Shug 16-Jan-19
Jaquomo 16-Jan-19
Shug 16-Jan-19
SixLomaz 16-Jan-19
writer 07-Feb-19
05-Nov-18

ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
I have some Turkey Beards here I have no use for, can anyone use them! If so I'll ship them to you Free!

ElkNut/Paul

05-Nov-18
I'll take em! Thanks!

05-Nov-18
OK, they're spoken for! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

05-Nov-18
What’s the story on them Paul?

05-Nov-18
Matt, they're Merriam Birds from ID. I had about that many more but they were paired with their fans & someone earlier had spoken for them! I took these Turkeys here in west central ID. I don't hunt them any longer so just had these laying around!

ElkNut/Paul

05-Nov-18
Yes, we use them for fly fishing flies. TH

06-Nov-18
Ahh, nice! That sounds about right!

ElkNut/Paul

06-Nov-18
TH, I’m curious, what do you use the beard material to tie? I tie a few flies myself and I’ve never seen that used before.

16-Jan-19
Man, a year ago I tossed two one gallon bags, both crammed full.

16-Jan-19
Oh yeah writer!? Well I tossed three one gallon bags, couldn't stuff another one in them either!

16-Jan-19
Nick why are you being so rude? John was just pointing out that if he had known he would have offered them up before throwing them out. But then again you already knew that and just wanted to be rude. Why can’t you just move along or don’t comment if you don’t likewhat someone else posts

16-Jan-19
Rude? I was messing with Mike, not Paul, I apologize you weren't able to find any humor in my post... Lighten up Rich!

Who is John?

(edit) - Answered my own question, Rich thinks writer (Mike) is John (Bowriter) - - Now I get it. Rich, John isn't posting here anymore he said.

16-Jan-19
I’m curious what Terry is tying up with the beards too.

I’ve flyfished for thirty years (since I was big enough to walk the creeks with dad). We use secondary wing feathers, breast feathering and tail feathers off turkeys a good deal.

I’m interested in learning something new here. Just don’t tell me to make ribbing with my turkey beards, Terry! I need to find something to do with the 4 GALLON BAGS I’ve got stuffed FULL of beards, anyway.

16-Jan-19
Any idea how many stinkin' flies I could have tied with the 55 gallon drum of beards I threw in the dumpster yesterday, along with 400 sets of whitetail antlers?

16-Jan-19
If somebody doesn’t tell us what flies to toe with these I’ma bust!

Although a few of those under the wing of a streamer might keep them from fouling.

My wife’s cousin’s husband taught me that trick using moose mane.... he used to tie professionally; Collector flies, not “fishing” flies...

16-Jan-19
Nick, that WAS rather effin rude....

16-Jan-19
Ki-Ki, take your 55 gallon drum of turkey ropes and your 400 sets of WT bone and go home :) Take Lego-man with ya!

16-Jan-19
Hey you two will be sharing a bed in Omaha I hope this gets cleared up by then so I don’t have to call security to the room

16-Jan-19
Michael- writer, as awesome of a wild game chef as you are, surprised you couldn't devise a way to cook up all those beards!

;-)

16-Jan-19
Where’s TBM when ya need him?

16-Jan-19
Guys, I am experiencing major hair loss. Can I have them please?

07-Feb-19
Six...winner!

• Sitka Gear