Jethro 19-Nov-18
Rut Nut 19-Nov-18
320 bull 19-Nov-18
Candor 22-Nov-18
drycreek 22-Nov-18
Genesis 22-Nov-18
1boonr 23-Nov-18
17-Nov-18
My good friend, Marion James, aka M.R. James, is three years older than me. He has hunted for 47-straight days. That is every day since Indiana deer season opened. How in the heck can he muster that kind of motivation? I could not hunt 47-straight days if I shot them out the kitchen window.

And, he is hunting two specific deer, one in Indiana and one in IL, just a short drive from his home in Cattail Valley, IN. Been hunting the same two, for two years,that I know of. That's dedication. Did I mention, he is three-years older than me?

17-Nov-18
It's good to have goals no matter how old you are. Good to see M.R. is living life to its fullest! I wish him the best of luck.

17-Nov-18
I'm sure M.R. can't imagine posting incessant gibberish online. To each their own

17-Nov-18
Over the counter Will- I'm sure you are right. And I seriously doubt you know much of anything. But that's okay.

17-Nov-18
Bowriter has done nothing but put our sport in a positive light for many years.. i like his gibberish.. and MR is a stud..

17-Nov-18
Mr. James's writing has inspired me since I was a teenager. I would bet that everything from the season changes to the wildlife pulls him into those trees. Great ambassador, writer, and outdoorsman.

17-Nov-18
That he is Hawkeye. When I was forced to switch to a crossbow, I wondered how he would take it. One of the first hunts was with him and he was entirely supportive. When I worked for Bow and Arrow Magazine, we hunted together many times and although in a sense, we were competitors, it bothered our friendship.

17-Nov-18
Sick and Swing is absolutely correct, too. But he forgot to mention, I shoot a crossbow and kill deer with firearms, too. And once, many years ago, I shot a man with a handgun that was loaded with wadcutters. I am truly a terrible person and for the life of me, cannot figure out why, he and those of his ilk, read my posts? Truly a great mystery. Could it be, they simply need something to complain about? Probably, he will enlighten us. But something I have always wondered. Is he the same guy who had his wife arrested for domestic violence when she beat the crap out of him?

17-Nov-18
What goes around, comes around.

17-Nov-18
Why do I think this thread has nothing to do with M.R. James and everything to do with who a certain outdoor writer knows?

17-Nov-18
M.R. is a badass and has an intense passion for bowhunting. That's how he does it. I hope I'm still going strong like him when I reach his age. He gives me hope for my later years.

17-Nov-18
Sounds like "Like my String"has nothing better to do with his life than Troll.AND play with his string.

17-Nov-18
Glad he has id’d Two SHOOTERS

17-Nov-18
oh boy

17-Nov-18
There once was a man from Nantucket his —— was so long he could?

17-Nov-18
How far the mighty have flown or is it fallen.

18-Nov-18
otcwill, what makes you attack another person writing about a friends love for this sport?Are you that unhappy in your life where it makes you feel better to attack? Find something positive to do with yourself than to attack a fellow bow man who is simply bringing attention to another legend of our sport. Go to church, or reexamine yourself and answer the question why would you do something just so uncalled for. Bowriter , I agree with you, trying to hunt 7 days in arrow is tough enough, but 47, M.R. Certainly is an animal for the hunt. Kudos to him and to you for doing what you do. OTCwill, it's not to late for you to become a human being again.

18-Nov-18
This is M.R.'s message from yesterday.

"INDIANA 2018 DEER SEASON DAY 48 -- The 10-pointer I've tried to tag for the past two deer seasons was locked down with a hot doe Friday evening, but when I spotted him Saturday afternoon he was cruising solo in search of another lady friend, but there was no way I could head him off and get a shot. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll see him locked down again with his mind on love. Based on past encounters, that's my best chance to get close enough to finally release an arrow. Stay tuned for my Sunday update. Can't wait to see him again -- preferably at under 20 yards! ????"

18-Nov-18
If I had to describe M.R. James using only one word....that word would be DIGNITY!

18-Nov-18
M.R James is one of the good ones.

18-Nov-18
I remember the feeling when I sold my first article to M.R. James, who was a legend even back then. What an inspiration that acceptance letter was. I read it over and over and still have it somewhere. Knowing he's still going at it hard is a great inspiration today.

Good luck, M.R.!

18-Nov-18
I think he bought one of my first bowhunting articles. I didn't start writing about bowhunting until the late 70's or early 80's. I sold M.R. several before I went to work for Other publications.

18-Nov-18
Sorry....put me in the camp as someone who sees Bowriter as the Uncle Rico of Bowsite. It could spawn from boredom or ego or a little of both.

18-Nov-18
Haha bowfreak

18-Nov-18
thats a lot of typing just to name drop

18-Nov-18
Anyone else notice, Sick and sing has not answered my question. I think he may be the one I heard about.

Either way, it is my intention to delight you all.

18-Nov-18
Better try harder.....

18-Nov-18
M.R. is a true ambassador to our sport. I admire him.

18-Nov-18
I hope he has a bunch of stands or they might be burnt out by now

18-Nov-18
Bowriter ....the reincarnation of TBM !!

18-Nov-18
This is not the first time Bowriter started a thread to laud the efforts of his friend. I don't get the animus. That stated, there's nothing I like well enough to do 47days straight. Though, there are a handful I like to try for a PR.

18-Nov-18
I quite like the musing John, keep it up

18-Nov-18
#lifegoals!

18-Nov-18
More than one “back patter” here.

18-Nov-18
Lou,

You are an inspiration as both a person and a hunter!

Thanks.

19-Nov-18
LB go to church?How do you Bowhunt at church?

19-Nov-18
After reading so much anger and disrespect on Archery Talk for years, I decided to revisit the Bowsite.....only to find the same. We are supposedly all bowhunters that come together in the off-hours or off-seasons to share stories and mutual interest. It is sad to see what social media brings out in people......and that includes myself at times. I'm about ready to give archery websites a long break.......grow up, fellows!!!

19-Nov-18
I know Smarba, he sells Sitka and kills a ton of animals with no atv, therefore I am awesome as well.

19-Nov-18
John,

Screw these guys, I come on here to be entertained, and to learn something. I enjoy your posts and ramblings:) Keep it coming!

19-Nov-18
We all like to be entertained. But many times Bowriter has told us we are stupid if we don't agree with or like what he posts. Nobody has to put up with that. He has earned all the negative comments that come every time he makes a post. Which appears to be every time a thought pops in his head.

19-Nov-18
I've never been big on guys who were obvious shameless self-promoters. Probably why I don't like most of the "Celebrity" hunting shows. I'm gonna leave it at that............................................................ ;-)

19-Nov-18
I have two people in my family who have done what I consider really cool things in their lives. One never shuts up about it. I don't fish with him.

I think the personal attacks are petty BS. Why don't you just stay out of it if you don't like it?

MR is one of few and its nice to give credit where its due. I never sold him an article but I did stay at a Holiday inn last year

Loprofile you crack me up with that "two shooters"

22-Nov-18
OTC Will...That was probably the shortest post that has ever made me laugh.

22-Nov-18
Is this Bowsite, or Romper Room ? Damn !

22-Nov-18
Cheers to the ramblings of Bowriter,actually not ramblings atall.Props to a guy,who still gives it a try,helping others to avoid a fall.

23-Nov-18
Genesis- you must have missed the one about him trying to cause a fall

• Sitka Gear