Gratco 12-Nov-18
WV Mountaineer 12-Nov-18
Kevin Speicher 13-Nov-18
MDcrazyman 13-Nov-18
patdel 14-Nov-18
11-Nov-18

Gratco's embedded Photo
Gratco's embedded Photo
I shift the biggest deer of my life Thursday Morning. At the show, he hunkered down, tail tucked and ran off at a medium pace. I waited an hour to get down and look at the arrow/spot of impact. Upon looking at the arrow, it was clean, however there was bright red blood everywhere and some with bubbles in it. I tracked this deer for over 250 and found a spot where he stopped and absolutely poured blood on the ground. It was bright red and thick... left and came back hours later and tracked for another 600 yards to only lose the trail. By the end of the blood trail, it was the size of a pen head. I’ve attached pictures of the blood. Question is, do you think this deer is dead? I plan on going back again to the last spot of blood to see if crows are in the area.

11-Nov-18
Where did you hit him? And how did he react after shot?

11-Nov-18
Where did you hit him? And how did he react after shot?

11-Nov-18
Im going with one lung? Can live with one, hope it lays down and goes into shock.

12-Nov-18
It looked perfect. He hunkered down and ran off with tail tucked. He wasn’t at a full sprint, but he was also an old big brute.

12-Nov-18
It’s arterial blood for sure. Full of oxygen by the color. I don’t know what else to say other then keep looking.

13-Nov-18
What were the results of your follow up efforts? Were you able to find him?

13-Nov-18
Ok man, my buddy has hit 2 deer that way this year and he has found both, he just looked and looked and looked, he was using some shitty broad heads that didn't work well and it made his and the deers life hell but he recovered both as he looked for almost 2 days straight, never give up

14-Nov-18
If you didnt push him, and he went 850 yards without laying down, I suspect a muscle hit. Through the backstraps maybe? Deer will probably not be recovered.

You still have to look, and I wish you luck.

• Sitka Gear