Bou'bound 17-Nov-18
GLP 18-Nov-18
standswittaknife 19-Nov-18
JayG@work 19-Nov-18
Jaquomo 19-Nov-18
11-Nov-18

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
I’m about to fly out for Columbus then onto Muskingum County for a week of hunting. I look forward to this hunt after the day from the previous year.. the family i hunt with are amazing and can’t wait to see them. Can’t wait to get them out to elk hunt with me. Snowing here in Denver but looks like perfectly cold weather for the week I’m Ohio.. on the edge of my seat and cannot wait! Here’s to starting another seminlhbe hunt!

11-Nov-18
That's one stiff drink!!

11-Nov-18
Good luck Danny!

11-Nov-18
Have fun

11-Nov-18
Will keep watch on this. Good luck and be safe. Greg

11-Nov-18
Best of luck!

11-Nov-18
Good luck Danny!

12-Nov-18
Finally in stand day one.. here we go..

12-Nov-18
Good luck !

12-Nov-18
Good luck, Danny

12-Nov-18

Not he best pic but this little guy just strolled through

12-Nov-18
Is that a bobcat?

12-Nov-18
That camo blends right in....can barely tell that`s a hat....lol

12-Nov-18
Can’t get the pic to turn but it’s a small 8 pt

12-Nov-18
I can’t see for crap! Good luck man.

12-Nov-18
Ok.. got it to work..

12-Nov-18
Hey leave my Kuiu alone!

12-Nov-18
Best of luck Danny!

12-Nov-18
Thanks Russ!

Ohiohunter.. they don’t.. I’m from Colorado and had to bring it.. starting to sprinkle now but supposed to turn to a skiff of snow my morning.. had to clean up a couple shooting lanes on the stand I’m in tonight..

12-Nov-18
Good luck Danny! Kill yourself a big old OH monster!

12-Nov-18
Didn’t see a deer tonight, which is always unusual in these farms, but did have a buck grunting to my left but he never showed.

13-Nov-18
Had a great chase go on behind my Stand for quit a while. Never did see the buck but he was grunting the whole time. Did have a small 6 come under the stand as well as another small 8 bed about 100 yds from me for about an hour. Bout to head back out. Best to everyone out there..

13-Nov-18
Back in stand on the west side of the property. I’ve never hunter this stand as I’ve never been here and had the right wind. Windally i do. Seen lots of great bucks come out of this neck of the property from other stand that can see down in here as well as my climber over the years..

13-Nov-18
Wind was perfect for this sit and one single doe came in to my left about 100 yards and something spooked her.. not sure what is was as i could see her with my binoculars through the timber. She was not looking in my direction but something Behind her had her flustered and she blew for twenty minutes. That was it.. not sure what had her up in arms but that’s how it goes..

13-Nov-18
Following from KS, good luck Danny boy!

13-Nov-18
Good luck with your adventure. Knock down a big one.

14-Nov-18
Finally saw what i think was a shooter chasing a doe below me. Just had a brief look at him but from first glance he looked good. Had a nice your 8 rt under stand at first lite but needs more time. I also finally got to move as a doe was on lock down with me for about 15 minutes.. she eventually didn’t like what she saw and mosied off.. 37 degrees and calm..

14-Nov-18

Best day yet. Saw five bucks tonight but still waiting on a “shooter”. Took pics of this little guy.. could be weathered out tomorrow but typically i don’t mind hunting in the rain some.. but freezing rain could be different. We’ll see.. good luck to everyone!

14-Nov-18
"Stands".....you`re not allowed to say "shooter" anymore....lol

15-Nov-18
Ok.. so the freezing rain had won the morning BUT! I’m headed out in the rain mid morning to set up my climber and hunt it tomorrow then off to another stand later..

15-Nov-18
Still raining but I’m out in stand.. lots of deer moving so maybe I’ll get lucky

16-Nov-18

They pulled some cards last night and one good shooter was on them.. still at night. It’s snowed a tick last night and is 31 degrees perfect weather. I’m sitting in stand with two pocket warmers in my face mask and two in my pockets. Becoming a wimp but they are wonderful.. got two more full days to hunt. Plenty of time.. the trees yesterday were froze making it gorgeous and very cold..

16-Nov-18
Windy today, stay warm! I went out yesterday afternoon and only saw a lone doe. Won't get out until Sunday.

17-Nov-18
Last day.. could not believe it but i sat almost 11 hours yesterday and never saw a deer. Doesn’t happen much here but it certainly did yesterday.. have two dots left and then back to Colorado. Been a fun week but much slower than I’m used to. Hopefully today will prove better..

17-Nov-18
Keep at it. Been slow for me in Ohio all year. Only takes a second to change the season though!

17-Nov-18

Last night out for another year. It’s been fun, sometimes frustratingly slow but thats hunting. I never saw a deer again the morning but others hunting the farm today had plenty of action. Nothing shot, but they were moving just not in my neck of the woods. Tonight I’m hunting the bottom farm land that has strips of timber. Only hunted this once before in 14 years but they can catch a monster down here sometimes. Brought the decoy out tonight..

17-Nov-18
Good luck Danny...any given moment!

17-Nov-18
Well hell, it’s over for the week. Funny how you look forward to these weeks all year and when they come they are over in a blink. I put a to of hours on stand and this was just not my year. I’ve never come out and not at least has a glimpse or opportunity at a good one but this was my year to have an off year. Thanks for hanging in. Good luck to all those out still grinding and having fun. Hope to get home and get the dogs out offer some geese before tax season starts.. sad day when the bow gets put away for the year..

17-Nov-18
Well hunted. Thanks fir sharing

18-Nov-18
Enjoy your threads and comments. Greg

19-Nov-18
Danny, was hoping to see a last day, last hour hero pic of you with a bruiser whitetail. Sorry it didn't happen for you this year but not like this drops your overall hunting success ratio by very much!

19-Nov-18
Not this year Russ!

19-Nov-18
I really enjoyed reading your thread. Maybe next year a bruiser is in your cards. Maybe mine too. Lol

19-Nov-18
Danny, sometimes its like that, but knowing everything can change in 30 seconds is what keeps us going. You hunted well, just didn't happen. Have a safe trip back home!

• Sitka Gear