sam 22-Dec-18
Trial153 22-Dec-18
ELKMAN 23-Dec-18
24-Nov-18
Those who purchased 2019 Hoyt RX3 Carbon do you have any feed back

24-Nov-18
I’ll let you know if I ever receive it.

24-Nov-18
Shot a few last weekend. Not impressed, certainly not 1600$ bare bow impressed. My 2014 bow will kill just fine in 2019.

24-Nov-18
I’m shooting all of the 2019 stuff this week. Realm X, Traverse and RX3 are on the top of the list for sure...

24-Nov-18
I posted on this previously but I too was not impressed. I wanted to like it so bad but compared to the others I shot it just didn't do it for me. I won't go into detail but I've about got myself convinced my 2011 CRX 32 will be just fine for another year, especially if I can get a heavier set of limbs for it. Good luck! I look forward to reading the feedback.

24-Nov-18
I was hoping to shoot one and possibly order one prior to my next (4th) shoulder surgery. Too bad the shops never have them around to try.

24-Nov-18
Was not my cup of tea currently have the hyperforce and after shooting mathews traverse I ordered one

24-Nov-18
I shot the new hoyts and not impressed at all.. not a smooth draw and soft spungy backwall. Like some have said for the money definitely a let down. I will be shooting the new Mathews and primes soon.

25-Nov-18
are back orders really running through April?

25-Nov-18
I love Hoyt, but as of right now Bowtech is just making a better, more complete product line, and they actually offer a viable aluminum option for western hunters. The truth is Hoyt's carbons are almost the same weight as a lot of aluminum options now, so the extra cost just can't be justified. I could sit here and list all the corners Hoyt has decided to cut in the last couple years for no reason other than convenience for themselves and the dealers at the cost of the performance/quality of the final product to the consumer but it's a waste of time. I would look long and hard at the Realm line before I spent my hard earned money on anything else...My 2 cents

25-Nov-18
To piggy back on ELKMANS post...I weighed the RX3 and the Vertix on a digital bow scale at my local shop. Both bare bows other than a rest. The Hoyt (30") RX3 weighs 4lb 8oz. The 30" Mathews Vertix is 4lb 14oz (aluminum riser). That 6oz weight savings will cost you about $400. I've never owned a Mathews and never been a fan of them really. But, that Vertix was a nice shooting bow!

26-Nov-18
Mite have to shoot my 2012 Carbon Element one more year, I've shot Hoyts all my life I'm 65 if the new ones don't empress may as well keep the element. To late to change brands kinda like my wife after 36 yrs. she took care me can't change.

27-Nov-18
bighorn, it's never too late to try a new different one. A bow brand I mean.

27-Nov-18
ELKMAN is your relationship with Hoyt over?

28-Nov-18
I shot a few new bows today. In the end it was the Bowtech Realm X and the Hoyt RX3 Ultra that caught my interest. I was not intending on buying one today, but a Realm X came home with me. The price difference for the Carbon bow and the 6-8 week wait weren’t worth it to me. Both VERY nice bows though. I do feel the RX3 is vastly improved over the RX1. I had hoped to shoot a Traverse, but the shop sold the only one they had yesterday.

28-Nov-18

05-Dec-18
Just got an RX3 today. I like it so far. I have a Nitrum 34 and a Nitrum 30. I don't like the 34, the bow just doesn't aim good. I love the nitrum 30, its probably the best shooting bow i've ever had, but the draw cycle sucks! I'm in my 50's and ain't as strong as I use to be. The draw cycle on the RX3 is a lot smoother than the Nitrums. One problem I'm having is a low nock tear. I'll keep working on that.

06-Dec-18
I traveled to my local shop this week to shoot the Hoyt RX-3 and the new flagship bows from the other members of the Big-3...... Matthews Vertix and Bowtech Realm SS & SR6. In looking over the RX-3 in person, the most visible difference I saw in the Hoyt from last year's models is that the new cams are much larger. Also the shape of the carbon riser is significantly re-designed. All the models I shot were 70-pounders with the limbs cranked down to max draw weight. On shooting the bows, as far as comparing draw cycles I found the Hoyt to be the smoothest. The other 3 bows were also smooth, but noticeably humpier than the Hoyt. All 4 bows had a decent, long-enough valley. Very solid back wall on all 4 bows, with the Hoyt standing out as absolutely rock solid. Noise level similar but would give Matthews the edge here. The Hoyt is slightly quieter than last year's RX-1 model, but not as quiet as the Matthews Vertix. For overall feel at the shot, I would give the Bowtechs the nod. The Vertix and the Hoyt both have a little bit of jump, while the Realm is pretty much dead in the hand. For me hand-shock is not a factor in choosing a bow, but I mention it for those who may be interested. I don't really have any plans to buy a new bow this year, since I've only owned the RX-1 for less than a year. Although I still want to shoot the RX-3 Turbo when they come out early next year. But if I was buying a 2019 bow I'd probably choose the Hoyt based on my personal criteria.

06-Dec-18
"Just got an RX3 today. I like it so far. I have a Nitrum 34 and a Nitrum 30. I don't like the 34, the bow just doesn't aim good. I love the nitrum 30, its probably the best shooting bow i've ever had, but the draw cycle sucks! I'm in my 50's and ain't as strong as I use to be. The draw cycle on the RX3 is a lot smoother than the Nitrums. One problem I'm having is a low nock tear. I'll keep working on that."

I own a Nitrum 34 and I thinks its one of the smoothest drawing bows I ever owned, and I can hold solid with that bow way easier than any short ATA bow.. I'm 48 years old and have owned many different bows over the years.. Just goes to show you that you need to shoot a bow to see if its right for you. Don't take the internets word for it. Because what may be right for you is not always right for the next guy or gal.

06-Dec-18
Draw cycles are SO subjective. I usually get used to any draw cycle I happen to be shooting at the time. However, that definitely affects how you look at a bow with a different draw cycle. I don't put a ton of faith in what anyone says about a "draw cycle"...

06-Dec-18
Kota, doubling down on you comment on draw cycle. A smooth draw cycle is usually one that is very similar to what you are shooting rather than an objective statement of relative smoothness. Case and point, some guys still shoot Hoyt Trykons.

22-Dec-18
I’ve been shooting Mathews for about 10 years and this year I bought the rx3 ultra. I shot nearly all the flagship bows.. ( Mathews, Hoyt, Elite, Prime, Bowtech etc) and the rx3 ultra shot the best and felt the best to me. My second choice was the prime CT3. I thought the rx3 was a completely different bow then the rx1.

22-Dec-18
Finally picked up my RX3 ultra today, first shot at 15 yards without the peep tied in and cut an X, extremely pleased with this bow and cannot wait till January 20th to take it Coues hunting. Shot it out to 50 yards this afternoon once I got home and this thing is lights out accurate, I've been shooting a carbon element ever since Hoyt released them and did not think it was possible to improve on that. Giving it two thumbs up.

22-Dec-18
Good luck with it, it’s been getting good reviews for the most part.

23-Dec-18
RD: Do a twist on each yoke and that should handle the low tear unless you have something out of whack. APauls: It is not over yet. I will make the final decision when I get a few pieces of info. I requested from the engineers. But my guess is "yes" I will be leaving...

• Sitka Gear