Kodiak 13-Nov-18
rooster 13-Nov-18
Sam Dunham 13-Nov-18
APauls 13-Nov-18
Windwalker 14-Nov-18
Kodiak 14-Nov-18
MT in MO 14-Nov-18
12-Nov-18
Opinions on longevity and shooting characteristics?

12-Nov-18
Bought one back in 2002 and shot it for 12 years until I decided to buy a 2014 Elite E35. It is now my back-up bow. The one thing I really like about it, it is very easy to tune as you only have one cam to sync.

12-Nov-18
Thank you for the reply.

12-Nov-18
Best bow I ever had. Shot it for 10 years and it crapped out. I too shoot an Elite E35 now. Great bow as well.

Lee

12-Nov-18
That bow almost shot by itself. I’ve had more Robin Hood shots with that bow than all my others combined twice. I did go through several sets of limbs with it though.

12-Nov-18
Seems to be a theme here. I loved mine also, sold it unfortunately and now I also shoot the Elite E35

12-Nov-18
Been shooting mine with fingers for the last 17 years. Great tough long ATA bow. The original handle made it easy to torque. Never done any maintenance except a few strings.

13-Nov-18
Thank you, have one on its way.

13-Nov-18
My brother owned a bow shop for about 15 years and I shot out of his shop.I would get a new bow every year. It was one of the best shooting bows I every shot. The Q2 XL and the Hoyt UltraTec with command cams where my two favorite bow.

13-Nov-18
Q2XL brings back great memories. I absolutely loved mine. I was hunting in October back in the day and a deer hunt turned into a squirrel hunt. I killed five squirrels that morning with one judo point walking an old logging road. One squirrel short of a limit. Enjoy the one you bought. They are shooters >>—>

13-Nov-18
Bought a used one years ago, and it is the best hunting compound I have ever owned. After about five years a limb delaminated while hanging in my Florida garage. Matthews replaced it free of charge. I can pick this bow up and shoot it more comfortably and more accurately than any I have owned.

13-Nov-18
I own 3 Q2XL. I bought new limbs ( lower poundage ) but will never buy another bow. Bought an extra, the last year they were produced and kept it in the box for about 5 years, just to have it. I still hunt with the first one purchased. It’s gotta be at least 15 years old. It’s the best shooting bow I’ve ever owned.

13-Nov-18
Sam, you gonna gap shoot with it?

13-Nov-18
I bought one for my son a couple of years ago. great bow. He's still shooting it at 25.

13-Nov-18
I loved my Q2LX. I killed my biggest buck and a bunch if other critters with it. Got the itch for a new bow after 10 years or so. I had the cam changed out and gave it to my oldest boy. I don't think he has taken it out of the case since I gave it to him.

13-Nov-18
No Kodiak I have decided that I will use a sight and all the trad elitist attitudes have driven further away from it. I think shooting trad since 1995 will make me crack shot with the Q2 and will buy another one and likely sell out every trad bow I own. I started with compound and think I will end with one. I like ground hunting and the 49-yard shots will be easier and keep me out of trees. I am coming full circle and plain on taking advantage of the opportunities I have had to pass over the years.

13-Nov-18
The Q2 was one of a run of awesome bows Matthews pumped out along with the Outback, Switchback and Switchback XT. There was about 10 years there where those bows were flat out comfortable shooters.

14-Nov-18
I have Q2XL that is in excellent condition. Has never been shot much. Would sell it if anyone is interested.

14-Nov-18
I know what you mean Sam. Good luck with the bow.

14-Nov-18
A friend of mine still hunts with his. I still hunt with one of its older brothers, the MQ1...I think he had Mathews replace the limbs awhile back on their lifetime warranty. Like my MQ1 it started losing poundage after about 10 years and would not exceed around 50lbs draw weight. Replaced the limbs at it shoots like new...

• Sitka Gear