Mnhunter1980 23-Nov-18
MichaelArnette 23-Nov-18
DanaC 23-Nov-18
deerslayer 23-Nov-18
Will 23-Nov-18
22-Nov-18

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
I haven’t missed a year of hunting deer with my bow since I started back in 1983. Yesterday I took the first bow I had used to take my first deer out and it all magically came together. I have been fortunate to take some nice deer over the years but this experience was exactly the way I dreamed it happening when I first held this recurve in my hands 35 years ago. A nice aspect was that it was the first day after the Missouri gun season had ended.

Good luck to all those who are still at it.

22-Nov-18
Very nice, congrats!

22-Nov-18
Nice! So it just took a while for the stars to align;-)

Pretty sure I got rid of my old tree bark camo at least 25 years ago:-). Looks like it worked just fine!

Great buck! Congratulations!

What bow you using?

22-Nov-18
Nice buck, Adam. Congrats!

22-Nov-18
Congratulations, Adam! Beautiful buck!

22-Nov-18
That’s a dandy. Congrats

22-Nov-18
Very nice! Congrats!

22-Nov-18
That is a great buck....not much makes it past Missouri gun season. Do you have any of the original grey and black Trebark….I still got some laying around somewhere.

22-Nov-18
Nice buck, classic camo... Congrats!

22-Nov-18
Nice!! I still have those exact pants around here somewhere stuffed in the back of a drawer. Can't bring myself to part with them jsut for the sentiment. Ripped the jacket up pretty good on a "Baker slide" one year.

23-Nov-18
Congratulations Adam. I have a bit of treebark still around as well, although I can't recall the last time I wore any of it.

23-Nov-18
Congrats!!!

23-Nov-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Original RealTree is where it's at, man. Get with the times! lol This is a good ol' Cabela's Whitetail Series wool/gortex jacket that must be around 30 years old. Still wears like new!

Congrats on a beauty of a MO buck, MQQSE!

23-Nov-18
Nicely done in spite of your out of date camo. Maybe one day you will kill a nice WT buck. :) :) my best, Paul

23-Nov-18
Original Realtree like midwest's is actually a very good pattern in these parts. Wish I still had some. Slammer buck btw.

23-Nov-18
Nice deer!! And all the camo proves is that you didn't move, shine, or make noise!

23-Nov-18
Tremendous buck!

23-Nov-18
Congrats great buck Lewis

23-Nov-18
Beautiful Buck and with a Trad bow makes it really special. Now as for that old Camo? Well it still works! lol

23-Nov-18
Great!!! I think as many of us age we start to go back to the simpler things. Congrats. :)

23-Nov-18
Very nice buck.

I still have and wear from time to time the original Mossy Oak “Bottomland” pattern. Still a good pattern.

They revived the old pattern a couple of years ago. Probably their top selling pattern now.

23-Nov-18
Very nice -congrats!!!

midwest - what's with the bib?

23-Nov-18
Nice buck congrats!

23-Nov-18
congrats

23-Nov-18
pm sent APauls

23-Nov-18
Thanks for all the kind words.

To answer a few questions, I used my Damon Howatt Mamba LH 60# recurve and I still have a pile of that Trebark left in both the green and darker black/browns. In this day and age it’s not my number one clothing of choice but primarily since it fits a little snugger these days! Surely it somehow shrinks a little each season due to how old it is. That’s my only explanation.

23-Nov-18
If anyone wants to sell that old crappy tree-bark stuff, just PM me, I'll take it! I think it's the best camo ever made! XL only please, I am old and a little roundish:)

23-Nov-18
The best camo is sitting still.

Congrats.

TMBB

23-Nov-18
Just goes to show we spend way too much time perfecting our compounds with gadgets that light up and Everything else imaginable that you can bolt on a bow.

Not to mention all the things that are hanging in our closets or off of accessory hooks on our bow hangers.

Maybe a roll of camo duct tape for my hands to keep me from reaching for the binoculars or range finder or phone etc.........

K.I.S.S !!!

Congrats on a dandy buck! Maybe some day it will click for me too

23-Nov-18
Beautiful buck!

23-Nov-18
My first piece of 'modern hunting' camo was a Trebark jacket. It was also the first polar fleece clothing I ever bought. Wore it until I got too fat to fit in the thing ;-)

Jim Crumley started it all.

23-Nov-18
That is super cool. The older I get the more I miss the days I hunted as a kid with basic equipment and camo. Congrats on a great buck and nostalgic hunt!

23-Nov-18
Awesome! On all fronts. You got a great buck, and used gear you have enjoyed for years. That's super! My first hunting camo was the original trebark, before he added the leaves. Loved that stuff.

• Sitka Gear