Contributors to this thread:
DConcrete 28-Oct-18
Hessticles 28-Oct-18
DConcrete 29-Oct-18
Habitat 29-Oct-18
DConcrete 29-Oct-18
smarba 29-Oct-18
28-Oct-18
Can you use a crossbow in Nebraska during the or use an air rifle in the up coming rifle season?

Thank you

28-Oct-18
Crossbow yes, not sure on air rifle

29-Oct-18
Thank you

29-Oct-18
Why would you want to use an air rifle even one of the super duper ones

29-Oct-18
Because I am taking my 12 year old daughter there deer hunting and the custom .243 I had made for her scares the hell out of her.

The recoil isn’t what’s getting her. The noise is. I cannot put my finger on what precisely the problem is for her. But I’ll damn sure do what I have to to make sure she has a good time.

29-Oct-18
Jeff: Our daughter also didn't like rifle at first. I always had her wear electronic shooting muffs that allow her to hear, but block the sound. She said it was the "pressure" or "concussion" in her chest - the sound wave if you will, that bothered her.

She hunted with Xbow a few times and as she grew older the .243 didn't bother her. I think that Xbow would be more readily available and easier to buy/sell (even used) than airgun but whichever you pick, jump on it and don't look back. Not worth missing out on a hunt with your kiddo! Have fun with her.

If it makes financial sense I'll ship you our daughter's Xbow for your hunt. For that matter I'll check with our daughter and maybe we're ready to pass it along to someone else as she'll probably graduate to bowhunting when she does something besides rifle now.

Carl

• Sitka Gear