WapitiBob 04-Nov-18
Native Okie 04-Nov-18
Native Okie 04-Nov-18
Teeton 04-Nov-18
WapitiBob 05-Nov-18
YZF-88 05-Nov-18
BULELK1 06-Nov-18
01-Nov-18
With the PP purchasing period over with for this year, who has the max 13 points for elk? I'm at max for elk, deer, and lopes. I may be dumping my elk points next season.

01-Nov-18
I HAVE 1.....

01-Nov-18
And I have 3...togther we have 13, no?! LOL

01-Nov-18
12 here

01-Nov-18
Definitely not me! I have 10 and no idea what to do with them now. My buddies pre-scouted the unit we're planning to hunt this past September...and didn't find squat.

01-Nov-18
8 for elk, hoping to bail in the next couple years on elk. I think 6 deer and 6 pronghorn, hoping to use pronghorn next year and no idea on deer.

midwest, have you been applying for tags and not drawing or just buying points? I can't imagine waiting 13 years to hunt pronghorn

01-Nov-18
Cashed my points in this year and had a great hunt. Will cash my antelope points in when my son turns 12 in two years. We will split mine and have a fun hunt.

01-Nov-18
6 here, I’m pretty sure I know what my plans are.

YZF, the area you looked into I know a BS’r who killed a nice bull there this year. So did his partner.

01-Nov-18
They charge to much for points. It's a suckers game at this point.

01-Nov-18
Used my elk points this year and had a so so hunt, really didnt care for the unit. Lope and deer I am holding onto for now. Like Ryan said above I will split my points with my son when he turns 12, we can do a lope hunt together in August before school starts. My WY deer points I am just sitting on for awhile as havent come across the right opportunity yet. Moose and sheep...I am now out with 12. Didnt apply this year and didnt buy points.

01-Nov-18
I have max for elk

01-Nov-18
I have somewhere around 6, no plans for anything specific but don't plan to wait forever either.

01-Nov-18
I have 10 for moose and elk, 2 for deer and antelope. My plan is to cash in my elk points in 2 years and then I am done with the elk point game. I got out of the sheep game 2 years ago but I cant seem to get out of the moose game for some reason.

01-Nov-18
"midwest, have you been applying for tags and not drawing or just buying points? I can't imagine waiting 13 years to hunt pronghorn"

Lots of opportunities to hunt Wyo without burning points.

01-Nov-18
Max for elk, deer, antelope.

01-Nov-18
I should have bought one for my son too..... dangit

01-Nov-18
Max for Elk

01-Nov-18
Midwest I have zero. So with your 13 we can draw the unit I hunted this year. We could be chasing 350 + bulls in September. But don’t tell Ike ok;)

01-Nov-18
I've got some great spots that I'm just shy of drawing. Anybody with a bunch of points and no plans want to hunt with me and another bowsiter, pm me

01-Nov-18
Midwest I could never rack up that many points in Wyoming! 2 of them and I’m like a 16 year old with his first paycheck burning a hole in his pocket. I have enough to guarantee my general license next year or we could become much better friends. :^)

01-Nov-18
I like Will’s plan. Like It a lot:)

01-Nov-18
Don’t get to excited MulePower, 2 points didn’t guarantee a general tag this past year

01-Nov-18
Daughter has max for all 3, I have max for Antelope and -1 for Deer. Got the wife started late, she has 9 for all 3 species. Burned my 11 Elk points this year on an excellent hunt area.

01-Nov-18
I have 5 elk. Going to burn them next year.

01-Nov-18
I have 3 PPs, but VERY selective who I hunt Wyoming with.

01-Nov-18
I did have max points but cashed them in this year. My brother has max.

01-Nov-18
My son & I do, but that's right along with about 1800 other NR's (elk). One of us applies for a tag every year, but draw odds for the hunts we want have not improved much in 10+ years. No big hurry to use them though....plenty other places to hunt elk in the meantime.

01-Nov-18
9 here.......no man's land I expect. WY is like geometry to me.....no clue how to figger that chit out.

01-Nov-18
I've got 12 each for elk, deer and antelope. Looking to use them in the next 2-3 years.

01-Nov-18
I have 9 pts for elk going into next years draw and presently have 8. I've only put in for bonus pts and never applied for an actual tag. When I do decide to go live, depending on which unit, I'd go in on a group with someone with less pts if the unit I put in for only requires 4-5. It's not like you actually have to hunt together if you put in as a group.

I have 14 for Utah elk, but I'm holding out for a Premium tag and probably need 16-18 to lock that in. If I decide to go Archery only there I'd split those too, because I have way more than necessary for pretty much everything except San Juan and maybe 1-2 others.

01-Nov-18
PSU... I have 2.... but my partner has 3! That should do it. And for 2020 I have 2 guys with 7 each on a party app with my zero points so that should work out favorably too.

I’m always looking way ahead for a plan on how to get my butt to the Cowboy state with a tag in my pack!

01-Nov-18
I haven't had an elk point in WY in 4 years... I keep drawing :)

02-Nov-18
Idyl, That's my point. When I'm in a position to go live on a draw, I'll likely have way more points than I need, so what do I care about sharing them? They'll all burn anyway. If I need them, that's a different situation, but that won't apply to most units.

02-Nov-18

Stekewood's embedded Photo
My last evening busted up 6x6.
My last evening busted up 6x6.
My buddy’s bull.
My buddy’s bull.
My buddy and I cashed ours in this year and had an incredible hunt. It was well worth the wait.

02-Nov-18
Hell ya. Fantastic bulls. Cool looking country too.

02-Nov-18
Looks like unit 7. Possibly private land. ;-)

Congrats to you and your buddy, Stekewood!

02-Nov-18
I love open country hunting. Nice bulls Stejewood congratulations!

02-Nov-18
Wife has max and we both have max for deer. I blew mine on unit 22 and ended up only hunting two days due to scheduling problems that year.

02-Nov-18
Great bulls stekewood! Congratulations!

Love hunting open country for anything:-)

02-Nov-18
"Looks like unit 7. ...."

cheater

02-Nov-18
8 deer, 8 elk

02-Nov-18
I was stupid and 1 under max... 1st year missed!!!

02-Nov-18
"cheater" :):):):):)

02-Nov-18
Only 9 for elk and antelope. But what I’m really looking forward to is Max for deer and 19 for sheep.

02-Nov-18
I wish i had max points

02-Nov-18
Thanks for the congrats guys. Yes, as I had posted on the meat pole thread, it was area 7, and it was on private land. A fellow Bowsiter pointed us towards the small husband and wife outfit that we ended up booking with and it ended up being exactly the type of hunt we were hoping for.

02-Nov-18
If you want to burn your 10+ points and are looking for a big bull pm me. My buddies has one of the best pieces of elk ground in the state. Only takes one bow hunter per week and his hunters are 100% on 300+ inch bulls. A friend of mine went this year and took a 374 inch bull, first elk he's ever shot to boot!

03-Nov-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Nick both my son and I have max points for both elk and deer in Wyoming. And we both have more deer and pronghorn points in Colorado than any nonresident. I know my son will use his as time passes, but I may never be able to put down my camera. I never thought this would happen to me, but I enjoy shooting them with a camera just as much or more than with my bow. That's just the way it goes I guess.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

03-Nov-18
Easy to understand, Bill. No closed season for your passion!

03-Nov-18
I had 1 less than max and cashed them in this season. Happy I did!

If I had max points now, I know where I would go.....

04-Nov-18
10 elk, 10 deer and 5 antelope

04-Nov-18
0 elk, 6 deer, and 10 antelope.

—jim

04-Nov-18
4 across the board.

04-Nov-18
A fishing thread on Bowsite? /grin

if you post a bunch of points you might as well get ready for the inevitable PM's from guys wanting to put in with you to poach off of your points.

04-Nov-18

04-Nov-18
I have 10 for elk and 7 for antelope.

Is the NR draw still going to be in January with results in February? It really affects my elk draw strategy between WY, UT and ID. Don't see any info on the Wyoming site.

04-Nov-18
Don't think so.

04-Nov-18

04-Nov-18
Jason - It's proposed to be finalized one way or the other this Month. It's on their site in the new proposals.

04-Nov-18
I have 4 points for elk, how long until i can draw something better than oregon ? Lol

04-Nov-18
2 points ago

04-Nov-18

Native Okie's Link
Jason, I was mistaken earlier. The last proposal on the table for November. It looks like in the draft link it states 1/31 for NonRes Gen/ LQ Elk.

04-Nov-18
Bob May know different though, his finger is usually on the pulse.

04-Nov-18
You guys made me have to go look. I have 5 for elk 3 for lopes. Thinking of using my elk points next year. Now to find to right unit and the right partner.

05-Nov-18
The draw dates will stay as they are for the 2019 app/draw period; no changes. The new dates will probably be discussed at the April commission meeting and if passed go into affect 2020.

05-Nov-18
Decisions, decisions. What a headache having a good OTC area is! Makes it hard to pull up stakes and try a LE hunt!

06-Nov-18
I've had 0 points on Elk for years but------->ha

I burnt max deer last year in Region G

I have max on Antelope, I will burn them with a group appl. including a Youth hunter non-ressy to share with them.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear