sign........I had to go back and look 32 times before I found it

25-Oct-18
I ordered a bunch of elementary school art project supplies last summer but never got time to make one, This winter ill get it done. Ill make some sheep ones for bowsite Christmas gifts

14-Nov-18
En route to eastern plains hunting in the am

14-Nov-18
Lou's going all gangsta on us

14-Nov-18
Tony, bucks are hanging with does in the afternoon and following around a "special" gal in the mornings, but I havent seen any breeding or chasing yet. Bucks are still doing the circle dance with each other. Morning before last I called/deked 6 bucks in, yesterday morning called 8 in. Unfortunately couldnt get either one of the big guys into recurve range. This morning they all went the other direction.

Right now I'm glassing about fifty deer in a winter wheat field at 4 pm and the mature bucks are acting like just one of the gang. One is laying down, chewing. They are sniffing everybody but none of my does are in estrus.

You're hitting it at the perfect time to intercept a big buck. Good luck!

14-Nov-18
Lou, any pics of the action? Are you wearing your hat?

14-Nov-18
In the mornings I'm decoying with two Montana gals, while hiding behind fallen log-tree blinds. In the evenings I'm trying stalks out in the yucca hills, wearing the hat. Havent been able to pull off a recurve-range shot yet on a buck I want. Of course I get little guys in to 10-15 yards.

I'm taking the season off from photographing, since I have so many photos of muleys from out here over the years. Its kind of nice to just hunt, for myself.

14-Nov-18
Have fun and stay on them!

14-Nov-18
Lou that’s a great set in the back there fella!

14-Nov-18
If you guys were going on rat hunts I think you’d be onto something! Maybe they look like deer from far away. Lol!

14-Nov-18
Dunno, but mine apparently looks interesting to them from 5 yards away, cause I've sucked dozens, maybe hundreds of muleys in with it over the past 20 years. I just wanted my wife to make some ears for glassing on the plains when I'm skylined. She came ip with that. Except the first time I used it, three P&Y-class bucks saw it and trotted in on top of me.

Now I have to be careful when I use it because does will run in and pin me down. Like yesterday, when the closest ones were at 5 yards (paced off after they finally left).

Now Jeff's elk hat, OTOH, looks sort of spooky! ;-)

14-Nov-18

Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
The wife made ours based off Jaq's template. Seems to work... She was able to sneak in on this deadhead without any problems wearing it.

14-Nov-18
Just got to the hotel and unloaded my gear and packed my hunting pack. Enjoyed reading these comments especially from Lou just now. I'll work on getting some pics of the deer we turn up, hopefully one in the dirt. Until tomorrow....

14-Nov-18

nijimasu's embedded Photo
nijimasu's embedded Photo
I love the hats just because of how cool they are. I made this pronghorn version with some advise from Jaquomo

• Sitka Gear