Bou'bound 27-Nov-18
APauls 27-Nov-18
Busta'Ribs 28-Nov-18
WV Mountaineer 28-Nov-18
Animal Killer 02-Dec-18
27-Nov-18

Animal Killer's embedded Photo
Animal Killer's embedded Photo
Looking thru the Cabela’s catolog, who here has used the Cabela’s insulated stand hunter series of base layers? Bought a top this week and looking forward to seeing how it works. Any insight to your thoughts or concerns. Thanks

27-Nov-18
I do not have one. However, it resembles a puffy (down or synthetic insulation).

Don’t plan on hiking far or doing anything strenuous! You’ll burn up I think!!

When I first used my Sitka Kelvin down coat & pants it made me the most painful hot I’ve ever been after hiking too far using it. Now I carry them and put on when I get there!

27-Nov-18
no concerns as to your purchase here. hope it is all you were seeking.

27-Nov-18
Looks like a nice long torso. That’s nice for sitting

28-Nov-18
Just spent a week in Alberta hunting the Edmonton Bow Zone and had that Cabela's Primaloft Insulated Base Layer in the tops and bottoms. That gear worked great and definitely helped keep me warm for 5 hour am and pm sits in temps down to minus 2 F. All in all, I think it's a great value. That said, I wasn't crazy about the quality of the zipper on the upper layer (was kinda small and difficult to operate) and the angle made it problematic on stand, especially with gloves. One of the other hunters in camp had the Sitka MIDI Jacket, which I instantly fell in love with, it's also Primaloft filled, but it's Camo and can be worn as an outer layer, it's got a smoother finish so it wears easier under a heavier outer layer, and the zipper is much better. Only problem is it's double the cost of the Cabela's piece. But I returned the Cabela's top piece, kept the bottoms, which I love, and ordered the Sitka MIDI. Now I think I have the best Primaloft Stand layer out there. Hope that helps.

28-Nov-18
Is the top piece a coated nylon or polyester? Meaning it reduces breathability? Or is it more breathable? If this shirt breathes well, here is the perfect second layer.

02-Dec-18
Follow up to the top base layer. I ordered it and got it the other day. Nice and warm but being built as a base layer it fits very snug. I typically wear Large with everything. With this as a large I could wear a merino base layer under it but it’s tight. Sending back to order an XL. I want to wear my base layer, this layer, an light jacket, and then my putter shell.

• Sitka Gear