Trial153 28-Mar-19
brettpsu 28-Mar-19
Paul@thefort 28-Mar-19
GhostBird 28-Mar-19
APauls 28-Mar-19
ELKMAN 29-Mar-19
APauls 29-Mar-19
26-Nov-18
Just curious if anyone has had any experience with Meopta. I'm hoping they can repair my Cabelas Euro's and it doesn't break the bank. Bounced off the truck and happened to drive over em, so not like I'm expecting them to fix for nothing just hoping it isn't half the price of a new pair. Seems like the left side is fine, but green housing on the right side is cracked and right side let's water in. Focus wheel and diopeter wheel seem to work fine. Just curious what and if others' experiences were like. What a stupid stupid stupid mistake. Guy feels like a champ after that one.

27-Mar-19
Well, they only charged me $140 to fully repair my binos so I am very pleased. Came back today.

28-Mar-19
Very good to hear. Good correspondence or? How long did it take?

28-Mar-19
They have solid products. Good to hear they took care of you

28-Mar-19
Meopta makes some awesome glass! The good service is nice to hear. I have lots of optics from Swaro, Meopta, Leica, Leupold and Kowa. The Meopta products are probably the best bang for the buck with Kowa not far behind. My Swaro stuff is fantastic but I paid a fantastic price for it too.

28-Mar-19
Some of the binocular companies have a No Fault Policy and will fix or replace for free. I scratched the large lens on my Nikon Monarch 5 and they sent me a new pair. Have you guys experienced similar NO Fault policies?

28-Mar-19
Vortex has a no fault policy. I have used it with no issues.

28-Mar-19
The turnaround wasn't super fast, but my main issue was having bought something from Cabelas USA that THEY no longer carry, BEFORE they turned into Bass Pro. So first I went to Cablas thinking of their forever service, when that didn't work I called Meopta USA, and they directed me to Meopta Czech because I was in Canada. My servers didn't want to play nice with Czech at work, so then I went back to Meopta USA, because in fact I had ordered them from the USA. When a guy answered the phone there he was really good when and didn't even give me grief when I said I bought them from the USA. Turnaround wasn't insane fast it had to get mailed to Czech, repaired and come back. Couple months turnaround.

Their warranty is not a no fault warranty and I was basically just happy to have them do anything they could for me. Considering I drove over them and they were obviously smashed I figured I was very happy to be up and running again for $140.

29-Mar-19
Best glass for the money in my opinion.

29-Mar-19
That's where I'm at. I prefer the 1 year old Meopta's to a 8 year old Swaro EL. Only noticeable difference is color vibrancy. Light and everything else I could find no discernible difference, but the Meopta's are more vibrant. I do like the finish on the Swaros better though. The Meopta's don't want to slide in and out of my bino caddy as easily.

• Sitka Gear