md5252 01-Nov-18
md5252 01-Nov-18
Factory rat 01-Nov-18
Rut Nut 08-Nov-18
snapcrackpop 08-Nov-18
3xtrophy 19-Nov-18
Horseshoe 19-Nov-18
01-Nov-18
I have been using summit climber for many years and like everything about them except for the shoulder strap setup for carrying the stands. what have others done to improve this. thanks for your suggestions.

01-Nov-18
Strap it between bag and frame of my pack with cables up and clipped in tight to snag fewer branches if going deep. Extend the cables out and carry it over my shoulder like a mail bag if a shorter hike. I like my Summit a lot more when I'm in it than when I'm carrying it.

01-Nov-18

PAbowhunter1064's Link
Here ya go....put these on my Summit, and love them. Way more comfortable than the ones that came with it.

01-Nov-18
I used a kind of modified waist belt, which helped with the straps. I agree they suck, especially on a long walk in with my pack strapped to the stand. Stand itself is awesome tho

01-Nov-18
Bloodtrail - I'm built the same as you, and I think you'll love those straps as much as I do. They're flexible, don't dig into your shoulders, and cinch real easy. Add a Hazemore net style seat, and you've got a great setup.

01-Nov-18
Md what are you using for a waist belt? I've always thought one would help. But haven't come up with anything yet.

01-Nov-18
I used a Tenzing fanny pack as a waist belt. Not too hard to secure it and also could use the extra storage space. You could also use the waist belt from an EXO or Kifaru etc..

01-Nov-18

md5252's embedded Photo
md5252's embedded Photo
I’m also going to try this setup. Ordered off Amazon

01-Nov-18
Thanks for the info guys. I looked up the xop system seems to be sold out. I might try to use something like md came up with.

08-Nov-18

Rut Nut's Link
If you wanna just go with shoulder straps, this is a good option. I upgraded this season and could not be happier! No waist belt needed. Plenty of padding on straps and comfortable. And can’t beat the price!

08-Nov-18
For me, just adding a waist belt took off almost all of the weight off my shoulders.

HOWEVER if I have my backpack added to the stand, then upgraded shoulder straps are helpful.

The other option is to carry your pack on your chest (backwards). The advantage is you feel balanced instead of a hunchback. The disadvantage is you get warm (kinda like having your coat zipped up) and the shoulder straps want to slip off your shoulders a little.

19-Nov-18
thanks everyone. i will try a few options

19-Nov-18

Horseshoe's embedded Photo
Horseshoe's embedded Photo
Here is my emergency modification to the carrying strap. I love the comfort of my Summit.

• Sitka Gear