Fuzz 19-Nov-18
APauls 19-Nov-18
SBH 19-Nov-18
jdee 19-Nov-18
NEIAbowhunter 19-Nov-18
Ollie 19-Nov-18
Charlie Rehor 20-Nov-18
18-Nov-18
Been hunting the same grind for two weeks.rubs everywhere and haven't seen a shooter yet

18-Nov-18
At this time of the year I'm not, they barely even look but late October I always grunt quite a few in.

18-Nov-18
My brother grunted in a big one 2 days ago. Buck grunt got his attention, but wouldn't come. One hit of a doe bleat mixed in with grunt, and he came in on a string.

18-Nov-18
I have this year. I've grunted in two bucks that were about to leave and turned them on a dime

18-Nov-18
Been hunting Kansas all week and the big bucks got one thing on their mind . Not coming in to anything not grunts ,not bleats , not a decoy . They are either nose down cruising or running behind a doe .

19-Nov-18
I rattled one in last week. But most of the bucks we saw were curious, but non-committal to calling. However, my friend grunted to a buck and doe, and the doe came in leading the buck.

19-Nov-18
Eat more fiber and you'll have better luck!

19-Nov-18
This season, during Wisconsin's early part of the bow season and now during the WI firearms season I have heard (and observed) bucks grunting many times. Just two days ago, during Wisconsin's gun opener, I heard at least three different bucks grunting. Yep, they are still out there grunting.

19-Nov-18
I've really never had success grunting or rattling in VA. Once, in MT, I rattled a herd of deer in rifle range but, other than, that calling deer appears a myth to me. :)

19-Nov-18
Yes bucks are grunting on their own but a guy trying to grunt one in isn’t working at this time in the season. In October you sure can but they’re past that stage of the rut. Might get a young buck to come in but a mature buck will just keep going from what Im seeing everyday .

19-Nov-18
I think a grunt to a mature buck at this stage in the game lets him know there’s something there, but really does nothing to attract him to you. Now a wheeze, that’s another story. I always like to think it’s like me telling a big boss “hey get outta here” which in turn makes him think two things, 1.) Who does this twerp think he is, and 2.)why is that buck showing aggression right away, maybe he has a hot doe he’s trying to protect. I think the most perfect and believable situation is when he is directly upwind of me by about 60 yards. This is likely a common time, I (as another deer) would’ve caught his wind and would make that call. That, or if he’s visible to me and beyond 50 yards or so. I wouldn’t do it if they’re too close, or they’ll pick you out right away. Works even better with a buck decoy

19-Nov-18
I hunted the 1st 10 days of Nov in Kansas with horrible reactions to grunting. I was ready to bury my grunt tube. Every single mature buck (5 or 6) that I grunted at, instantly got on edge, turned and trotted way. Every one! I've hunted KS a lot and never had such negative reactions to grunting.

19-Nov-18
Only at night

19-Nov-18
Yes. Just no big boys yet. Have grunted in multiple bucks this year and had multiple bucks under my stand grunting and pushing does.

19-Nov-18
Grunted at 4 different bucks this morning . They would stop, look then put their nose back down and move on.

19-Nov-18
I haven't had much luck grunting this year. Some act like they don't hear and keep moving nose down. Others will stop to look. Two days ago I had what I guessed to be a 150-160" ten pointer moving. He looked when I grunted and when he looked away I immediately doe bleated at him. He turned and walked 4-5 steps my direction and then just turned and walked off. No chance he saw or smelled me.

19-Nov-18
Bucks need to be in the proper mood to respond. Here is southeast Iowa grunting and rattling work well on some days with some deer while others stop and acknowledge they heard you and then they are on their way to wherever they were heading.

20-Nov-18
Grunting will start working again in Kansas after Thanksgiving when estrous does become scarce. Good luck! C

• Sitka Gear