Bake 26-Nov-18
Wayniac 26-Nov-18
TXHunter 26-Nov-18
ND String Puller 26-Nov-18
Hunts_with_stick 26-Nov-18
Lost Arra 26-Nov-18
BigOk 27-Nov-18
25-Nov-18
Looking for opinions on the best trail cameras out there for your buck. I have used wildgame innovation cams in the past and I have had pretty good luck for what I have paid for them. just shopping for new cams and I have lots of property and need a few so I don't want to spend too much on each camera. Just looking for advice and opinions

25-Nov-18
Looking for opinions on the best trail cameras out there for your buck. I have used wildgame innovation cams in the past and I have had pretty good luck for what I have paid for them. just shopping for new cams and I have lots of property and need a few so I don't want to spend too much on each camera. Just looking for advice and opinions

25-Nov-18
I have had good luck with Stealth cams off of camofire. I have bought 4. Good battery life, good day time pics, night time pics good enough but not great.

25-Nov-18
I bought 12 Browning comand ops and 3 other of the higher priced brownings. The night pictures on the comand ops suck. The other models were decent. The only thing I can say is that they were cheaper otherwise....in will stick to better cams on properties I am not concerned about them being stolen

25-Nov-18
Of the brands I have tried - NEVER EVER buy a Cuddeback. Almost as bad in terams of quality would be WildGame Innovations - total junk they don't last a season. Always buy a Bushnell - I have run 3 of them now, best picture quality, ease of use, and durable. I would put Moultrie next in line. I have one Browning- works good and easy, and durable - but picture quality so poor compared to the Bushnells…

25-Nov-18
I like moultries because they are most reliable as far as I've found

25-Nov-18
Bushnell's are doing good for me, followed closely by Moultrie.

25-Nov-18
I've got all my trail cams at the house and setup over a "scrap pile" in the backyard right now. Once a year, I put new batteries in them and set them up over it to see which are still working good and which aren't. Surprisingly, my 2 Wildgame Innovations cams have all taken far more pics than the others. They've got planned vs of critters that some of the others never even got. I'll be by my a few more of these when I start hanging them again in January.

Keep in mind, there was nothing scientific about this. The camera settings were not all synced and they were hung on several different trees.

25-Nov-18
Try the census from covert and mossy oak. $50 On ebay. I have had good luck with them

25-Nov-18
go to trailcampro for unbiased reviews

26-Nov-18
I have a Moultrie that's worked well for a couple of years now but it took 3 tries to get it right (customer service was great to work with as they just kept sending me new cameras until one worked). I have a Cuddelink that has worked fine for almost a year... no issues with it. And I have a $50 camera that I bought from Walmart that has worked longer than any other cam I've ever owned. It takes crappy pics though and the deer are always looking right at it. Was the pun in the title intended ? Lol.

26-Nov-18
Browning has been the best for me by far. DO NOT buy a Spypoint product.

26-Nov-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
I would go with Moultrie or Browning. I do vids, not pics with my cams....you get more info from vids. I wrote on an earlier thread this new Chinese cam I got for $49 each is taking great HD vids so far. It survived in single digit weather too!

26-Nov-18

LINK's embedded Photo
Standard Reconyx night time picture!
LINK's embedded Photo
Standard Reconyx night time picture!
The best camera I have or have used is still my 12 year old stealth flash camera. I like Stealth, Primos, Covert, wildgame and Tasco in that order. I haven’t used some brands but I’d buy a $28 Tasco before you could pay me to take a Reconyx. My Tasco takes the best pictures of all my cameras but I realize it’s probably only going to last a season.

26-Nov-18
My cheap wildgame innovations are my best lately. All black cameras for $50-$60 cdn you can't go wrong. Amazon and they're here in 2 days.

26-Nov-18
I used to like Moultrie's the best. I've had worse luck with their newer cameras. I prefer Covert cams now

26-Nov-18
I have surprisingly had great luck with Bushnells (my first 2 8MP from 2011 are still running and I leave them out for 8-9 months of the year). I just picked up 2 of the 16MP tree camo ones for $79 when Cabelas was blowing them out in Oct- so far, so good.

My primos are not all that great.

The Brownings (dark ops or spec ops??) have been OK - trigger speed seems slower than the Bushnells, and pic quality is fair.

26-Nov-18
I like the cheaper simple Bushnell Trophycams as they have always done well for me. Simple to operate too.

They have all new models now so the old Trophycams can be had for under $99. Cabelas ran them for $79 for a while and I bought four just to have them for the future when my old ones finally give up the ghost.

26-Nov-18
Yep check the reviews on trailcam pro you will find out from year to year the cameras will change in performance especially in the lower end units I have 4 of the older bushnell 8mp trophy cam HD's that are great, probably 6 years old. I bought 2 more recently that are a little newer that look the same but the night photos are not as good but the video is excellent! Just have to read the reviews before you buy. I always try to buy them as non current models for better deals generally less than $100 so it won't sting as bad when some A-Hole steals them!

26-Nov-18
wildgame innovation cams - just bought one of these and better then the cuddeback - best pictures I have gotten from all my cams, day and night. and for the price, you cant beat them!

26-Nov-18
Do a search for CO_Bowhunter here on bowsite. He uses Browning cameras and has phenomenal videos. I don't think he even takes still shots.

Here is one: https://vimeo.com/293760127

27-Nov-18
The Wild game innovations that I have used have lasted the longest. This is versus the Moultrie, Stealth and Bushnell, that I have purchased. For the price the Wild game are hard to pass up. To each his own,though.

• Sitka Gear