ElkNut1 10-Nov-18
Jaquomo 10-Nov-18
lewis 10-Nov-18
Scar Finga 11-Nov-18
Lv2hnt 11-Nov-18
lewis 11-Nov-18
t-roy 11-Nov-18
09-Nov-18
Well another year is almost in the books and it has certainly been memorable.The line from Forest Gump resonates loudly.Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get. In January Bigdan and I put in for an Az.elk tag together.We have known each other for 30 years but never had an opportunity to hunt together.With his advice my brother and I had taken elk in Montana and Idaho.Bingo we were successful.So a plan was hatched. The workouts became a little more intense. Spring has sprung and along with it comes turkey season and we always have plans to hunt Tn.and Mo. and some states in between.Along this time I got a real bad sinus infection and it was horrible some nights I would go with a couple hours of sleep coupled with a horrible cough. I had a sinus plasti procedure and a ton of antibiotics.I did have some relief but not much. During this mess an old problem returned I went into A-Fib and it was bad.Ended up canceling Mo. and could barely hunt Tn. I had another cartiac ablation at Vanderbilt in June. I thought my health issues were over wrong the sinus problem would not go away. Then in August while crossing a creek my left knee blew out. There would be no Az trip for me. I immediately called Dan and he informed me about a program where I could donate my tag to a wounded warrior and keep my points which I did. I actually felt good about that. Knee surgery was scheduled then canceled because my sinus problem.I now have sinus surgery scheduled in December and as soon as that heals it’s back to the knee surgery. While all this was going on I found out that I have a wonderful daughter born in Ms. in 1969. I attended college in Ms.She was given up for adoption when she was 11 days old. I don’t know who the mother is and probably never will. I do have 3 wonderful grandchildren all are honor students. I did not get married until I was 43 so we have no children of our own.My wife is totally on board.They have visited twice and plan on being here for Thanksgiving. Hope I didn’t bore you all to tears but it has been a crazy year. I will be in a stand or blind in the morning like I have for 50 plus years on my birthday hoping one of my hit listers makes a mistake and if he doesn’t I’ll have plenty to be thankful for and a whole lot of reminiscing to.Hope you all have a great season.Lewis

09-Nov-18
Happy birthday Lewis! I guess lif really is full of surprises.

09-Nov-18
Man, I don't know you at all, but that was great hearing about how you're not giving up and you're making the best out of some bad experiences and good ones. Happy Birthday and great job!

09-Nov-18
Happy Birthday. Hopes less complications for you in 2019. My birthday is in September so most year I spend it hunting elk. The hunting woods are a great place to spend a birthday. I even killed a elk couple years ago on by 40th birthday and had my 13 year old daughter at time beside me. Kill a big one today!

09-Nov-18
Happy birthday Lewis! Hope you get to make the AZ hunt next year. I'm sure there are several Bowsiters down that way that would be willing to help you out.

09-Nov-18
Happy Birthday

09-Nov-18
Lewis, just keep moving forward. Happy Birthday. my best, Paul

09-Nov-18
Happy Birthday.

09-Nov-18
Thanks all still raining here in Tn but I do see a break think I’ll give it a go this afternoon Lewis

09-Nov-18
Good luck to you sir.

09-Nov-18
Happy Birthday Sir.

09-Nov-18
I'll be 72 in March lewis, so I know whereof you speak. Two bad shoulders, two iffy knees, and a right eye that ain't worth beans. I've only bowhunted three times this year because I have no confidence in my ability to make an ethical shot. Coupled with a pacemaker replacement in the middle of bow season, (I wanted to throttle my damn doctor), I'm pretty disgusted with my situation.

But......I'm heartened by your positive attitude and I hate that you missed your hunt with Bigdan. I'm sure that would have been a blast. Hang in there, things are bound to get better !

09-Nov-18
Happy birthday

09-Nov-18

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo
Good Luck Lewis. I lost a good friend and hunting partner this year to brain cancer. We had our annual elk hunt planned and he got sick in late winter early spring. He was 75 yrs old. He was almost 17 yrs older than me. But whenever each of us would draw a good tag, the other would go along for support. We hunted many OTC hunts together around the country. He left a lot of preference points in several states for varies species. I miss him, and just wanted to say he was a big inspiration to me being mid seventies and still hunting hard until he got sick. Good luck and take care of yourself Don’t push it until your healthy. We made a monument for him on top of a peak this year.

09-Nov-18
Sorry for your loss alt hunting buddies are priceless my wife happens to be mine most of the time drycreek I too have a pacemaker I call it a turbocharger plus I had shoulder surgery.Getting old is not for sissies.Hopefully you get to hunt a lot more.Good luck Lewis

09-Nov-18
although not 72 today is my b-day also Happy Happy!

09-Nov-18
Lewis,

Remember what Churchill said, "Never give up!" Happy Birthday.

"Keep on Rockin in the Free World"- Neil Young

09-Nov-18
Be strong man

09-Nov-18
Happy Birthday buddy lets get you fixed up so we can do the elk thing again this year. If we can't get it done this year we can wait till next year

09-Nov-18
Thanks Danny boy we’ll git er done stay safe Lewis

09-Nov-18
You just need to find Clark and go hunting.

Terry

09-Nov-18
Just got in from hunting hey coyote I might have been on that trip who knows lol Lewis

09-Nov-18
Happy birthday!

09-Nov-18
Happy birthday!

09-Nov-18
Happy birthday!

10-Nov-18
Happy Birthday!

10-Nov-18
Happy Birthday!

Good luck, Robb

10-Nov-18
Happy Birthday Lewis! I will be 62 in March and I just had a TKR on my left knee two weeks ago. Do yours early if you plan on hitting the mountains hard in 2019! Takes a little longer to heal when you get older but what do I know I’m still loaded up on Oxi!!

10-Nov-18
Happy Birthday & good luck sir!!!

ElkNut/Paul

10-Nov-18
Lewis,happy birthday and thanks for the inspiration and optimism after all you've dealt with. Give thanks for the blessings each day brings. My wife died a year ago yesterday and whenever I start to feel a little down I remember that she would be encouraging me to press on.

Press on, my friend, and get one of those "hit listers"!

10-Nov-18
Thanks brothers been a great day on stand this am no cigar 27 and a howling wind didn’t even see a squirrel but a great time to reflect most if not all of you understand got back home watched the Vols beat Ky and have a feast of Diann’s chicken and dumplings so good night to all and a good night to all stay safe Lewis

11-Nov-18
Happy Birthday!

11-Nov-18
Happy Birthday Sir!!!

11-Nov-18
Hey Lewis, you're tougher than a Timex, amigo --- congrats on another spin around El Sol! Best wishes for a super day --- get out there and let one fly ...

11-Nov-18
Good day but no cigar good looking buck popped up 200 yards saw decoy puffed up all looked promising until a doe trotted in between us well guess what he did if you picked following the doe you win oh there is always tomorrow Lewis

11-Nov-18
Happy birthday, Lewis, and hopefully many, many more!

• Sitka Gear