JL 12-Mar-19
BOHNTR 12-Mar-19
Pyrannah 12-Mar-19
JL 12-Mar-19
ROUGHCOUNTRY 12-Mar-19
05-Nov-18

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
Reportedly green scores 311" and shot in Illinois. Will it make the new nontypical world record?

05-Nov-18
Game farm?

05-Nov-18
He looks so depressed. Maybe he was hoping for a 312?

05-Nov-18
"This buck was killed in Edgar County, Illinois between Paris and Chrisman by a disabled Veteran Luke Brewster of Virginia. His close friend was hunting the buck and he came down and got a shot on him his first day on the hunt. The deer was 100% free range and legal after being investigated by the IDNR."

"It has 39 countable points and rough scored 311” shattering the non typical whitetail Illinois state record."

That's what it says underneath the pic - on the FB pic I saw earlier this afternoon.

05-Nov-18
Fake.....look how droopy those ears are....lol. If that right side was even close to the left he would of been close to 400"....that left side is just CRAZY.

05-Nov-18
Hell of a buck. Congratulations to the hunter!

05-Nov-18
Weak G12s. Pass.

05-Nov-18
There are several other pics, and they're equally as bad...so would a "game farm" allow that? Antlers can do amazing things.

06-Nov-18
Just think what he would have been if they let him go another year.

06-Nov-18
All I see are deductions! Lol

Holy smokes!

06-Nov-18
Those brows are hilarious. Bucks like that keep me dreaming

06-Nov-18
He looks like his local PY scorer just told him it’s the lowest scoring buck ever -142 3/8 net

06-Nov-18
It scores negative180" as a mainframe typical 8, after all the deductions. I'll pass.

06-Nov-18
Ha! Pass this buck up? Just think what he would have been? Really? What an absolute beast!!! Congrats to the hunter.

06-Nov-18
People in the Illinois area say it`s legit. Illinois has produced some whopping non-typicals in years past.

06-Nov-18
I would miss a buck like that one!

06-Nov-18
I'd probably have the same look on my face as that dude if I killed that buck. It's hard to smile after you crap your pants! Amazing buck!

06-Nov-18
He’s sidearming it in the pic too! Couldn’t even longarm it properly:-(

How’s come every time something like this gets posted, it’s automatically assumed fake or the guy’s guilty of something before all the facts are known?Must be a bunch of dems on here!

Congrats to the guy and even more special that he was a DAV! Many thanks for his service to our country!

06-Nov-18
Dang Brotsky, about spit my lunch all over my screen. That was funny, and true!!

06-Nov-18
Dang Brotsky, now when I look at pic all I see is poop face.

06-Nov-18
Yup the last big non typical taken in Illinois.

06-Nov-18
HOLY MOLY!!!

"Reportedly green scores 311" and shot in Illinois. Will it make the new nontypical world record?"

A scorer's nightmare...8^) Wow, and yeah if that 311" score stands up it'll dethrone the P&Y World Record Beatty Buck (score 294") by 17"... Amazing... BTW, was this buck killed with a bow? Don't see bow in picture... Why I asked, if gun or xbow, won't be P&Y...

06-Nov-18
would have been a good one next year!

06-Nov-18
WOW!

06-Nov-18
Can’t be gun as we are in bow season now. Not sure on xbow or bow, though. Both are allowed in archery season.

Lee

06-Nov-18
I think they said the hunter is from Va. or W.Va & is a disabled vet. Congratulations to him..

07-Nov-18
deer of the year.

07-Nov-18
Awesome deer! I would have shot him if he didn't anything but those browtines and a couple of main beams. What a great forky he would make. He doesn't even need the rest of that stuff. :)

07-Nov-18
It looks photoshopped, to be perfectly honest. If it's real, congrats to the hunter.

07-Nov-18

Wv bow hunter 's embedded Photo
I know luke personally and deer is 100% legit. We work together in va. For those saying it’s not a bow kill

07-Nov-18
Cool. Now that's a better pic.

07-Nov-18
Awesome deer. Congrats to Luke!!

07-Nov-18

He just showed me trail cam pics of it beginning of last week

07-Nov-18
Congratulations on a great deer! If he had a "big smile" on his face, some of you would have accused him of being a "hot dog" or "grandstanding"!!

07-Nov-18
congrats very nice good for him , people need to stop hating and accusing

07-Nov-18
Wv bow hunter - Thanks for the clarifications and pix... Congratulations to your buddy Luke!!!

Yeah, if that 311" score stands up to the panel judging it'll over score P&Y WR...

BTW, photo shows buck alive on Oct 25, curious of date of kill, and bet there was a doe involved...8^) Why I asked date because drying period and eligibility for this P&Y entry period I believe ends Dec 31st... November 1st would be 60 days, but not sure of rules if entry after 60 days of drying or how that works... Next few months of hearing the scoring opinions are gonna be fun, there's a lot of good junk on that rack...8^)

07-Nov-18
So awesome! Love it.

And thanks for the laughs guys!

07-Nov-18
Shot very near where a 262 got shot a few years ago

07-Nov-18
The last time I saw a buck like that it turned out to be a tree.

07-Nov-18
Thank Luke for his service and congrats on the buck of dreams!

08-Nov-18
Shot about 4 miles south east of my families farm. Congrats to the guy !

08-Nov-18
312-3/8 official after drying period-pending WR unless you are talking archery only.

08-Nov-18
Number 1 doesn’t really matter on a buck like this. It is incredible. Luke is the hero, not for the deer but what he and his fellow service men have done for us. He deserves it and much more. Thanks for your service Luke. God bless you. Even more.

08-Nov-18
Congrats!!! Would not have been possible without that Hoyt bow though:)

08-Nov-18
Bowriter - What is "312-3/8 official"??? I'm confused...

08-Nov-18
Dream for any whitetail hunter.

09-Nov-18
Bowriter - What is "312-3/8 official"??? I'm confused...

Not surprised. official means it has been panel scored by official scorers, after the drying period, not a measurement while still green. It is now awaiting 2019 convention. But with a buck that size...who cares. Hope that clears it up for you, Z-bone.

09-Nov-18
Glad to hear it wasn't a high fence deal, wow that's an awesome buck! Congrats to the hunter!!

09-Nov-18

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Bowriter - First I heard 312-3/8, they were saying 311 earlier, and your "WR unless you are talking archery only" comment... Well yeah, we've already established it was a archery kill...

Guess it was the way you phrased it made it confusing...

Am aware of the P&Y panel scoring and be willing to wager that 312-3/8 won't be the final official score after the P&Y panel... The P&Y WR Beatty Buck lost over 10" officially from 304 6/8" (and is STILL officially listed at that by Ohio State record organization BBBC and their 4 man panel) yet official P&Y score is 294"... What I'm trying to say is depends who's doing the scoring on the panel...

Attached photo is current P&Y WR....

09-Nov-18
Thanks for that clarification.

09-Nov-18
That's a CRAZY looking buck! Congrats to the hunter! Cool that he is a VET!

09-Nov-18
Yikes! What a monster and to hear the hunter is a Soldier who has served us. Congrats from Idaho and thank you for your service!

11-Mar-19

Zbone's Link
Looks like it's official, new P&Y world record...

https://www.bowsite.com/templates/bowhuntingnews/readnews2.cfm?id=134

11-Mar-19
That is way cool! What a spectacular buck! Congratulations to Luke!

11-Mar-19
It actually gained a few inches at Panel. Awesome antlers.....biggest buck I’ve ever held.

11-Mar-19
Yeah BOHNTR, biggest ever killed by a hunter... They scored it just 3/8" under the Hole in the Horn Buck...

12-Mar-19
Yup...I was there

12-Mar-19
Cool... Was you one of the panel judges?

12-Mar-19
Yes...but didn’t have to measure this buck.....wanted no part of that mess! :)

12-Mar-19
Generically asking.....the article said it took 8 hours to score. Is there alot of discussion taking place when doing animals of this caliber? With the number of scorers involved, I could see some different viewpoints or interpretations surfacing. Who within the scoring team would make the final call on a point in question? Or does the group vote on it?

12-Mar-19
There are two different teams that measure it at separate times throughout the panel days. Identifying typical versus non-typical points takes most of the time, IMO. Then drawing baselines for all those points, etc., takes quite a bit of time as well. Time is taken and manual reference is utilized to ensure it is measured correctly and as accurate as possible. It takes time with that many points. It is truly an incredible deer!

12-Mar-19
Would Be so much easier to measure volume...

Oh well..

12-Mar-19
^^ I always thought that was a major flaw with scoring systems that use deductions like P&Y and B&C. They can't go back and change it now as that would upset the current lists and open them up to litigation. I think SCI and the Buck Masters systems count all points....that method seems more logical....at least IMO.

12-Mar-19
It is so lop-sided and unbalanced as far as non typical points go. Usually antlers tend to balance themselves out but not in this case. I can't tell from the photos but the final score may indeed, be different than initial estimates.

• Sitka Gear