lewis 24-Oct-18
Inshart 24-Oct-18
drew 24-Oct-18
Fuzz 24-Oct-18
GLP 24-Oct-18
lewis 24-Oct-18
snyper 25-Oct-18
24-Oct-18
I see there are several of these on the market.Some for ozoning water would one of these work in a small area to take odor from hunting clothes.If anyone has tried one I would like to hear your thoughts and what model did you try.Thanks Lewis

24-Oct-18
Purchased a used vehicle that has a smoke smell. Tried different items to get rid of the smell, sprays, powders, changed cabin filter, etc... Finally purchased one of the small ozone machines (can't remember the brand) for about $35.00. Used it every night for a week. It did help, but the actual smell of the ozone made my wife sick to her stomach.

I did quite a bit of research and read reviews and do think they would work for hunting clothes.

24-Oct-18
I bought a FireAngel ozone water purifier on amazon a few years ago for about $50 and it works great. Looks like it is no longer for sale there, but there are plenty of others available. Mine emits 600 mg/h which is more than the 500 mg/h unit that scentlok sells for three times the price.

I run the hose into a rubbermaid type of bin - not sure what you mean by a "small" area, but I wouldn't try to do a whole room or something with it. Maybe a small closet at most.

Bottom line, I'd make sure you get one that does at least 500 mg/h depending on how big an area you are trying to fill and it is very helpful if it has a timer to shut off automatically.

24-Oct-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo
Lewis, not sure what you ment by a small one. Do you mean the ones you plug into a cigarette lighter? If so, I don't have any experience with those. But, I purchased the one pictured and have used it both around the house and for hunting with good results. On out of state hunts, I run this unit in an enclosed trailer with my hunting gear hanging up inside. I do this overnight and during the day when possible. I feel this helps keep odors in check since a washer/dryer is not available. I've used it around the house also and in vehicles with good results. Hope this helps.

Fuzz

24-Oct-18
Look up whitetail’r I have the 50 plus now for 4 years. And it works great. Use it in back of truck with a topper Going to get the 35 to use in a tub for my long Johns and shirt and pants My brother in law finally bought one. I wash my clothes a lot less now (not wearing them out as much by doing this). Greg

24-Oct-18
Thanks bt that’s what I’m checking on Lewis

25-Oct-18
I use the one like Fuzz pictured. I'm happy with the way it works. It's kept in a spare bedroom with all my hunting stuff. Just set it for 30 minutes and leave.

• Sitka Gear