Deerdawg 11-Nov-18
carpediem0881 11-Nov-18
spike78 11-Nov-18
UrbanHunter 11-Nov-18
mrw 11-Nov-18
carpediem0881 11-Nov-18
11-Nov-18
10:21 AM LIVE from Ma*
Tracking day. Found he changed his direction of travel into thick pine and brush. Will keep you all posted

11-Nov-18
Carpediem I’m really hoping u find him. Stay positive and take your time, you will find him. My son and I spent all day yesterday looking for a Buck I hit Friday night. We jumped him almost 22 hours after initial shot 350 yards east of where he was shot. The heavy rain washed almost all the blood away after finding 3 spots where there was still blood under the leafs then nothing. We grid searched that whole ridge .played the hunch “they go to water” Get help & Go get him! Good Luck!

11-Nov-18
We tracked blood another 30 yards. Then lost it, started gridding up to the house and back

11-Nov-18
Any crows sqauking? Is he headed in one direction?

11-Nov-18
Yeah heading in one direction now crows

11-Nov-18
Follow the birds.Sit and wait for a while they will guide the way.

11-Nov-18

carpediem0881's embedded Photo
He crossed the road, found a good clot

11-Nov-18
Keep on him Blood old? Dried? He in his death bed keep looking Good luck

11-Nov-18

Crossed another street

11-Nov-18
Good tracking job so far!

11-Nov-18
nice work! how far has the buck gone so far?

11-Nov-18
Good job tracking so far. I always find it amazing how much I learn about these incredible animals when I am tracking one after the shot.

11-Nov-18

Here is the summary boys, I started tracking at 9:30, had to wait for the wife to get home to cover kiddos.

Went to the last known blood spot and started searching, found a couple more spots within 30 yards and then went dry.

My buddy got there around 10:30 and we grid searched a couple areas til 2:30 that was really thick and looked like a good bedding area.

We headed back to the last blood spot and started looking along the long stretch along the houses and thick low pines. I went to the road to see if I could see blood on the road and my buddy spotted a clot about 40 yards from the road, I started towards him and found another clot 5 yards off the road. We then followed a blood trail across the road and in a small section of woods between houses and wetlands.

That led us to another road and found blood on the road and picked it up across the other side for about 70 yards to a large hill and area that was wide open with large mature hardwoods. Lost the blood trail at a small brook. At this point we were about a 1.25 miles at least from the impact site. I gave deanman a call and we chatted and we decided he was out and about.

Lots of lesson learned on this hunt. Although I have only been hunting for 5 years, I have only taken shots within 20 yards. I decided to take this shot at 15 yards and wish I had waited to see if he presented more broadside.

Along the walk we found bear scat, porcupine bedding area, tons of deer activity in the grid areas and got a ton of tracking practice.

• Sitka Gear