ryanrc 04-Nov-18
Dale06 04-Nov-18
ryanrc 04-Nov-18
BOWNBIRDHNTR 05-Nov-18
Ward's Outfitters 05-Nov-18
ryanrc 05-Nov-18
Ward's Outfitters 06-Nov-18
04-Nov-18
Anyone shoot these? If so, do they fly identical to field points? Also, I am looking for 2 inch plus 3 blade broad heads that fly identical to fieldtips. Do any exist?

Thanks

04-Nov-18
If your bow is tuned, If your arrow spine is correct If your form is good, no torquing BHs will fly with field points at reasonable distances

04-Nov-18
Thanks Dale. Any answers to the questions I asked?

05-Nov-18
I shoot a couple different 100 grain Vortex and they do fly very close to my field points. I practice regularly out to 100+ yards. Last kill was a mule deer at 40 yards. Cut 2 ribs in half on entrance and exit. Can't help you with the 3 blade question. Might want to reach out to Steven Ward with Ward's Outfitters. His family owns Vortex Broadheads and he could answer all your questions.

05-Nov-18
ryanrc

We currently do not make a 3 blade head. We have found that with our large cutting diameter heads 3 blades will impede penetration. All of our heads fly great up to speeds exceeding 450 fps. Keep in mind anytime you change the length of your overall arrow length you will change FOC and this can effect point of impact because of the change in the spine of your shaft. If your bow is tuned well you should have no issues.

05-Nov-18
Thanks for the reply and explanation. I didn't realize the FOC and impact connection. It makes sense. I was wondering why some with very little profile could have different flight characteristics, but now I understand. How much longer are your 2.75 inch heads compared to the 2.5 inch ones?

Thanks

06-Nov-18
The 2.75 are approximately 1/4 inch longer than the 2.50

• Sitka Gear