spike buck's embedded Photo
Nesting bear in the Alfalfa
Nesting bear in the Alfalfa
Never had this issue of bears taking over our deer sites. This bear is making a nest in the Alfalfa. I think he's waiting for me to bring his Spring goodies. Must have a den near by.

We have had extreme weather patterns this Fall. From over a foot of snow on the 9th of October to 48F this Sunday coming.

01-Nov-18

Another bear that's suppose to be in the den. I have 2 other deer sites still active with bears when I don't want them around.

02-Nov-18
no sense going to bed if there is still food in the fridge.

02-Nov-18
We still have green leaves on trees all over the place. Not even one hard freeze yet, just a couple mild frosts. Unheard of back in the 70s around here, all leaves were down by Halloween back then. I can't see bears denning up in that kind of weather. Mid 60s right now. Thinks are changing even up your way I'd think.

02-Nov-18
We use steam rolled oats and corn with mollasses for deer....same as what we mix in for Bear bait.

02-Nov-18
We use steam rolled oats and corn with mollasses for deer....same as what we mix in for Bear bait.

02-Nov-18
I've read that the only thing that triggers bears to hibernate is lack of food. Temperature and daylight aren't really drivers. When food runs out it's time to sleep; if there is still plenty of food they'll stay active.

02-Nov-18
We had bears out in the snow 4 years ago around November 15. Sow with three cubs and it was -30c. Either they didn't have a den yet or was still on a food source.

• Sitka Gear