Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Alzy 12-Nov-18
hoyt-6190 12-Nov-18
jstephens61 12-Nov-18
Brotsky 12-Nov-18
APauls 12-Nov-18
12-Nov-18
I have been shooting the same 2 dozen FMJ 340s for many years; I’m looking to purchase new ones. When I checked out Easton’s website, I see there are many options to choose from. Were my originals from 10 years ago the 6mm? I sold my remaining arrows with a bow. Are inserts and nocks specific to each size? Are match grade straighter? Will standard broadhead threads fit? I couldn’t find any answers on the web site.

12-Nov-18
The original FMJ 340 arrows should be the 5mm shafts. Everything should be the same as before as far as inserts go. Standard broadheads should work fine.

12-Nov-18
I went with the 5mm when I had to purchase more this year. I can tell no difference.

12-Nov-18
Alzy, get the 5mm 340 FMJ, that will be identical in every way to the one's you have now.

12-Nov-18
5mm are the standard, 4mm are "extra thin" and 6mm are relatively new and made I don't know why. But I bought a dozen 6mm cause Wholesale sports was closing down and they were half price. They kill fine as well. And they were in autumn red so they look sexy.

• Sitka Gear