APauls 05-Nov-18
Bowriter 05-Nov-18
powder 05-Nov-18
Bowriter 05-Nov-18
Bowriter 05-Nov-18
04-Nov-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
This is a post Sick and Sling can make fun of. This picture was shot at about 150-yards. But look close. Have you ever seen a healthier doe? Every deer I have killed this year has has more fat than I have ever seen on TN woods deer. And this doe, just weaned twins. Keep in mind, this is not a Midwest, farm country deer.

04-Nov-18
All the deer I have killed this year have been fatter then normal for this time of year. I attribute it to the extreme quality of browse feed an extremely wet year produced. If that one is a big fatty for your area then it might be the case there too.

04-Nov-18
That's my thinking. All four of the deer I have killed have been loaded with fat and n great shape.

04-Nov-18
Pen-raised deer, probably.

04-Nov-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
lost of fat trimmed off
lost of fat trimmed off
Pictured a 2 year old doe I killed in SW Nebraska three weeks ago. Lots of fat. This 3 year old Neb. buck was a fatty also.

05-Nov-18
Winter is coming. Xtra fat on animals and native Americans wood piles got my attention.

05-Nov-18
Nice, hope our CWD goes away in a few years, we had 70 new cases here this year in Arkansas.

05-Nov-18
Both of mine were really fat as well.

05-Nov-18
Sam Dunham-Do you think CWD has spread or has the testing for it increased?

05-Nov-18
If the animals knew which winters were going to be bad then maybe they wouldn't die off in mass quantities. I don't buy that one. I used to guide with natives and they told me when the loons gathered a storm was coming. Sure enough, watched it happen. But then again, I watched the loons gather an equal number of times when no storm materialized. Some things ok, others, not so much. And no disrespect intended I just don't foresee how a whitetail would be able to determine through thought or instinct that the winter is going to be worse than normal. We know everything that whitetail knows and more.

05-Nov-18
LOL- APauls- How many red skies at morning have you seen, followed by a perfectly clear day? Ma Nature did not read all the homilies. But hey-When the hornets nests are high off the ground, watch out for deep snow. Last year, the nests were high. And sure enough, we had almost two inches of snow. But on another note, last weekend, we set a record for opening weekend kill for muzzleloader. Nov. 3-4. Check my previous posts. I nailed it. I used a set of spilliards and two geochromatic tables from the tomes of sick and sing. It is all based on traditional bow hunting knowledge. (That's a joke.)

05-Nov-18
Not a farm country deer eh? Yes folks this is a deep woods Tennessee healthy doe. Not in the woods mind you but in a field, my mind is blown!

05-Nov-18
And probably, more than your mind.

05-Nov-18
BTW- That doe is in my backyard. No crop fields within a couple miles or more. But I'm sure Powder, with his blown mind is correct. Since he was here.

• Sitka Gear