Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
arbe25 26-Nov-18
Scrappy 26-Nov-18
Scrappy 26-Nov-18
Backpack Hunter 26-Nov-18
arbe25 26-Nov-18
26-Nov-18
I have an original lone wolf assault. In its lowest position, it is level. So on a tree that is leaning back, the platform is also leaning back. Do the new assaults have more adjustability? Thanks for your help.

26-Nov-18
I agree Jeff.

26-Nov-18
If your using the batwing off set bracket you can move the stand around to the side of the tree. Hard to explain but you have one side of the tree that leans back, one side leaning down, then the other two sides. I just put my stand on one of those two sides.

I have both the original assault and assault 2. They are about the same as far as adjusting the cables. Biggest difference is I think is the size of the seat platform. Definitely love the bigger seat on the assault 2.

26-Nov-18

Scrappy's Link
I found a good video that explains what I was saying about a leaning tree.

26-Nov-18
I cut slots below to give more adjustability.......I also use the batwing like in the video when required.

26-Nov-18
Thanks for the replies. I just wish I could lay the stand down one slot. Sometimes the way I want to face and the tree lean are direct opposite. The fact that the last adjustment makes it level is a design problem.

• Sitka Gear