GF 29-Oct-18
Grate-ful-draw 29-Oct-18
SixLomaz 29-Oct-18
SixLomaz 29-Oct-18
SixLomaz 29-Oct-18
nehunter 29-Oct-18
27-Oct-18
4:33 PM LIVE from Ct*
Time to do some stalking with my longbow. The wind is slowing and the heavy rain is gone in Fairfield county. I have few spots I need to visit. Leaving car now going to spot no 1, a thick bedding area.

27-Oct-18
GL Bud!!!!.steady drizzle in Monroe, strong gusts still..the skies look to be brighten a bit..give a yell if needed

27-Oct-18

SixLomaz's embedded Photo
Well it did not take long for a visitor to pop out of thicket at 24 yards. He will get a pass this season. I am after his father or mother.

27-Oct-18

She came out of nowhere from my left at 16 yards more or less taking me by surprise as I did not expect deer from that direction. I am puzzled by the fact that she did not smell me. Long story short I let go of a 510 grain arrow tipped with 125 Magnus two blade broadhead and 3 x 5" feathers at the other end. I heard the ribs cracking and then I watched the big lone doe run with half an arrow sticking out. Good shot in the vitals at a downward angle as I was elevated on the slope. Good news is that she ran towards the truck and I hope she stayed the course. First blood where she stood when I hit her. I am tracking now good blood.

27-Oct-18
Awesome love it

27-Oct-18

10 yards from impact I found more blood. Looking good.

27-Oct-18
Go gettr!'Good luck.

27-Oct-18
25 yards even more pooled blood and I am closer to the truck to about 120 yards. This is going to be a really short drag compared with the elk in CO.

27-Oct-18

Forgot the blood picture.

27-Oct-18

She changed direction and I am back in thick and dark stuff. Darn it. I hoped for an easy drag.

27-Oct-18
Geter six!!!..

27-Oct-18
I found her not too far from the place where she changed direction. Here is the pic on the side of the road next to the truck. She is bigger than I thought. I lost the arrow as I could not find it in the thick stuff she went in. I will go back tomorrow morning and look again.

27-Oct-18

Oops ... forgot the pic again. The arrows are 32" and the Two Tracks Ogemaw longbow is 47# @ 28", which reaches 50# at my 29.5" draw length.

27-Oct-18
Congrats

27-Oct-18
Good job six!

27-Oct-18
Well done!

27-Oct-18
way to go man

27-Oct-18
Good job six, I thought you were crazy going out today. But, I just came home at sunset and there were half a dozen deer in neighbor's food plot. So, they're up and moving and the wind is howling.

27-Oct-18
Nice one!

27-Oct-18
For some reason they moved good this afternoon. I saw deer on my way to hunt. They did not care for the rain or wind. So, I did hunt the rain and the wind. It was fun but I am frozen. Time to get warm at home with a hot cup of tea with a splash of Havana Club rum while and after I finish butchering. This doe came in on time. Now starting Monday I can concentrate on bucks and have all day relaxing sits or stalks since the freezer has deer meat next to elk meat.

27-Oct-18

Notme's embedded Photo
Notme's embedded Photo
Congrats Six!!!!..I went to check one of my spots just before sunset, deer everywhere..counted 11 bedded in the field.they didn't seem to care about the weather..Havana club will do it!!!

27-Oct-18
Congratulations!

27-Oct-18
I think they patterned humans using Google Alexa technology and know hunters will stay away in bad weather during hunting season. I am the exception to the rule. The nightmare in their sweet dreams. Pattern this hunter is not acceptable. :))

27-Oct-18
It is time to get some turkey for November. Vote on November 6 and get a turkey for Thanksgiving.

By the way, pay close attention to the two questions on the ballot related to transportation funds being put in a lockbox in order to prevent funds siphoning and having public hearings before spending transportation money with private companies. The right choice is YES for both questions.

27-Oct-18

Notme's Link
Sweet dreams as in......

https://youtu.be/QUvVdTlA23w

27-Oct-18
Congrats!

27-Oct-18
Awesome! Congrats

27-Oct-18
Congrats

27-Oct-18
Congrats Six!

27-Oct-18
nice congrats I shoot a bare recurve but never had the confidence to hunt with it. Very cool.

27-Oct-18
Congrats. Ladies and gentlemen, that is a live hunt!

27-Oct-18
@1buckchuck: I shoot 3 to 6 arrows a day at least five days a week with cold muscles, from various unmeasured distances, different angles from different positions (twisting, hunched, sitting, kneeling, crouched, walking, and even standing or crouching on one leg), wide open or thru/around/over obstacles. It took me few years to get the courage to use a traditional bow for hunting. What really helped with the transition was going to 3D shoots where I slowly was able to hit the mark from the same pin (35 to 45 yards) as the archers using compound bows. I enjoy every hunt despite failing 8-9 times while hunting before I can bring meat to the table (turkeys are my menace). Today I find myself slowly drifting away from technology which also helps me to be confident with simpler gear. Even posting a live hunt here seems somewhat inadequate while hunting. I do it for those who need a push in the right direction and for those who came before us paving the way, opening new paths, and now live hunting thru memories. I say if you are proficient shooting at an inanimate target at the range from all kind of positions, and practice roving (stump shooting) then all you need is a good ASAT Vanish 3D ghilie suit, some 125 grain Magnus Stinger 2 blade broadheads, 450 to 550 total grain arrows. Go play the wind and the rain for the win. It works better from the ground for more fun and bigger challenges. After a moose hunting trip to Ontario in 2015, Newfoundland in 2017 again moose, and this year's elk trip to Colorado, I now realize how tight spaced is hunting in Connecticut. In the end for me it is all about having a good time, relaxing, and connecting to nature in ways many today have forgotten. I hope this helps you in gaining confidence. Also having those 2 blades broadheads sharper than a surgical blade will give you extra boost.

28-Oct-18
Congrats Six! Sound like a fun hunt!!! U can get away with murder on windy days! I took a turkey & a 8 point on a day like yesterday in high grass along a power line years ago they never saw me. Best hunt of my life!

28-Oct-18
Great hunt! Recurve and long bows can be as accurate as a compound with practice.

28-Oct-18
Chuck - Get yourself to an open shoot day at one of the clubs with a 3D course, or better yet, Join Up!

We've got one more shoot at Cos Cob before the year is out...

And BBB is correct; you just have to be willing to lose/break some arrows....

28-Oct-18

GF's embedded Photo
Walk-up starting about 15 yards behind the Top Gun compound stake. First one was low & in the dirt; second shot (from Top Gun) missed the 10-ring by 1/2". Then Low, Low, Kill, High...
GF's embedded Photo
Walk-up starting about 15 yards behind the Top Gun compound stake. First one was low & in the dirt; second shot (from Top Gun) missed the 10-ring by 1/2". Then Low, Low, Kill, High...

28-Oct-18
The howling wolf is protected by magic juju even on a 3D course.

28-Oct-18
Well done

28-Oct-18
Before I tore my rotator in my left shoulder I shot a Damon Howat, 48 lb @ 28" and I could hit a soda can at 20 yards, but I practiced every day. That's when I was into hunting big time and would shoot any adult deer in my path. And yes, I lost lots of arrows getting to that point.

28-Oct-18
Congrats six way to get it done I dream of elk hunting constantly and u got that done also. I’m glad that u do live hunts they r motivation for many.

28-Oct-18
“The howling wolf is protected by magic juju even on a 3D course.”

Not really unique to Brother Wolf....

28-Oct-18

GF's embedded Photo
GF's embedded Photo
GF's embedded Photo
GF's embedded Photo

29-Oct-18

GF's embedded Photo
6 out of 8 inside of my brace height from an NFAA Regulation 65 yards....
GF's embedded Photo
6 out of 8 inside of my brace height from an NFAA Regulation 65 yards....

29-Oct-18
Awesome hunt SIX! From the ground with traditional archery equipment is on the bucket list for me. One day.

29-Oct-18
Today's target practice, session 1 from 20 yards instinctive shooting barebow.

29-Oct-18
Another target practice day session 2 from 25 yards ... I lost focus on second arrow due to squirrel movement on fence top.

29-Oct-18
Another target practice day session 3 ... sitting at 12 yards

29-Oct-18
Awesome! Congrats!

• Sitka Gear