Contributors to this thread:
Twinetickler 19-Nov-18
brewski 19-Nov-18
brewski 19-Nov-18
Twinetickler 19-Nov-18
JohnMC 19-Nov-18
Twinetickler 19-Nov-18
19-Nov-18
I've kicked around the idea of going out and hunting Bonny Res. Don't hear much about it since they drained it. Anybody been out there lately, could a guy have a decent hunt if he was willing to put in the work? Any decent bucks running around?

19-Nov-18
Bonny buck from several years ago . I have found drops from his grand son . There are some big beautiful smart bucks in 103 and they know to hit the private farms as soon as muzzleloader comes. I'd maybe try below the dam. Not as much pressure, but not as many climbable trees as there are above the dam.

19-Nov-18

brewski's embedded Photo
brewski's embedded Photo
Here's the Bonny boy

19-Nov-18
Awesome Brewski, congrats! I was looking at season dates and they aren't real favorable to archers, letting muzzy and gun hunters in the end of October and first of November...You think a guy could do ok on the archery opener, or the week before the muzzy guys get in there? Then go back Mid November after the the first gun season if needed? Thanks for the reply, and congrats on a great buck!

19-Nov-18
I don't know much about about Bonny. But I have bow hunted eastern CO quite a bit. The October split is hit or miss. I did kill my biggest in eastern CO whitetail first few days in Oct but that was kind of a fluke. But with out a doubt the time to hunt eastern CO for whitetails is right after 1st rifle. The second week in November is when you will find them chasing. Last week on the 15th I killed by second biggest CO whitetail and it was barely smaller than the biggest. I hunted 11th, 12th, and 15th this year in Nov. I had a P&Y buck in range each day. The other P&Y buck I killed out there was on the 12th of November a few years ago. If I had 7 seven days to hunt it would be the 9th-thru 16th of November. But the my official statement is hunting whitetails in CO sucks. Don't need anyone else adding to problems of getting tags.

19-Nov-18
Thanks guys for the replies, I have some points built up and can hunt big muleys anytime in my home state, but I sure love hunting ring eyed whiteys and have been curious about 103 for a long time. What would be the top end type of buck on public in 103? Is 140 doable?

• Sitka Gear