oldgoat 11-Nov-18
snapcrackpop 11-Nov-18
JB44 11-Nov-18
carcus 11-Nov-18
snapcrackpop 11-Nov-18
Trial153 11-Nov-18
ELKMAN 12-Nov-18
08-Nov-18
I hunt in temps from 95 to -10F. Are RC harnesses very adjustable for warm and cold weather clothing? Can the harness be worn underneath the pants?

08-Nov-18
I use a Black Diamond Alpine Bod and never had a problem. Not sure I'd wear it underneath my pants as that would mean the tether is coming out through the zipper. Not the place I want cold air coming in.

08-Nov-18

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
I wear mine as my belt for my regular hunting pants. Any layers added just go over. As far as size you could just contact one of the manufacturers with that question. You tube will probably have your answer as well. There are a million videos on the subject.

10-Nov-18
I wear mine over my pants & under my bibs. EASY! Also I enjoy the fact I don't have to disconnect from the tree to put on my bibs after climbing up.

11-Nov-18
I just bought one to use this year, tried it on and I think it will work great. I'm 5'10" and 215 lb, with big thighs and I ordered an XL. Fits fine over pants, had a good amount of adjustment.

I doubt you can wear them under your pants, too bulky. When I bought mine through REI website they showed measurements for waist and legs. Measure yourself wearing pants and you'll be good to go.

11-Nov-18
When I bought mine the salesman steered me towards one that is favored by rock climbing schools because of its adjustability, Petzl Corax from REI, they have them on Amazon too. I use a Black Diamond Nylon Runner to attach myself to safety rope.

11-Nov-18

altitude sick's embedded Photo
Using one of my set ups on an rock/alpine climb.
I’ve worn climbing harness’s in rock, ice and alpine climbing. I understand that they are very lite. Just curious why you would want the safety rope in front.

11-Nov-18

I’ve worn climbing harness’s in rock, ice and alpine climbing. I understand that they are very lite. Just curious why you would want the safety rope in front.

11-Nov-18
1st of all, safety. Suspension trauma is greatly reduced when hanging in a seated position (RC) so self recovery is less time sensitive. 2nd it is WAY easier to add & subtract clothes & binocular harness with a RC. And you can still wear a hooded coat. 3rd the rope hugs your side most of the time, not interfering with a shot. (Have you ever had a standard full body harness hit the back of your arm-triceps when drawing?) The RC will not interfere with drawing your bow.

11-Nov-18
To be facing the tree when you fall and they also are designed to allow you to hang without harming you, the couple of hunting harnesses I've owned aren't . Plus I have more control of how far I can possibly fall, the way I have mine setup, my butt won't even reach the foot platform and I can lean out to shoot without fear of the pleats in the tether letting loose!

11-Nov-18
Yeah your right. Unless the standard harness lanyard is attached 3-4 feet higher than your head. The lanyard gets in the way. Also. Suspension trauma is a very serious condition. Thanks for clarifying it. I’ll dig out some of my climbing gear and give it a try.

11-Nov-18
All plus's, no minus's in my opinion!

11-Nov-18
Only negatives I've come across is its not the best option for linemans configuration when hanging a stand, but will work in a pinch. That and reaching into pants pockets. That's all I can see as a downside.

11-Nov-18
So why don't manufacturers of hunting harnesses use the rc design???

11-Nov-18
I think the safety harnesses made for hunting will soon be obsolete, I will never again use mine, The RC harness is so superior it ridiculous, I actually stopped using my hss and went back to my old waist belt safety straps(not safe at all) cause I could not stand that type of harness, then I read a thread about the rc harnesses and bought one, I was so pleased

11-Nov-18
Who falls more often and the farthest? Rock climbers. It is not a safety issue.

And I swear almost every hunting video I watch anybody using a traditional harness has that strap way too loose! I don't care what you wear as long as you wear one and stay safe. Good luck hunting to you all.

11-Nov-18
In the 5 or 6 years I been using a RC harness I have never once thought of any time or situation that I wished for a full body harness.

12-Nov-18
Black diamond on amazon

• Sitka Gear