Contributors to this thread:
Thehospitabledoc 06-Nov-18
mathewshooter 06-Nov-18
06-Nov-18
12:58 PM LIVE from Al*
Alright gents I just snuck out of work and hopped in the car. Got about an hours drive to my little 40 acre lease in Randolph county AL. Luckily I get an hour back from the time zone change heading from work to the lease, but it will still be a shortish sit.

This is the first year I have leased private land and it has been loads of fun setting up and scouting for the season. There are some good deer on the property per the trail cams which was an exciting find.

Today I'll be sitting a ground blind right on the edge of a little food plot. Planting the plot with no actual equipment was tough but when I last saw it about 3 weeks ago the plot was looking good. I'm excited to check in on it too.

Not sure about the cell service in the blind but I'll update if I can!

More to come....

06-Nov-18
Good luck!!

06-Nov-18

Thehospitabledoc's embedded Photo
The blind
The blind
Made this blind out of some wire fencing, camo burlap, and brush. It's tucked into some live cedars and pretty well hidden. It's been in place about 2.5 months now so I'm hoping they've grown used to it.

06-Nov-18

This is the main buck I am after but there are two other that might trip my trigger on this land. This is about the biggest deer I've ever gotten a picture of and a pretty nice buck for Alabama.

Any guesses on what he may score?

06-Nov-18

Here is the other main buck on the property. Love the brows on this one. I think he is a year younger than the previous deer.

• Sitka Gear