Buck Watcher 28-Nov-18
Cocoon Man 28-Nov-18
t-roy 28-Nov-18
Franklin 28-Nov-18
Brotsky 28-Nov-18
White Falcon 28-Nov-18
eddie c 28-Nov-18
28-Nov-18
If you see someone detach it’s only because they don’t know the correct way. They are designed to stay attached from ground to ground

28-Nov-18
I never deattach....not for a second. I do have a strap/rope around the tree I attach to also, but never unhook the lifeline.

28-Nov-18
HI Scoot how did your season go?

You can just stay attached to the life line which I do, but I also have a rope rather than a strap which I also tie around the tree. This gives me redundancy ( training in rope rescue) as the life line has been left out in the elements which can weaken the rope and rodents can chew on anything left out during the season.

I certainly would never detach from the life line before attaching to a strap.

28-Nov-18
I have a couple of stands that are a bit higher than the others, preventing me from just staying attached to the lifeline while hunting, so I loop a safety rope above me around a branch or the trunk, hook up to it, then detach from my lifeline. Another possible scenario would be on oddly shaped trees where the branches cause an issue of being able to connect the lifeline close enough to utilize it directly.

28-Nov-18
As I posted on the other thread....get yourself a detachable "rope grab" and skip the knot deal. Once you climb up lock down the rope grab and you`re done. It will never wear out....never gets left out in the woods and you only need 1 to take to all your stands.

28-Nov-18
Scott, we use a lifeline and a strap on our double stands. Kia goes up on the lifeline and hooks to the strap and then pushes the knot down to me as far as she can reach. Then I hook to the lifeline as I go up the ladder. I'm hooked up generally before I reach a height or situation where I would be injured in a fall and she is hooked up 100% of the time. We reverse the process going down but the I can pull the knot all the way up to me for the down trip after she is safely on the ground.

28-Nov-18
Never detach!

28-Nov-18
Brotsky, i know of some guys that use 2 knots on their buddy stand set up. that may make it easier on you.

• Sitka Gear