Big-Al 30-Oct-18
standswittaknife 31-Oct-18
South Farm 31-Oct-18
Moben 31-Oct-18
Knothead 01-Nov-18
Lever Action 01-Nov-18
Factory rat 01-Nov-18
27-Oct-18
I’ve owned many bows; I still can’t find one I like better than my 08 Bowtech Allegiance. It’s very forgiving, quick, tunes like a dream, and just shoots beautifully. What’s your all time fav?

27-Oct-18
I really liked my bowtech tribute. I don’t know that it shot better than newer bows but it still sticks out to me. My current bow, centergy hybrid, is hard to beat though.

27-Oct-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
Have a pile of different bows.

Some very high end -high dollar bows that are touted as the best.

My favorite is still my first and favorite little blonde. Got all the right curves in all the right places:-). She’s sent arrows thru a pile of critters from buffalo down to field mice.

She’s a blood thirsty little gal:-)

27-Oct-18
Got a Hoyt Vectrix XL from 2007(?) that has killed every critter I have ever shot at with it. And that's a decent sized pile! I was thinking about that last year sitting in the stand and a coyote popped out at 35 yds and I didn't shoot cause I didn't want to take a chance of a miss and ruin the bow's record! Stupid!

I have had lots of bows and there will be more, this one just works.

27-Oct-18
My BowTech BTX-28, hands down.

27-Oct-18
Hoyt carbon defiant

27-Oct-18
Favorite compound is my 08 Diamond Black Ice. I have not owned or shot another worthy of replacing it. If I have to pick a favorite stick bow, it probably be my Browning Wasp, but a tough choice on picking "one" stick bow.

27-Oct-18
Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34. Tough as nails and insanely consistently accurate.

27-Oct-18

27-Oct-18
Hoyt Vector..... not quite as stellar a record as ironbow, but not far off! It was so trusty I began referring to it as Excalibur. Kind of wish I would have had my onto it! My current Nitrum 34 has done well for me too.

27-Oct-18
One helluva bull Tavis. And quite an accomplishment with that bow! My favorite bow is the one in my hand when hunting. Started out with an XI years ago and then a series of Hoyts. A Red Works RX 1 Ultra now, and probably my last one.

27-Oct-18
My new realmX

27-Oct-18
Really have enjoyed my Realm this past year. No shoulder pain, easy to tune and very forgiving. May get another this winter.

27-Oct-18
Miss my Switchback..

27-Oct-18
Mathews conquest 4 70#

27-Oct-18
Mathews Q2XL.... I own 3

27-Oct-18
My old Mathews Q2XL! Hands down sweetest bow I ever owned. Finally stopped shooting through critters after about 10 years. Limbs just seemed to crap out - probably from the thousands of arrows shot through her.

Lee

27-Oct-18
Switchback XT. Got two of em. One is my backup.

27-Oct-18
Switchback XT ........ Shooting a Bowtech Exsperince now. 2 great bows IMO

27-Oct-18
Might have been the bow, or might have been because I was a lot younger, but each time I picked up my MQ32 something died.

27-Oct-18
Obsession Evolution, 2014 version. Best shooting bow I've ever owned.

27-Oct-18
Palmer Carbon 62” 50lbs @28 “

27-Oct-18
My 07 PSE x force HF. Killed everything under the sun with it. Just recently replaced it with PSE Carbon Air 34.

27-Oct-18
Switchback XT! Still my everyday bow.

27-Oct-18
Fovorite sentimental bows are my dads Bear Grizzly, Owen Jeffrey 68” 55# bamboo longbow.

27-Oct-18
Predator Recurve, next in line would be my Bighorns.

27-Oct-18
I gave my favorite Mathews MQ-1 to one of my grandsons. I loved that bow.

27-Oct-18
Switchback XT

27-Oct-18
Lee.... you can get a set of limbs for that bow, if the riser is still good. Mathews limbs of that era are all the same size. The only thing different was the length of the riser from model to model. The year Mathews quit making the Q2XL, I bought a new one and didn’t take it out of the box for about 5 years. I just bought a set of 70 lb limbs for mine. Those 80 pounders were just getting to hard on The shoulders.

27-Oct-18
Lee.... you can get a set of limbs for that bow, if the riser is still good. Mathews limbs of that era are all the same size. The only thing different was the length of the riser from model to model. The year Mathews quit making the Q2XL, I bought a new one and didn’t take it out of the box for about 5 years. I just bought a set of 70 lb limbs for mine. Those 80 pounders were just getting to hard on The shoulders.

27-Oct-18

27-Oct-18

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Palmer.

27-Oct-18
Best compound I've had was a Bowtech Sentinal, sold that bow years ago and have always regretted it. Currently shoot a PSE Sinister which shoots fine and does what I need it to do. When I bought the Sinister (used) it also happened to be 60lb limbs, currently shooting it at about 50lbs. Got be be honest, I think the days of shooting 70lb bows are over for me, I'm 43 and was starting to get get some recurring pains in my shoulder. I've really come to love shooting the lighter weight it's so much more pleasurable. The way I figure it is if can harvest animals with my 40-45lb recurveand longbows then I dont need a high poundage compound either. Sorry, I got a little off topic??

27-Oct-18
I killed the most animals with a Jennings carbon extreme. I liked that one, but I think my favorite is my Elite Synergy. A close second was my Q2XL. If I was smart I would still have it.

27-Oct-18
Favorite compound Elite E35 favorite recurve my Chastain Wapiti

27-Oct-18
Favorite compound Elite E35 favorite recurve my Chastain Wapiti

27-Oct-18
Switchback

27-Oct-18
A take-down recurve built for me by Jim Brackenbury before he passed.

28-Oct-18
Favorite bow of my entire hunting career was my Hoyt Pro Hunter.....and to think when I bought it, it was considered "state of the art". Nowadays people would laugh at it.

28-Oct-18

Sophiloren's embedded Photo
Sophiloren's embedded Photo

Sophiloren's Link
Recently I upgrade my bow to Ravin 10. One of the great bow I got in my arsenal. Its draw weight is 220 and FPS is 400. Such a monster. I found a great review of best crossbow selection from a blog name outdoor ever.

28-Oct-18
Bowtech BTX-28

28-Oct-18
Longbow made by Kanati. 58 pounds at 28 inches. Shoots hard and fast for a trad bow, It shoots exactly where I look too. Compounds: It would have to be the Mission ballistic 2.0. I bought it because I truly liked the fit better then the other bows I tried. Worked out real well since I float back and forth between the two. Saved me about $500.

28-Oct-18
I understand fast but what is a hard shooting bow

28-Oct-18
Q2 XL by a mile. Grouped fixed blades out to 80 like no other bow I have ever owned.

28-Oct-18
Mathews LX. Love that bow. Split a limb in '14 and it hasn't been the same. Got a set of replacement limbs, but no one can seem to get it back to factory specs.

28-Oct-18
'68 Shakespeare Necedah, 50#. '04 Hoyt UltraTec, 70#. Haven't shot the UT in about 10 years.

-Joe

28-Oct-18
I loved my e35, even kept it for a year after I got my Victory 37 for 3D, but never shot it again so i just sold it. With my 31 inch draw these longer ata elites are sweet.

28-Oct-18
It was an example of an adjective 'bou. Do you need me to tell you what that is?

28-Oct-18
love my Hoyt Defiant 34

28-Oct-18
I understand the term "hard shooting"....that Pro Hunter set at 78 lbs. shooting a 2317 at 32" with a 150 grain broadhead was like hitting a animal with a spear. If you hit bone it would knock them off their feet...lol

28-Oct-18
My best bow was my old PSE fire flight could almost lost get a match with it .

28-Oct-18
You hear the same bows time and again in these threads. Bowtech allegiance, Mathews Q2xl, mathews switchback xt, elite E35. I still own a Q2xl and have owned an allegiance. My current favorite is my Elite V37. Like it so much I just bought a 2nd. Find what fits you and buy 2. It's like a good pair of boots. Of all the bows in my basement they are all pretty much 35 to 38" ata with a 7" brace height. All solid limbs. All have somewhat parallel limbs and long risers. The thing I've liked the most about the victory series is the grip. Hands down the easiest for me to figure out and remain consistent with.

28-Oct-18
My favorite in the late 70s and 80s was a Jennings arrowstar. In recent years, Hoyt Faktor 34. I have two of them and have killed a lot of stuff with them.

28-Oct-18
Mathews DXT

28-Oct-18
Toss up, Hoyt Defiant Pro, Defiant 34, until this year's Hoyts;)

28-Oct-18
I miss my Switchback everytime I shoot, but my Chill R is smooth and faster than my Switchback could ever be!

28-Oct-18
Still shooting my '09 BowTech Admiral with two bottom cam shoot through conversion and custom roller guard that doesn't trap the cables and make the draw weight stack the last 3 inches.

28-Oct-18

BooBoo's embedded Photo
BooBoo's embedded Photo
Black Widow PMA #44@30. Killed a lot of critters with her over the years. I might point out that besides the shoulder fired thing, the only pics posted are of stick bows. That speaks volumes regarding how the archer feels about their bow. Just sayin'.....

28-Oct-18

BooBoo's embedded Photo
2108 WV buck
BooBoo's embedded Photo
2108 WV buck
Black Widow PMA #44@30. Killed a lot of stuff with her over the years.

28-Oct-18

walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
Ok I'll play.

28-Oct-18

2 years ago.

28-Oct-18
First pic was an 11 yard shot second was a 6 yard shot.

28-Oct-18
Mathews Z7 Xtreme. Does everything I need it to do and that's kill deer. Haven't shot the new Mathews because I can't afford them and am afraid I'll like them.

28-Oct-18
prime best bow i ever had

28-Oct-18
Old, Martin Cougar Magnum, was so forgiving and smooth. New: I love my Quest Drive, same as above.

29-Oct-18
Bowtech Btx

29-Oct-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Would still have to be the one in this photo...

29-Oct-18
Love my Elite Synergy. I don't care how slow it is, it is a joy to shoot and hunt with. My only wish is that it was a few tenths of a pound lighter. A 4 pound Synergy would be the perfect bow for me.

29-Oct-18
Xpedition X-Ring IIV

29-Oct-18
Hoyt Alpha Max and my old Mathews Feather Max. I killed a ton of critters with those two bows.

29-Oct-18
Shoot a bowtech prodigy now and love it, but I still wish I had kept my tribute.

29-Oct-18
Caribow silver fox by Abe Penner. The most beautiful, sweet shooting bow I ever had. I miss her dearly. Switched to compound because I developed short draw snap shooting syndrome, ugh. Have Matthews z3 now, feels like a sniper rifle, can't miss if I know the range.

29-Oct-18
Had a Mathews Ultramax for about 10 years. That was my all time favorite. I now have a Mathews ZXT that I like a lot but that old Mathews was the bomb! Shawn

29-Oct-18
"...and my old Mathews Feather Max."

Still have my FeatherMax. Bought new in 2000. Took it out a few times this season, just so I could say I have 19 hunting seasons on it.

29-Oct-18
2007 Fred Bear Instinct. Purchased new, as a last year's model in 2008, added an STS string suppressor and ripcord drop away rest and Montana Gold 5 pin sight. I shoot Carbon Express Piledrivers with Slick Trick Magnums. I call my rig...Silent Death. My bow is SHHHHHHH!!!!! Quiet. My gearhead buddies who buy new bows every 2-3 years make fun of my bow and my 243 fps arrows, but I put the arrow exactly where I aim and if it is not a pass through broadside shot, it is a quartering away shot that busts through tough far side leg bone or far side shoulder bone. I slay plenty of doe and usually get a buck every year. See no need to replace it.

29-Oct-18
Both Mathews: Switchback XT, I still have it and use it as a back-up (smoothest bow ever!)....I'll never get rid of it.

Currently still hunting with a Mathews Z7, and still love shooting it, and never been more accurate with any other bow - I'll never get rid of it either.

29-Oct-18
PSE vector - loved that bow till the limbs split, changed limbs and it never shot the same. Also a Hoyt alpha max 32 that was a killer. Really like my energy32. Greg

29-Oct-18
Rocky D that Cougar Mag would have been the $hits back in 1197!

29-Oct-18
Switchback XT - still have it, not shooting it right now, but I could prob go back. Smooth as silk, killed a ton of great animals with it. Tuning dream shoot any head I've ever wanted. Just seemed a little loud in the end, and I got something faster and quieter, but I don't know if it's me but my bowtech also seems louder with time now.

29-Oct-18
Really like my current Mathews Halon 32. Wish I had never sold my Switchback XT. Keep thinking about getting another I liked it so much.

29-Oct-18
Haven't tried many bows, but I love my Bowtech Experience

With the prices of bows now, it'll probably be a while until I try another.

29-Oct-18
I've really loved my BowTech 82nd AB. I feel like the only person that likes the darn thing... But it's worked great for me. I got it the first year they came out, and it's going strong.

Admittedly, I am getting some wander lust and may pull the trigger on a new rig next year. But overall, I've really loved this bow.

29-Oct-18
Mathews MQ1, bought new in '98 and killed a lot of animals. Still have it as a backup to my Halon 6. Love the performance of the Halon but hate the finickiness and difficulty tuning.

29-Oct-18

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Not sure I would say my most accurate bow but definitely my favorite in terms of fun to shoot, ease to carry, fits in a backpack. Just an awesome hunting bow!

29-Oct-18
One of the very first McPhersons, 65% letoff. Got it at the SHOT Show in New Orleans from Matt. But, possible, my all-time fave is an American, 55-pound, non-adjustable that shot a blistering 166-fps with a 2213 and a 125 grain head. Would like to see the deer, bear and a couple elk that bow accounted for. It was my first compound. You could not adjust anything. Best I ever shot- Champion Attack One-For a finger shooter, one sight pin, bare bones style shooter, best I ever drew. Still have two of the three.

30-Oct-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
MQ1 ^^^ Agreed Cheesehead: The MQ1 was a dandy. Really their best bow ever. The Switchback/SQ2 were the last really good bows they made. Easy to shoot and tune back then.

30-Oct-18
My current bow, a Mission Journey 09' model I believe. I bought it new and don't care if I ever buy another one. Its like an extension of my arm and has killed a shit ton of critters.

30-Oct-18
Bowtech Experience.

30-Oct-18

rallison's embedded Photo
rallison's embedded Photo
WhippenStick longbows...I have the one piece, my son & wife both shoot the Marauder take down. I've also got the Phoenix take down recurve. Unfortunately, the bowyer got burned out (one man operation, right here in Wisconsin) and moved on. Too bad...great guy, and a very talented, innovative bowyer.

30-Oct-18
Mathews, Conquest 2 at 70 lbs. 5 mule deer, 3 elk, 1 whitetail, and 1 turkey.

31-Oct-18
Darton Maverick from 06... ish.. shot it until 2015.. loved that bow..

31-Oct-18
Mine was an G. Fred Asbell era Bighorn, crafted and autographed by the man himself. Beautiful combination of Osage and Cocobolo with ramhorn tips and a silver inlaid Bighorn in the riser. Damned prettiest bow I ever owned, shot great, super quiet, and sold in a moment of stupidity and regretted ever since!!!

31-Oct-18
Q2XL. Had two and gave one to a buddy who was just starting to bowhunt. Other favorite was my Jennings Shooting Star circa 1980 Still have the Mathews.

01-Nov-18
2004 bowtech Patriot

01-Nov-18
Oneida. Basically a bastardized version of a recurve which I grew up shooting and just recently left. I can shoot it fingers or release and no special tools or strings required.

After that, it would be most any Hoyt or Bear traditional recurve.

01-Nov-18
Bowtech allegiance is my current bow and my favorite so far.

• Sitka Gear