Bou'bound 25-Nov-18
Bake 25-Nov-18
GhostBird 25-Nov-18
Highlife 25-Nov-18
Hunts_with_stick 26-Nov-18
Fuzzy 27-Nov-18
Highlife 30-Nov-18
24-Nov-18
I'm told to bring a knife. If the skinners and trackers have knives why would I need one? Is it needed in case of emergencies and if so should I take my fighting Bowie or just a 6 " tanto ?

24-Nov-18
I've never taken a knife, nor did I ever feel I needed one. You might ask the person that told you that why he thinks you need one.

24-Nov-18
You are told to bring a knife where?

24-Nov-18
Maybe take one that allows you to participate in the skinning process? Always good to have a knife on you, I like my cold steel master Hunter and ultimate Hunter. They will get the job done whatever that job may be.

24-Nov-18
???

Who wouldn't bring a knife on a hunt?

24-Nov-18
Who wouldn't. I'm afraid I my cut myself.

24-Nov-18
My wife says that is part of checking the oil. A real man always has a knife on him . I tend to agree.

24-Nov-18
That`s kind of like someone telling you don`t bother bringing binos. It`s part of the experience.

24-Nov-18
Something inexpensive but decent quality. Then give it to one of the skinners/trackers at the end of the trip. It will be much appreciated.

24-Nov-18
Dave...bring whatever feels comfortable in your loin cloth as you are sitting naked with the baboons...haha (inside joke)

24-Nov-18
I guess the simple solution would be to ask the person that advised you to bring a knife; “What will I be using the knife for?”

Go from there.

24-Nov-18
Teiling me to bring a knife would be like telling me I needed to breath. I travel no where without one, maybe in my check in luggage but I will have it when I get there. I'd be asking why are you telling me this and WHAT KIND and size should I bring since you are telling me to bring one. DANNY

24-Nov-18
Might be a gift for the guide. But you wern't told that yet!

24-Nov-18
Peyton can't believe I got so many bites on this ;)

24-Nov-18
What do you use for a haul rope?

24-Nov-18
Presume since you say skinners and trackers, you mean Africa. Been to Zimbabwe once and SA twice never took a knife and never needed one.

24-Nov-18
I would ask the question- "Why does a hunter need to bring a knife?' Anytime, anywhere I'm in the woods I have a knife on me. I have carried my Case pocket knife with me on every trip to Africa. Would not consider otherwise.

24-Nov-18
You people know Dave is just baiting you guys.

24-Nov-18
Crocodile Dundee had a knife.........

24-Nov-18
Sometimes it's just too easy;)

25-Nov-18
Aren`t half the threads on here "baiting"?

25-Nov-18
Havalon piranta

25-Nov-18
I took my Bark River to RSA in 2016 and never took it out of the sheath. I took it to Russia this year, but never got it because my luggage was lost. I would have used it every day had I had it.

I don’t feel like I’m hunting if I don’t have my sheath knife. I carry the thing turkey hunting for crying out loud

25-Nov-18
Bowie, for sure.

25-Nov-18
"Strangle it with your hands" Oh Grasshopper that's what a garrote is for ;>

26-Nov-18
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

27-Nov-18
Dave I have one you can take. I'll carry it for you. Just Buy my plane ticket.

30-Nov-18
Cecil Where are you I had you paged 3 times ? We are at gate 9. ;)

• Sitka Gear