ELKMAN 01-Jan-19
Boris 01-Jan-19
AZ8 01-Jan-19
Shaft2Long 01-Jan-19
Shawn 01-Jan-19
13-Nov-18

Ucsdryder's Link

13-Nov-18
Definitely something new. Only time in the field will decide if it’s good innovation and manufacturing.

I mean, it can’t compare to having a squeegee on your bow like the new Hoyt, but they’re at least trying.

13-Nov-18
But it says Mathews on it!!!

13-Nov-18
I don't understand how changing a module changes draw weight. Interesting.

13-Nov-18
Ohio hunter it would also be great for aging hunters or hunters that want to shoot 3d or target during the summer. It’s pretty awesome.

13-Nov-18
Personally I like the looks of the traverse.

13-Nov-18
Innovation every year. Can’t wait to shoot one

13-Nov-18
And you better bloody get ready!!!

Don’t make us Mathews fans look bad.

13-Nov-18
Pat I’m not asking you to spoil the review but thoughts vs the triax?

13-Nov-18
interested...just watched the Lancaster review of this one. pretty cool.

Still shooting the Halon which I really like. Not big on the weight but it shoots great for me.

Scott

13-Nov-18
Just shot one with 70 lb mods. Not for me at that weight. Took me several tries to pull it back. Zero to 70 on the pull. Maybe i am just weak, but i didn't care for it. At least at that weight. Didn't have time to try other weights

13-Nov-18
Ryan, what weight and what bow are you shooting now?

13-Nov-18
Peco. Diamond sb edge 1 set at somewhere in the 60s and a Mathews ovation set in the 60 s as well. 70 pound limbs. My guess is 65 ish but haven't scaled it in a while. I can draw either sitting, standing, kneeling, slowly.

13-Nov-18
I also shot a halon and it seemed fine. I think g it had 70 pound limbs on it but I don't know what it was set at.

14-Nov-18
I went on the Matjews website and tried to find the weight. Looks like they tried pretty hard to hide it given it scrolls you down past the specs when you select specs.

4.67# for a 30" ATA bow. Does that follow the current convention of not including dampener weight?

27-Dec-18
Pat, how is that review coming along.....:)

27-Dec-18
Vertix this, Vertix that. I really have had enough of it. I really want to get my hands on the Traverse.

27-Dec-18
Am in Ks hunting.Buddies back home raving about it.Walked in a shop here to see one.Bought it,goodby Realm X. Smooth,fast and extremely quiet!Extremely.

27-Dec-18
I shot the Vertix, Triax and the Halon recently. The new grip on the Vertix is money. I really liked it. Dead in the hand. Little harder on the draw cycle than I'm used to from my current bow, but I'll get used to it. Hard back wall. Didn't feel all that heavy to tell the truth.

I ordered the Vertix. They said it would take 6 weeks to come in.

I'm pretty excited. I haven't had a new release bow EVER. Always have bought the last year's model the year after they came out. My last bow was the Heli-M and I bought it 2 years after they were introduced.

I'm now struggling with what rest and sights to buy. Will Spott Hogg custom make me a 4 pin slider?? I need to email them

27-Dec-18
double

27-Dec-18
Bake, Spot Hogg will customize to your specs. I have a three pin slider with green, yellow, green. You can have all different diameters too. I have a Tommy Hogg but really do wish it was available on a quality dovetail at a reasonable price.

Did you happen to shoot the Traverse? I hunt a lot with puffier clothes on and am a little concerned about brace height.

27-Dec-18
I didn't shoot a Traverse. I don't believe they even had one in the shop.

I didn't even think about puffier clothes and the brace height, to be honest. My shooting coach/bow guru has really hammered grip and shortened me up to my proper 27.5 draw length, and I haven't had an issue with string/arm contact since.

The Vertix I shot was too long for me, 28.5, and I was wearing a Sitka Kelvin jacket when I shot, and I didn't have any issue with string contact

27-Dec-18
Thanks, good to know. I’m hoping to shoot a few bows when I head to the big city in a few days. I’m shooting a Heli’m and a Drenalin still, and to be honest am very partial to Mathews. Just have to wait till they build something that makes me want to buy another one bad enough.

27-Dec-18
I dropped my Heli-M about 12 feet out of a tree this year. Not going to tell the story so I don't get beat up by the Bowsite safety harness police. But anyways, it very slightly bent the top wheel. Good reason to convince my wife that I "need" a new bow :). And the Vertix felt good. We shall see I guess

I'm definitely a Mathews fan. Was a Hoyt guy, but I still haven't forgiven Hoyt for the Trykon

27-Dec-18
If I were to buy a new bow it would be either the Traverse or the Realm X. Mathews has out out some great offerings this year.

27-Dec-18
I shot one on Monday. I don't know the weight of the bow but it felt really light. Being it was fully setup, I was really surprised at how easily it carried in the hand. It was perfectly balanced as well. While not as quiet as the shorty they put out last year, it was miles quieter then the Hoyt's and Bowtech's I shot. It pointed and shot accurately effortlessly. I'm not brand loyal to any bow but, this is the easiest to shoot bow I have ever fired.

28-Dec-18
I bought a Traverse yesterday. Going to set it up today. I need a full shoulder replacement and went with 60#s. It goes all the way down to 39#s, so should be good to work my way up after my 4 month recovery. I shot the Vertix as well but the Traverse seemed to balance better and was quieter and had virtually no vibration after the shot at all. I got all black as all the stuff on my ZXT will fit the Traverse. Got a great buy as well. I will post some numbers tonight. I set up a .600 spine arrow that weighs 284 grains and shooting 40#s will give me 7 .1 grains per pound. Hoping to be back to shooting 60#s by August!! Shawn

31-Dec-18
After seeing Pat's review, I went to my pro shop today and shot the Vertix. It is easily the most balance, pleasurable bow I've ever shot. Absolutely dead in the hands. Bought one on the spot. I can't wait to see how it performs on the home range.

31-Dec-18
JTV try the Traverse, absolutely dead in the hand and quiet as can be. I set mine up and shot as much as my shoulder would allow. 41#s 285 grain arrow at 27.5" draw so 7 grain per pound of draw weight and managed 251 fps so I would say at 5gpp. and my short draw I would be up around the 280's. The string angle is so good on the Traverse I shot it with fingers some and no pinch at all. I am gonna love it. All this talk about changing mods to change draw weight with the Vertix is not really needed. I bought a 60# Traverse and it goes from 38#s to 62#s and it does not loose a bunch of efficiency when dropping down in weight like a lot of bows. Shawn

31-Dec-18
Me too, JTV. My current bow is 37" A2A. The Vertix is just good enough to rationalize the switch.

31-Dec-18
As someone who rarely buys a new bow, has a bum rotator cuff in his bow arm and a multi-species bucket list, the modular weight options are an attractive feature.

31-Dec-18
Mathews sucks, but a prime

31-Dec-18
Well that’s a Convincing argument hung fo......

01-Jan-19
ohiohunter has it right with his assessment of their current line up. But you have to admit they make some of the finest boat anchors in the archery industry...LMAO

01-Jan-19
I am a little confused here. I change or get a new bow, maybe every 8-10 yrs. That bow takes many deer and turkey for me. I still have 9 arrows that are goldtip left. Bought in 2000. Now, I mainly use them for 3D. I have a ruger rifle that I bought in 1977. I put about 200-300 rounds through it every year. I have not changed that gun. I have added to my collection. But not got rid of any. Why in bowhunting/archery does one have to go change equipment every year. Why is it that in the traditional end of bowhunting. These guys use the same bow for 15-20 yrs. The only change are the arrows or broadheads. I know people will say technology advancements. Others will say R&D. As a friend of mine once said, you have a good engineer and a good tool and die maker. They can have a new bow up and running in less than a week. My friend is a master tool and die maker with over 40 yrs. experience. I guess I don't understand.

01-Jan-19
I’m also confused. I’ve been able to change the draw weight on my Bear archery bow without needing a press, nor having to change the limbs. Bear and other manufactures have been doing this for many years on their bows.

How is this innovative?

01-Jan-19
AZ8 - Its innovative because changing just the mods takes the bow from peak weights of 60-75lbs. You are not doing that on your bow. Add in the range of weight when you let out the limb bolts and the weight range is even greater.

Boris - some people just like to shoot new bows.

01-Jan-19
Again I am a Mathews fan but the Vertix is just hype, again the Traverse 60# bow will go from 38 to 62#s. I understand that I am screwing the limbs in and out but it is not like it used to be. Used to be a bow performed best at peak weight and to some extent it still is true but today's bows lose little efficiency even when turned down in poundage. Also I believe the Traverse should be the flag ship bow. I thought it handled and shot quite a bit better than the Vertix!! Shawn

• Sitka Gear