GhostBird 14-Nov-18
Bou'bound 14-Nov-18
mn_archer 14-Nov-18
deerhunter72 14-Nov-18
BUCKeye 14-Nov-18
T Mac 14-Nov-18
Thornton 18-Nov-18
06-Nov-18
Have a good hunt you guys. Thanks for sharing!!

06-Nov-18

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Woke up in Kansas as well! Good luck boys!!!!

06-Nov-18
Good luck guys! Looking forward to following along and see how this year unfolds.

06-Nov-18
Good luck, boys!

06-Nov-18
Good luck, I’ll be in ground blinds north of dodge city starting Wednesday

06-Nov-18
Good luck guys.

06-Nov-18
Nothing better than redemption and you guys have the chance to put last year well out of mind

07-Nov-18
Good luck Pat! Can't wait to see it- some of us are living vicariously thru you guys this week! ;-)

07-Nov-18
Good luck guys.

07-Nov-18
Three 8's and one 10. Nothing over 130" here.....four coyotes.

07-Nov-18
Keep it coming Pat!

07-Nov-18
I'm following.. keep at it Pat

07-Nov-18
Best kind'a coyotes pictures!! That's your "Earn-a Buck" ticket.

Good luck guys and don't let last year dog you mentally. Just hunt!

07-Nov-18
Good luck gentlemen!

07-Nov-18
Good luck! Put a leak in a good one.

07-Nov-18
Is it just me or are others jealous of Pat occasionally?? Good luck guys, put some time in the stands and let's see the results!

07-Nov-18
Good luck all !

07-Nov-18
Good luck

07-Nov-18
How much heat is Pat going to get for posting a gun kill? Congrats on the dogs, hope you get into another good buck. Jealous, of course, duh!

07-Nov-18
Occasionally Dave? NO- ALL THE TIME!!!!! ;-)

I just saw Pat's update: pretty cool (and totally unexpected) to see 2 bucks make scrapes side by side at the same time. Crazy!

07-Nov-18
Been in Kansas since Halloween. It just getting going where I am!! You hit it right! Shawn

07-Nov-18
The weather doesn’t get much better than this in early November. I have a feeling something is hitting the ground tonight.

07-Nov-18

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Ashland Kansas coop is selling 15 tons of corn per week..........basically a semi truck load. As Bill Murray said at dinner in the movie, What about Bob? "Pile it high and deep." :)

07-Nov-18
Good luck guys hoping for a memorable hunt Lewis

07-Nov-18
Best of luck Pat! I will be heading to Southeast KS this Friday for a Bowhunt. I enjoy following your hunts. Thanks for sharing.

07-Nov-18
Good luck guys. Leaving for Kansas tomorrow, weather is looking good. Ed F

08-Nov-18
Ashland Kansas coop is selling 15 tons of corn per week..........basically a semi truck load. As Bill Murray said at dinner in the movie, What about Bob? "Pile it high and deep." :)

24-25 tons on a semi.

08-Nov-18
Looks like he may be old. Hard to tell from that picture. If he is old, yes. Young, no.

08-Nov-18
Not in Kansas.

08-Nov-18
Not a shooter for you guys given where you're at.

08-Nov-18
Bigger ones will come in. They always do

08-Nov-18
Well, now you ruined my afternoon, will be checking computer non-stop!

08-Nov-18
Nice!!! Let's see him! Congrats!

08-Nov-18
Pat, were there any sightings of the bucks you guys shot at last year?

Just curious if they've been seen again.

08-Nov-18

This 224 inch buck (gross) went down a couple weeks back a little north of the area that Pat and the boys are hunting.........

08-Nov-18
Nice buck madtrapper love the mass!

08-Nov-18
Cool looking deer!

08-Nov-18
I love this thread. I think this is year 4 for me. Good luck!

08-Nov-18
Gorgeous animal

08-Nov-18
Congrats Tom on a great buck!

08-Nov-18
Great buck Tom!

I wanna hear what happened in Jake and Nancy’s 5” base hunt?

08-Nov-18
Congrats Tom!

08-Nov-18
Great deer Tom.

08-Nov-18
Awesome buck Tom. Congratulations. Let’s see the pic Jake!

08-Nov-18
I don't need to....Pat wants to hunt there tomorrow....so maybe he'll kill it.

08-Nov-18
Congratulations, Tom! Beautiful buck.

09-Nov-18
Yeah real nice buck madtrapper, many CONGRATS!!!

09-Nov-18
Congrats Madtrapper!!! Jake pretty please share with us the beast that you allowed to live another day.

09-Nov-18
Great job Tom! Congrats...... redemption...... =D

Wait just a minute...... Jake PASSED on a good buck.....???

You guys been slipping him some Prozac????

LOL! Keep it coming, love this hunt..... inflatables and all.....

09-Nov-18
The Jake I know don't pass nothing!!!! Must not of had 5" bases

09-Nov-18
Jake should not pass A large buck. Remember last year.

09-Nov-18
Pictures, , Pictures, Pictures!!! Pat you are such a tease!!!!!!! You are killing us working guys!!!

09-Nov-18
I love these threads ! Great entertainment on a rainy day in ETexas.

09-Nov-18
Greg- I think he likes to do that as much as killing big bucks! ;-)

09-Nov-18
I gave Pat several photos of my buck....so he'll probably post them later.

09-Nov-18
I gave Pat several photos of my buck....so he'll probably post them later.

09-Nov-18
I cant believe you guys are still coming to KS each year.. figured you had moved on to Oklahoma by now..lol...looks like you're having a great hunt..enjoy

09-Nov-18
Trying to read into Jake’s posts and thinking maybe Pat killed the buck jake let walk?

09-Nov-18
Another one bites the dust

09-Nov-18
TMac, I was thinking Jake killed one . . .

09-Nov-18
Well done. Gotta love a second chance. Rare I would expect to have that happen in the rut

09-Nov-18
Great job Jake! Wow great Big Buck Deer! Monster.

09-Nov-18
Great buck congrats Jake! Curious are his bases 5” or more?

09-Nov-18
Great buck. Jake it makes up for last years void

09-Nov-18
Jake Jake Jake! We have to talk, and talk we shall at P&Y, I want to hear all about it, we shall also discuss Shiras! Congrats to you and Tom!

09-Nov-18
Jake: Dennis can fix that main beam:)

Congrats to both you and Tom!

09-Nov-18
Why in the world would ya fix any antler on a deer? That is how it was when he hit the ground. Congrats!! Shawn

09-Nov-18

09-Nov-18
Don’t feel bad pat we normally don’t need the bows anyway. Just every once and a while

09-Nov-18
The best part is that Pat was in the blind for several minutes before he even realized that his bow was missing. Welcome to middle age, Pat!! LMAO!!! If you are wondering why the previous post was blank, it's because sometimes it's best to say nothing!! LOL......

09-Nov-18
Congrats Jake on a great buck!

09-Nov-18
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

09-Nov-18
Quick pole to make Pat feel better, how many have forgotten our bows on a hunt? A simple YES or NOT YET should suffice...

NOT YET!

09-Nov-18
A photo safari!

09-Nov-18
Quiver and license.... bow not yet

09-Nov-18
Haha, Yes. So fired up to get in the stand, didn't think to get my bow. Realized it halfway thru my 45 minute drive and turned around. Try telling your wife how you could forget your bow after showering and putting on clean underwear. I was determined to bring home a deer and prove myself to be faithful. Killed a young 5 point buck and have been happily married ever since.

09-Nov-18
Good work men... at least couple of you...

09-Nov-18
I’ve never forgot my bow.... That’s definitely a senior moment and I’m not there yet. Now my release is different.

09-Nov-18
Always keep your release attached to your bow and have a backup in your pack. Lesson learned.

09-Nov-18
Thats OK Pat, I once was driving down the road 55 mph and realized my bow was not in the back seat after I just got done hunting. I hit the brakes hard to turn around and you guessed it, it bounced off the hood and I than ran over it as well. Was not that upset about the bow but more so that it put a good dent in the hood of my new truck and I was maybe 25 at the time. Shawn

10-Nov-18
Day 4 To do list:

1. Don’t leave bow in camp.

10-Nov-18
Sometimes when we bow hunt we forget things. We all have different things that we take that others may not. A bow is a given. For Pat, so are running shoes.

10-Nov-18
Congrats Jake on one heck of a buck!

10-Nov-18
I drove 35 miles to hunt and realized my bow was sitting in the grass where I had parked the night before. 35 miles back and it was still there.

10-Nov-18
As you may have noticed, I never post during this hunt. I don't have time. As the FNG (Fine New Guy), it is my job to keep these jokers in line. It is a full time job. I hardly have time to squeeze in a hunt for myself. Take Jake for example. Jake is a fan of wool. Not camo wool, but plain wool. He has a wool turtle neck that, if worn with a smoking jacket, he could double for James Bond. Well the first morning of the hunt, I see Jake in his gray wool turtle neck and black wool pants during the typical chaos that ensues while we load into the trucks. I thought, well he will be adding his camo outer layer when he gets to the tree. Smart move I thought. Jake was hunting the stand that we call the Condo. It is a big tree and Jake figured that his gray and black wool attire would hide him better than camo, so that is all he wore. The condo probably gets the most wind of all of the stands. Wool does not break the wind. They tell me that when they picked Jake up, he was so stiff and cold, the could hardly get him into the truck! When it comes to gear, Jake's motto is "one is none and two is one". So he has two video cameras. He showed me the fancy arms that he uses to support a camera in the tree. They were impressive. I wondered if he used both cameras in the tree. I couldn't help but wonder if he does, with both camera arms and a bow hanger, his set up must look like the antennas set up on a radio station roof! When he first saw the buck that he ended up shooting, he videoed it on his phone. I asked him why he didn't use his fancy cameras and he said that the tree wasn't big enough to hold them! He took a lot of grief that night from passing that buck and during the ensuing conversation about where they were going to hunt the next day, Jake was afraid that Pat was going to go in and shoot that buck, so Jake claimed the stand for the next morning. I knew then and there that he was going to shoot that buck. As to Pat, I must admit that I can't wrap my head around Pat's scent control program. Imagine the horror that I had while eating breakfast by myself one morning (while the two boys slept) when I almost spilled some of my oatmeal on Pat's hunting hat laying on the kitchen table. Jake and I both hang our bows outside on the porch. Pat careful stores his bow on the kitchen table. I wondered about that for a while and quickly concluded that it was a genius move as there would be no way for him to forget his bow. Who am I to question his approach?. He has many more big bucks on the wall than I do. After I tagged out, I decided to head home to get in a few days of rest and work before I head out on my next hunting trip. When my plane landed in Pittsburgh, I got a text from Jake telling me that Pat had gone to the blind and forgot his bow and didn't even notice until he was in the blind! I think that maybe I left too soon...

10-Nov-18
Congrats Jake You got a superbuck

10-Nov-18
Yeah Pat, can’t bring a knife to a bow fight! Hehe

10-Nov-18
You guys are hunting within sight of my friend's ranch on the Cimarron River. I suspect the Box Ranch is also your neighbor, the one Yeti Coolers bought?

10-Nov-18

Thornton's embedded Photo
Beautiful Country!

10-Nov-18
Pat you still waiting for your bow to be delivered?

10-Nov-18
Good Luck Pat!

10-Nov-18
Congrats to Tom and Jake for killing some very nice bucks.

Hopefully, will score soon.

Pat it takes courage to admit your forgetfulness. Because of your forgetful act you have successfully gained membership in to the CRS Club. We have a very large membership. Welcome brother ! !

10-Nov-18
Yep, I wouldn't have said a dang thing. And hope no one noticed. Going pheasant hunting last year I grabbed a 12 gauge out of the safe and grabbed a box of 20ga shells. Had to make exuses all day long why I didn't shoot a single shot.

10-Nov-18
I find it interesting that Mad Trapper has finally stepped up. For the last four years, Pat and I have had some fun with each other (practical jokes, etc)....but we always had to leave Tommy out of it, not knowing if he could handle the abuse. Now that he has grown a set, it broadens the horizons for future banter. BTW Mad Trapper, what was the loud noise on the first morning of our hunt? Oh yeah, I remember, it was you ripping the fire alarm out of the wall, because you triggered it when you burnt the eggs that you were cooking.....after all, that is a really delicate recipe....lol But what really identifies your FNG status is that you wait until you get home, bust our balls on the forum, and THEN text us and ask us to repair/replace the fire alarm for you. Poor form.....but never fear, we have contracted the best, on a per diem basis.....and we're sending the bill to you....BTW, they are driving in.....from Maine. Since I am driving home, and you have asked me to bring your antlers and cape back for you, this opens up even more interesting possibilities....lol!!!

11-Nov-18
good luck today you still have plenty of time and you normally get it done late anyway. you should just book two day hunts that way when you score on the second to last, or last day, it will eliminate the pre-kill waiting period.

11-Nov-18
Good luck today! Look forward to a big ol' Kansas Buck pic!

13-Nov-18
Pat,

Good luck! Seems like a great morning here in Kansas.

13-Nov-18
Hey Pat- take your bow this time! ;-)

13-Nov-18
...and remember where you left the FOB for your rental vehicle.

13-Nov-18
What's this check back tonight bullsheet ? It is night, like right now !

14-Nov-18
You win some, you lose some. Thanks for taking us along, again!

14-Nov-18
I would have loved to see you get a deer, but that's not why I read. It's to hear the stories of people out in the woods when I can't make it. Thank you for that!

14-Nov-18
Good hunt regardless. Nothing is ever a sure thing regardless of where or how. Particularly when you are selective. Next year will be great

14-Nov-18
Congrats guys. Sounds like a fun place.

14-Nov-18
Pat, Sorry for the way the hunt ended you, but it was still a great adventure. Your group was successful with taking 2 really nice bucks and Jake credits Tom with “growing a set” so all and all it was a great time.

Thanks for taking the other Bowsiters along with ya’ll and sharing with us. Always a great annual thread that we look forward to reading.

14-Nov-18
Pat's hunt sounds like my year so far. Except forgetting the bow. Never done that. ;-)

14-Nov-18
Luck runs in streaks it seems. All you can do is hunt hard and make as much of your own as you can! Still a good time with good friends and that is always a success.

14-Nov-18
Dang Pat! Your KS hunt has been like my MN hunt this year. Snakebit.

14-Nov-18
2 for 3 on mature whitetails ain't bad. Thanks for taking us along.

14-Nov-18
also the way the hunt ended should put to end any question on the bow being forgotten. you did not need the thing on any of the 7 days so you could argue that the one day you actually left it back at camp was the one day in seven you actually did the right thing and did not bother lugging it around for nothing.

14-Nov-18
Are you 3 the only guy she has in camp this particular week?

How does choosing which stand to hunt work?

14-Nov-18
Thanks for taking us along! Always enjoy reading about your hunting adventures.

14-Nov-18
Will you be going back for a December/late season attempt?

14-Nov-18
I always enjoy following your hunts Pat! You keep it real and tell the good, bad and the ugly like forgetting your bow. The fact you share it all is admirable and let’s face it it’s good ball breaking material.

18-Nov-18

This one was killed a short distance from where you were hunting Pat. It was shot with a muzzleloader andbit scored 214" gross

• Sitka Gear