WV Mountaineer 13-Nov-18
Ambush 13-Nov-18
Buffalo1 13-Nov-18
Cocoon Man 13-Nov-18
Kurt 13-Nov-18
Cocoon Man 15-Nov-18
Shaft2Long 17-Nov-18
13-Nov-18
Anyone using a Kuiu Peloton 240 Hoody. I am looking for a hoody for hunting whitetails and wanted one that is somewhat wind resistant. Is the hood fairly quiet when you turn your head and how does the hood fit as far as blocking your vision when you turn your head?

13-Nov-18
One of my favourite jackets. Amazingly warm for its weight. The hood fits good and moves with you and it’s quite wind resistant. If I’m mountain hunting and moving, I can wear it over a 200 weight merino down to about 28F and be cool but comfortable. The only downside to the Peloton is if you sweat, it will stink.

13-Nov-18
I have one. It’s the cats ass.

13-Nov-18
“It’s the cat’s ass.”

Like I said, they do stink. lol.

13-Nov-18
I don't have a 240 peloton hoody but have been using the 210 merino blend hoody by Kuiu. It is a very nice mid layer when actively hunting. I wouldn't use it for whitetails when tree stand hunting because it is just too thin. It seems like it's about 1/3 the thickness and warmth of a regular cotton hoody.

13-Nov-18
Been tossing around getting one of these or the Ultra Kenia puffy. I’m sure Kenai is warmer. But, how well would it work for an insulating layer versus the 240 peleton in a treestand?

13-Nov-18
WV, I use the Kenai on stand, works wonderfully underneath my fanatic. Up here I use a 240 insulating layer underneath that as well so take your pic lol

13-Nov-18
Believe it or not, that was just the info I was looking for.

I’ve always been a wool button up or microtech Guy button up shirt guy directly over my base layer. But, find myself using a couple baselayers now with a vest or a couple puffy coats over top. It does good but, my puffy jackets are loud.

I like synthetics for extended hunting. I know they stink after a couple days. So do I. Merino rocks but, it sure takes a lot to dry it in comparison. So, I buy extra synthetics and change out or, I quit taking my allergy medicine and let natural congestion help me bear the funk. :^).

Think I’m gonna get me a Kenai for sure

13-Nov-18
I have the Kenai as well. Puffy and warmer. Too warm for hiking but a better choice for sitting. The sleeves are a bit tight so you won’t get much under it.

13-Nov-18
I have a 240 jacket (no hoodie). Nice, warm & quiet.

Tested it in Africa this past Sept. Cool mornings (38-45*) it was great. The only down side to the peloton is that it snags easily on the thorn bushes. Of course, what doesn’t snag in thorn bushes ?

13-Nov-18
I have the 240 full zip, no hood. In colder weather I wear the Kenai as my outer layer because it is quiet but not very wind resistant and layer the 240 peloton under it to help block the wind. I like the thumb holes, seals the gap between my gloves and the sleeves. I think I will get the hooded one and maybe E-bay the one without the hood if I like the hood. Was concerned about the fit and if it follows head movement. I use a poly hoody now, but you could throw a cat threw it, doesn't block the wind very well.

I use the 240 peloton as an outer layer a lot in early season, wish it had a chest pocket.

Thinking about the Kenai beanie also.

13-Nov-18
Really like my 240 full zip Peloton with the hood. It has the first hood I ever liked. I usually wear a ball cap or warmer billed cap and the hood is great to keep the wind off your neck. I can turn my head with it on and still see too, but have a shorter neck than some. Anyway, after I saw Ambush wear his Peloton in some colder weather I decided to get one. Used it spring bear hunting, helping a buddy on a backpack Stone hunt and on two Mt caribou hunts this fall. Worked really well for me, and I didn’t even think it stunk after 10 days of backpacking! Of course there was so much smoke in the air this late summer/fall that my nose was likely ruined.

15-Nov-18
Any of you have the 210 merino hoodie? how does it compare to the 240?

17-Nov-18
Are the peloton and Sitka core series an apple to apples comparison?

• Sitka Gear