ACB 30-Nov-18
snapcrackpop 30-Nov-18
Zbone 30-Nov-18
Owl 01-Dec-18
28-Nov-18
Looking for a good kidney recipe I came across some great instructions:

1) cook the piss out of it.

28-Nov-18
Similar preparation for stuffed anus kabobs, except you boil the $hit out of it.......................then add BBQ sauce, then salt and pepper to taste.

29-Nov-18

mtoomey's embedded Photo
mtoomey's embedded Photo

mtoomey's Link
Here's what I do. Check out the link. It's very good!

29-Nov-18
Yuk. Can’t buff a turd.

29-Nov-18
Yuck

29-Nov-18
I have pretty adventurous palate but kidneys are one thing I can't do.

29-Nov-18
I use them and the liver and spleen in boudain

29-Nov-18
Slice them from 1/4 to 1/2 thick like slices of summer sausage. In a cast iron skillet put whole stick of butter and when it is melted put a plenty of garlic power and satay them just hot enough to not scorch your butter . Put a a slice of sharp cheese on top about the same size with a tooth pick though it and serve as a appetizer they are delicious this way .

29-Nov-18
Slice them from 1/4 to 1/2 thick like slices of summer sausage. In a cast iron skillet put whole stick of butter and when it is melted put a plenty of garlic power and satay them just hot enough to not scorch your butter . Put a a slice of sharp cheese on top about the same size with a tooth pick though it and serve as a appetizer they are delicious this way .

29-Nov-18
Acb, when you cook them do you find that there are lots left on the plate by everyone else for you to enjoy?

29-Nov-18
^^Lol

29-Nov-18
I was glad to try liver again after 20 years, but I think I'm good for another 20. LOL.

30-Nov-18
I have fresh liver in frig for today’s meal

30-Nov-18
Remind me not to try ACB's recipes lol. I don't trust you!

30-Nov-18
I draw the line at liver, which is okay if done right, but no to spleen and kidney. Seriously? There isn't enough meat on the animal already without having to eat that garbage? If you're that poor, save your tag money and go buy a side of beef.

30-Nov-18
You eat the heart , kidneys and liver fresh off the kill . It is best when fresh and is a celebration of the God’s bounty given too you .

30-Nov-18
Board, campfire, butter, salt, pepper, garbage can

30-Nov-18
I should put this on the liver forum , but I will share it for Apauls . Mix a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 ( depending on your tast) of water to white vinegar in a mixing bowl. Slice your onions in rings and marinate in this for 3 hours or less . Slice your liver 1/4 to 1/2 thick and place in mixture for about hour. Oil in in pan carmlize onions and set aside . Fry liver and add onions back just to warn back up just before liver is done . Serve with mash potatoes and you are close to heaven .

30-Nov-18
Forgot to mention the heat needs to be medium and you can cook it naked or with flour I like it both ways . The liver that is .

30-Nov-18
I also cook the heart and kidneys in a stir fry with onions , bell peppers and mushrooms. It great that way also . Do not need to salt the kidneys:)

30-Nov-18
Luvs me some pickled tongue, but ain't touching liver or kidneys, those are filters...

30-Nov-18
Nope.

30-Nov-18

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
I do eat the heart and like it, but say no to deer liver around these parts because most of them are riddled with these. Kidneys, not a chance. I don't like the taste of 'sweat'.

30-Nov-18
TrapperKayak - What are we looking at in the photo?

30-Nov-18
Giant liver flukes, that were encysted in the liver. Parasites, whos microscopic larvae run throughout the deer's bloodstream also, so I rarely eat it anything but medium well or more (here in the east).

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo

30-Nov-18

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo
Forgot to mention when I put onions back in to warm up and cook a Little more I add some straight vinegar at this point .

30-Nov-18
BARF

30-Nov-18
Good liver story . My youngest daughter who is now 25 was in high school and I had cooked liver and onions and there was some left . She said Dad can I take this to school tomorrow for my lunch . I said sure. She said she was eating and the quarter back of the football team sat down across from her and said is that Vinson? Yes she replied . Did your dad kill it . Yes was her reply. Did he cook it . Again she said yes . He said can I try some that looks different from any venison I have had . She said sure cut him off a lobe:) he started chewing and said that is strong what cut of meat is that ? Looking up with a grin she says liver . Choking and spitting he gets up saying you are sick . Seems it caused quite a stir in lunch room . Chip off the old block .

30-Nov-18
Funny ABC!

30-Nov-18
Jocks aren't so tough after all..8^)

01-Dec-18
For those who are hatin', our ancestors ate everything from entry to exit on a critter and our DNA evolved for us to function on the nutrients provided thereof. Organ meats are particularly valuable for their vitamin and mineral profiles.

• Sitka Gear