Bake 30-Nov-18
PECO 30-Nov-18
W8N4RUT 30-Nov-18
sdkhunter 30-Nov-18
altitude sick 02-Dec-18
caribou77 02-Dec-18
Shaft2Long 02-Dec-18
26-Nov-18
Looking for opinions on the new dove tail mounted QAD rest that is offered for the Mathews Vertix. Is this the best direction to go or would a Hamskea, TT, ??? mounted traditionally be a better option and why?

30-Nov-18
Bueller? Bueller?

I'm interested in this question as well. Anyone try it yet?

30-Nov-18
I really like the idea of the dovetail mount. However it may be a solution to a problem that does not exist. I have had zero problems with a WB mounted in accordance with current standards.

30-Nov-18
I think its a great idea and I hope other mfr's follow. reminds me of the old Hoyts with dovetail sights, etc.

Scott

30-Nov-18
I like it a lot, it’s built like a tank - launcher and containment bar are metal. Because if it’s DT design, it also doesn’t stick out past the riser so the rest isn’t going to hit much as you set it down, walk through cover, etc. I also liked the micro adjustability - makes it a little easier to get that last fine tuning done. I’ve only setup one but it tuned easy - like the older style qads for the most part. If I was going to go with a cable driven rest and budget wasn’t a factor - hands down would be my choice... For me over the last 6ish years I’ve been leaning more towards limb driven rests so I’ll probaly stick that direction for now - I’m optimistic that we’ll hopefully see a DT limb driven option in the next year or so....

02-Dec-18
I just bought the Vertix and I think the dovetail mount will soon replace the traditional mount. It’s so much cleaner and more solid. Which is currently a possible location buzzing sound from vibration. As soon as Hamskea or other quality limb drive brand makes the dovetail mount I’ll switch.

02-Dec-18
It's not a new idea. It's been done on sights. Getting every manufacture on board to change to a new standard would be a monumental task. But dovetail rests and sights would give a more streamlined bow. Lighter weight and allow quivers to hug bows to improve balance.

02-Dec-18
It’s a nice idea but at 250, I’ll stick with my limbdriver; which I think is a better rest anyways.

• Sitka Gear