sitO 26-Oct-18
DMTJAGER 26-Oct-18
midwest 27-Oct-18
1boonr 28-Oct-18
SB 28-Oct-18
25-Oct-18
That gal was being watched over! Wow.

26-Oct-18
Driving thru Ohio, Indiana and Illinois right now and seeing a good amount of roadkill. Mostly young bucks

26-Oct-18
Charlie where you heading??? Shawn

26-Oct-18
just got my wifes new cherokee back from the body shop, deer ran into front quarter panel. glad the deer was going down and not rolling up on top of the vehicle. over 5000 to fix some dents and plastic lights. she was only doing 25 in a known deer crossing area.

26-Oct-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
It's also this time of year in Iowa right now....be careful out there!

26-Oct-18
I was riding my bike and came up on a car pulled over with a smashed windshield and the guy out of the car sitting on the ground. He had blood all over his face and numerous small cuts. I asked if I could help him and he wanted to know if his eyes were ok. Since I didn't see another car, I asked what happened. He said the deer was still in the front seat! It was a yearling doe, and she was laid out in the seat still twitching, but dead. Guy said it landed in his lap. Fortunately he was ok.

26-Oct-18
Midwest: Excellent point. There are lots of huge tractors and grain haulers barreling down the back roads. Be cautious.

26-Oct-18
My place of employment has unlimited OT weather you want it or not. To get three days off in a row to take my sons spring turkey hunting without having to take a Vday I had to agree to work four 16hr days in a row and left for my property with no sleep after getting off work at 10pm. On the drive out I was less than alert and you guessed it a doe ran out in front of my truck as I rounded a sharp nearly blind curve and I hit her. I felt worse about hitting here than I did the damage to my truck as I felt I would've NEVER happened if I had been well rested as I actually caught her out of the corner of my right eye but my reaction time was delayed due to my being border line exhausted. Thankfully we weren't hurt and the truck was still drivable and both my boys killed turkeys, one big ole Tom and one a 19lb Jake with2 beards no less.

So not only be on the alert, be well rested so you can be alert. As soo as I saw what was going to happen I said to myself "should took the Vdays".

26-Oct-18
I'm just happy I didn't click on another "Bowriter thread" thanks and good night

26-Oct-18
HOLLY GRAP!!!!!!! Midwest, did the police ever say how fast was that car going before the driver decided to park it under the front of that combine? I imagine if not for hitting the combine's wheels, the driver would've seceded in getting the entire car under the combine.

27-Oct-18
It was a 17 year old kid with his 15 year old sister in the car. Amazingly, they both survived as well as the combine operator.

28-Oct-18
Sito- me to!

28-Oct-18
That's the problem with all of these new "turd" cars on the road these days...Low sloping front ends that scoop the deer right over the hood into the front seat. Happened to one of my wife's co-workers a couple days ago. She was lucky and didn't get hurt.

• Sitka Gear