drtumolo 13-Nov-18
Fuzzy 14-Nov-18
Kodiak 14-Nov-18
drtumolo 14-Nov-18
Glunt@work 14-Nov-18
drtumolo 15-Nov-18
olebuck 15-Nov-18
11-Nov-18
Does anyone have experience using a Pro-tracker radio tracking system or a similar system? I am color blind and tracking blood is tough. I have been reading about these systems for a few years and really wonder if they work

11-Nov-18
Try Hydrogen Peroxide,It should foam up and help in tracking.Spray it on dark spots that are suspected blood trails.

11-Nov-18
I use a string tracker on my trad bows. They work well out to 20. Modern compounds may be too fast for them though.

11-Nov-18
I'm colorblind too. I'm seriously thinking about going the String Tracker route. I'm just about completely worthless on a blood trail.

11-Nov-18
I’ve seen the strings snap when caught on snags and stumps. Guess that’s the chance you take, it’s better than not seeing blood.

12-Nov-18
I used a string tracker once many, many years ago. Threw it out after the first time I shot it at a deer. The line slid across a twig and pulled the arrow down. Went right under the deer.

12-Nov-18
My last string tracker experience was a flop. Used it on a 55# lb recurve, broke off shortly after arrow hit the buck.

13-Nov-18
I currently use a string tracker with 30 lb test line. It works pretty good except when hunting in extremely thick cover. It tends to snag on brush and either break or pull the arrow out of the animal ( If you don't get a pass thru). The Pro-tracker system seems like it might be a more reliable recovery system in these extreme thick areas.

14-Nov-18
I'm colorblind too. I bought a pair of "Enchroma" color vision glasses and they help a lot

14-Nov-18
Pat, yeah they still sell em, you can even get leather wrapped ones for trad bows. Lol

I'm gonna do it for turkeys and see how it goes.

14-Nov-18
So nobody has seen a Pro-tracker or a system similar in action?

14-Nov-18
My color blind son was amazed when he put on a pair of enchroma glasses for the first time. no idea if the work for blood but he does way better on color tests with them on.

15-Nov-18
I thought about trying the glasses but the cost of the glasses isn't much less then what I can get a pro-tracker system for.

15-Nov-18
you guys are looking in the wrong direction. you don't need a product to help you find the deer. you need a buddy.

get a tracking dog, buy a puppy, live with it, train it to track, and take it hunting with you every time you go.

it will be the best money you ever spend..

i have a german jagd terrier and i use her for finding wounded game exclusively....

• Sitka Gear